Marco Blogs »

Living the Ridgway by Tony Ridgway

Most Recent Entries

Mission statement: I'm taking a break from the kitchen to share my thoughts about cooking and living in Naples for almost 40 years. I've finally learned, for better or worse, the truth in the children's taunt to which I was subjected: there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Ridgway. I hope my blog proves that my "way" is not so skewered after all, and that there are other like-minded individuals out there who are living the Ridgway and don't even know it! Contact info: tony@ridgwaybarandgrill.com, 239-262-5500 web place: www.RidgwayBarAndGrill.com

• The Personal Touch Effect Posted 1/25/2013 at 4:57 p.m. 0 comments

Tony discusses customer feedback and how passion drives the business. Also, he shares the story behind his Carrot Cake recipe.

• Holiday Musings & a Burger to Boot Posted 12/7/2012 at 2:14 p.m. 0 comments

Tony explains why his burger is so tasty and what's going on in December at Ridgway Bar & Grill

• An Inconvenient Truth Posted 10/30/2012 at 12:29 p.m. 0 comments

That simple moment made me evaluate the state of customer service. Being inconvenienced is not fun. It can do great damage to a reputation and those hurts run deep.

• Seasonal Hibernation is Over Posted 6/7/2012 at 9:46 a.m. 0 comments

Check Out These Amazing Summer Deals at Ridgway, Tony's & Bayside!

• Bake Mine with Lots of Style & Taste Posted 3/19/2012 at 8:47 a.m. 0 comments

Tony Ridgway reveals his first true passion: baking, and how he shares it with Naples.

• Making History...One Generation and Diner at a Time Posted 1/17/2012 at 10:33 a.m. 0 comments

Tony Ridgway invents a new atmosphere where younger generations can explore and experience the best cuisine in Naples

• What I Learned After 40 Years Posted 12/4/2011 at 2:49 p.m. 0 comments

The magic comes from guests. The multiple personalities that make up each night, the generations that cross our paths each day, the various backgrounds and beliefs that you bring create the aura, the sense of personality and excitement.

• Reflections from Vermont Posted 10/16/2011 at 4:36 p.m. 0 comments

This trip reminded me of just how arduous and expensive the process of cooking is when you are trying to create excellent food and serve excellent wine for six people!

• Busting the Blues with Berries Posted 9/26/2011 at 6:24 p.m. 0 comments

Tony sets his sights on blueberry pie during a visit to Vermont.

• It’s all about the Rouille Posted 8/24/2011 at 4:52 p.m. 0 comments

The flavor and richness of Rouille enhances and transforms a dish. Rule number one when cooking; fat carries the flavor. Rule number two; our taste buds love fat. So when rule one and two meet, we’re generally happy campers!