Marco Blogs »

Rush to Reason, by Dave Rush

Most Recent Entries

Mission Statement: To observe and comment on events as they affect our region, and try to put things in a proper perspective, and seek to clarify events to prevent them from being taken out of context. Contact info: 239-394-7010 or cell 336-200-3399.

• Wisconsin Governor and Teachers Union Posted 2/22/2011 at 5:17 p.m. 0 comments

Just so you’ll think twice before calling me a right wing Republican extremist, let me tell you a little bit about myself. First, yes, I am a registered Republican, but other than Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford, my votes have gone independent.

• Tax extension or Snooker? Posted 12/12/2010 at 3:51 p.m. 0 comments

Eniugh of the mislabeling ...

• Marco Island City Council elections: Living up to campaign promises? Posted 9/13/2010 at 9:10 p.m. 0 comments

So, lets go back to the last Marco Island City Council elections. Foremost in the campaign slogans was a promise of “fiscal responsibility”. Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m happy to see two of the newly elected are living up to their campaign promises, by trying to hold the line on spending and taxes.

• Polesi investigates Mosque opponents Posted 8/19/2010 at 10:34 p.m. 1 comment

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has either lost her marbles (if she really had any to lose), or has gone completely ape with her perceived power.

• Unemployment benefits and the stimulus package Posted 7/23/2010 at 10:43 a.m. 0 comments

Congress has finally approved and PresBO has signed into law, another extension of unemployment benefits which will enable millions of jobless Americans put food on their tables, and pay at least some of their necessary expenses.

• Did he really say that? Posted 6/17/2010 at 10:10 a.m. 1 comment

One thing retirement does is give one plenty of time and opportunities to find some of the wackiest things in life.

• Arizona Immigration Law Posted 5/27/2010 at 3:14 p.m. 0 comments

The paper tiger reared its head big time last week, in an appalling way, to most Americans, I would hope. I think everyone is aware of the Obama Administration’s apoplexy over the Arizona Immigration Law.

• Who I am, what I've done, where I've been Posted 5/14/2010 at 5:40 p.m. 1 comment

Please let me introduce myself