happy6 writes:

the cameras were 250k and they are in a storage unit somewhere....this per the Eagle report last year.

happy6 writes:

read on...walduck wants to raise the taxes (he doesn't pay any as he's in foreclosure)...same for popoff...the refund was delayed again...and by the way my tax bill from marco is more than 10%.

MarcoFacts writes:

Shadow, once again it's obvious you were not at the meeting nor did you watch it. Popoff was the councilor that was trying to get the lowest milage rate. He, Kiester and Fortch voted no to the higher rate twice! It amazes me how misinformation spreads...are you happy you are the source of the lies this time?

jwputnam writes:

Trotter said he was upset about publishing rumors in the Eagle about two councilors' personal lives. "It's not responsible journalism to create that vicious platform," Trotter said.

Could someone please tell me what "rumors" were published in the paper?

ezeee writes:

The only rumors I have heard of are the unfounded babbling of a blogger who calls himself Shadow who constantly attacks council members with untruths and non issues.

Smeg writes:

Rumors? Both city councilors' foreclosure problems are public record. But since the paper choses to ignore the n-e-w-s it gets reported here. The Shadow knows.

jwputnam writes:

Some would say that it is "irresponsible" to not recluse yourself from voting on property taxes when you use foreclosure and bankruptcy to avoid paying your own!

EdFoster writes:

Not to change the subject, but Hecker is correct. Street runoff is and will continue to degrade Marco waters. What she fails to mention is that it's not a question of whether the first inch or inch and a half is captured, it's a matter of destroying the swales and replacing them with catch-basins and/or direct runoff into Marco canals in order to satisfy the people's desire to drain the island as rapidly as possible after a rainstorm AND to city government's penchant to spend money on roadway projects.

Marco was designed and laid out with swales to retain rainwater and filter it slowly through grass and sand to remove pollutants before they enter the waterways. Deltona took considerable effort in designing the swales, going back year after year to improve those which were not doing their job. Needless to say, the swales slowed down drainage and roadways flooded for a period of time after a severe downpour. Duh! That's precisely what they were supposed to do!

In their infinite wisdom and non-ending desire to spend every nickel they could find, City Council, the City Manager, and the Public Utilities Director decreed that Marco Shall Replace Swales with Drainage Ditches and Catch Basin and shall hasten the flow of rainwater into the Gulf of Mexico thereby creating more pollution but faster traffic flow.

You asked for it, Marco residents. C.A.R.E.S., Inc. crusaded against this idiocy and was denigrated by Ms. Hecker among others for being CAVE dwellers, Citizens Against Virtually Everything. When you can no longer swim or use the waters that are Marco's prime possession, go complain to Monte Lazarus and John Arceri. They brought you this pig.

Ed Foster
Former Marco Resident
Founder of C.A.R.E.S., Inc.

happy6 writes:

marcofacts/ezee...i don't have to make up lies..these guys make the news regularly..the cameras are in storage/the properties are in foreclosure....now what portion of this is a lie?
oh and by the way...the LCEC refund has been delayed and your taxes are going through the roof and the water plant is falling apart(literally, look at the pictures)/no fishing pier/bridge we don't need over smokehouse/veterans park we can't afford....these are the facts...not me making something up...thankyou.

ezeee writes:

According to county tax rolls it shows that the taxes on the properties you morons refer to are were both paid on 11/26/08. Putnam you disgust me, most people would say it is "irresponsible” to shoot your mouth off when you don’t know what you are talking about.

By the way Mr. Putnam you stated in a previous blog that you were on Medicare. How did you pull that one off, according to county records you won’t be 65 until November, was it a mental disability that got you on Medicare early. Or are you just a BS artist.

Sailor writes:

At least one councilor is in foreclosure and I sincerely feel bad for his unfortunate circumstances.

There is one other councilor in public records for foreclosure and it is not his personal residence. The foreclosure is under Key Marco Investor Group, LLC. There are six partners listed in this LLC.

Times are tough John, people are having financial troubles, in this market it is entirely understandable. What is not understandable is that you seem to be relishing in others misfortune.

jwputnam writes:

Are you seriously asking me to feel sorry for someone who inherited a home from his mother and then lost it in foreclosure? I feel sorry for the investors in the bank!

Look....you (usual suspects) can't make me feel sorry for these two. They have made lousy decisions and I don't want them making any for me. Simple as that.

PS I have my Medicare card already.....and check those tax rolls again in 2010 and tell me how they are doing. I would LOVE to examine your tax records, but then you hide behind a moniker.

I kind of get to you guys, don't I.

jwputnam writes:

Actually, I am far more interested in reading "the usual suspects" responses to Ed Foster's excellent response to Ms. Heckers comments above. Hard to refute, so I am assuming that you will probably just check for blasteding information about him and see if you can smear him enough to change the subject, right? Issler will of course refer to the last election results. hahahahaha. Love it.

Leroy writes:

John, on the contrary, I think we're getting to you. You're all alone John - you are the last stubborn voice of the cave dwellers. We haven't forgotten that Chairwoman DisCuillo had a restraining order against you for threatening emails and yet you're still at it. Some people never learn!

Geezer writes:

Putnam, your antics will assuredly backfire. Everyone is struggling to make ends meet and you are attempting a smear campaign against anyone you disagree with. Why not attack Kiester with the same vigor? After all, he did break the law, was found guilty in a court of law. Putnam, if you have such high ideals and standards for our community leaders why are you so silent about Kiesters transgressions?

Uomo_di_Stato writes:

jwputnam, have some respect for those that were elected by the majority to lead our city! what have you done to deserve any respect or admiration on marco island? so brave of you to take pot shots at these people in financial trouble.

Leroy writes:

Putznam, if you don't like them don't vote for them. And yes, the last election has to come up because you still don't get it...you're still too dense to accept the fact that your candidates got creamed at the polls. You are the last reminants of the vocal minority.

Flowerpower writes:

Leroy, I remember how upset Terri was that this guy, Putnam, kept sending inappropriate and threatening emails to her. I know for a fact that she called the police chief and almost had him arrested. He sent her an apology, what a creep.

marcoislandres writes:

Seems to me we all got along just fine before we became a City. I wish we could vote on that again?

jwputnam writes:

hahahahaha. If only you knew how much I enjoy your moronic nonsense.

PS I never wrote threatening emails and I never apologized.

in response to Leroy:

Leroy,

"Restraining order"? I think that you should provide proof of that.

Perhaps you are a little worked up and fabricating some?

Flowerpower writes:

Mr. Putnam, all I know is that Terri was very upset at emails she received from you. I didn't see them but you can count on the fact that I will do a public records request and find them...stay tuned.

Flowerpower,

Your mission is to distort and misdirect the argument. You are a zealot. You know that I have simply stated the truth about two of our councilors, but you don't want to hear it....more importantly, you don't want anyone else to hear it. I have news for you though: These "blogs" are fun, but if you really want to have your say, write an LTE (if they will except one from you....you do have to have the courage of conviction to use your real name). In other words, this is a very limited audience. You may feel better ranting and raving and calling everybody names, but you aren't getting out there! Versteh?

I vaguely remember the emails to Terri. I tried to recall them on my computer sop that I could reprint them for you, but they are gone. They may have been somewhat heated...kind of like your ranting, but FAR from threatening. I was totally amazed that Terri took offense and I told her so. Frankly, I supported Terri often and offered to work for her at one time. Emails are often TOTALLY misinterpreted, especially when they are written in passion.

If I apologized to Terri....which I do not recall and think unlikely...it was probably an attempt to help her to understand that I was not attacking her personally. I did contact Chief Reinke (cc Terri) because she copied him on an email to me "warning" me of her feelings. NO ONE except Terri found my emails to be anything more than an expression of my political leanings.

You don't have to pay for a records request. All you need do is give Terri a call and ask her for them. I welcome seeing them again in their entirety as well as Chief Reinke's response.

You know "Flowerpower", I don't hide behind an anonymous name like you do. I am sure that you will tell me how dangerous it would be for you to disclose your real name, but it is VERY easy to make accusations anonymously, isn't it?

PS "Flowerpower" actually kind of says it all to me. Enjoy my latest LTE. I am sure that you will.

jwputnam writes:

Well, I found those dastardly emails (and learned something about my archive files, for which I thank you). Here you go:

First one: Terri,

It is time for you to step up and take charge. Moss must go. You know it. If you don’t, you are kidding yourself. This isn’t political, it’s criminal.

If you do nothing, you will be held responsible as well….and then you will deserve it.

Open your eyes.

With respect,

John

Terri's response: Dear John,

I don't appreciate your threatening words. Perhaps through email, one cannot tell another's tone; however, I don't take threats lightly, and have notified the Chief of Police in other "threatening tones" before. Perhaps you will be held responsible for your actions.

Terri

Second one: I fail to see the threat in my email. In stating that you will be held responsible for inaction, I am simply referring to the potential of political problems….perhaps a future recall. If you perceive some sort of personal threat, that is simply off the chart for me. As you say, with email it is difficult to discern tone. For that, I apologize.

As I reread what I wrote, I still fail to see the threat. I see the note as advice. That is what was intended as a frequent supporter of yours.

At any rate, I have always shown you good support. I have always been honest with you and you have always acknowledged this.

I will not write to you personally again as I do not wish to perpetuate any further tension for you. I obviously struck a nerve.

Chief Reinke is certainly welcome to give me a call if he feels it necessary, and he can find time to break from his investigation of those evil parties whom the city contends are planting asbestos shards about the city. My cell is 239-777-2555. I am in MN until next Monday.

Sincerely,

John Putnam
1420 Salvadore Court
Marco Island, FL 34145

jwputnam@comcast.net
HM: 239-394-3549
CLL: 239-777-2555

I have quite a few more...mostly very supportive...and I have MANY friendly responses and "thank yous" from Terri. Would you like to see them as well? Not a problem, just takes time. Ask. I'll actually send them all.

So....how's that going for yah? Do you see an apology in there?

PS You need not thank me for saving you the information request funds. It is my pleasure.

happy6 writes:

GO JOHN!..and i agree with you the blogs are FUN...it's just too bad the rest don't see them that way...no one on these blogs would say in person what they say on the blogs i suspect...unless of course it was to arceri,walduck,lazzarus,issler,trotter and our esteemed city manager...bill moss JUNIOR....
so my friend...and i use that term loosely...keep 'em coming...i love 'em and you have a set of kahonies.

27_Year_Resident writes:

John, WHAT? In one blog you say "I never wrote threatening emails and I never apologized," and in the next you provide proof that you did!! You are a liar, and not a very good one.

27_Year_Resident writes:

Putnam, you have also shown that you are blogging under your own name, very admirable, and the name of Shadow as the blogs are only 17 minutes apart. Clever, sick and desperate, but clever.

Montel writes:

John Putnams internal dialog:

I didn’t write a threatening letter to Chairwoman Terri D.

Terri didn’t call the police one me!

I didn’t send her any apology!

Oh, by the way, here is proof that I did send Terri and inappropriate email and an apology…have a nice day!

Uomo_di_Stato writes:

Putnam makes Godfrey Davies look like a genius…lol

Sailor writes:

John, have you ever considered that you are wrong about your choices? Have you considered for a moment that you're the guy that the majority laughs at? Read your ridiculous blogs and have some quiet time John. Do some soul searching and perhaps you will see the light. John, you are way out of line. I know you and you are better than this!!

jchamberland writes:

Mr. Putnam, here's a headline I thought you would appreciate. It is a sad headline but it just goes to show the readers that not only are you a hypocrite, you also make very poor choices in who you supported for council. First the guilty verdict for Kiester, who made a mockery of the law according to Judge Carr for his Sunshine violations and now your friend Guidry!

"Formal charges of soliciting sex for services filed against Marco doctor."

Unlike you John I am saddened by this headline. I did not even consider voting for him and he is not my doctor but I feel for the victim, Guidry and his family.

jwputnam writes:

hahahahahahahaha!!!! I love you guys!

jwputnam writes:

Oh...incidentally....I have no aliases....never have had...ever.....and I have written to the Eagle in the past and told them that they are free to release any false identities that I might have. Call them and see. Have them call me and get permission if that helps.

Actually, my sense of humor would not create someone like "Shadow", but rather a moron like "Montel". In addition, I would not stay with ONE identity. That would be no fun and would lead to early detection.

OK, perhaps you have caught me. I'll at least confess to one identity created that I amuse myself with: "Ed Issler". That one is most fun and a stroke of genius!

jwputnam writes:

Sometimes I crack myself up!

in response to EdFoster:

Ed Foster
Former Marco Resident
Founder of C.A.R.E.S., Inc.

I think that you all have forgotten to address Mr. Foster's excellent analysis of our drainage problem. How about the more intellectual among you? Anybody?

27_Year_Resident writes:

Pitiful how you try to redirect the focus from you back to Foster. Won't work John, you are a liar and you were caught. So, how about a reply - you clearly stated that you did not send a threatening letter or an apology to Terri D. and then you supplied the letter and your apology. What’s your response John? You hold everyone to a higher standard but yourself and those that you agree with politically. Time to get back on your meds!

jwputnam writes:

In other words, you wish to dismiss Mr. Foster's excellent analysis of our water problem on Marco....because, of course it does not fit with your political views AND the fact that it so clearly shows how inept the city government is and was. Does that about cover it?

Now...that said...there is clearly no threat or apology. The letters are proof. You know that though.

in response to Leroy:

ummmm, Leroy, my main man. You want to retract that "restraining order" comment? Wouldn't you consider that a little liablous? Probably not, but then "some people never learn", right?

in response to jwputnam:

Let's try this again. Any intellects left out there?

ezeee writes:

John, you are babbling, do you realize that you are talking to yourself. I think you have lost it. Please get back on your med's before its to late.

Soloman writes:

Mr. Putman just can't admit he's wrong and he's lying. No need to continue talking to him!

"P-U-T-N-A-M"

Ed Foster
Former Marco Resident
Founder of C.A.R.E.S., Inc.

dc5799 writes:

Ed Foster has it all over you people, you missed a great, smart, classy guy when you let him go. He never said one thing he couldn't back up.
I applaud Ed and all the info he has shared with us. Keep it up Ed they must want to vomit when you share your knowledge.

playballonK writes:

Putnam you are esentially arguing with 2 people here, Monte Lazarus and his 4 aliases and Ray Beauford and his 4 aliases(soloman,gezeer,sailor & leroy) .
I'm sure they're in the process(after reading my post here)of creating a few new ones.

Flowerpower writes:

Mr. Putnam, I see you got a little help from some bloggers, or your alias'. Either way, you started a fight you cannot finish and you lied repeadely...both are enough for me to stop any further communication with you .

jwputnam writes:

Thanks so much for intelligent comments concerning a serious water problem on Marco!

I gotta admit that this commenting is getting a little childish. I honestly have tried to be open and honest, but they do a good job of bringing out the sarcasim in me. I really just want to address issues and read other serious opinions, but if you write ANYTHING that the protectors of the syndicate do not like, they attack you personally.....which doesn't bother me as I have nothing to hide (or or at do NOT hide), except that I really, really want to discuss the issues. Not possible as long as the likes of the despicable attorney remain on line.

Incidentally, I wrote the following to Bill Green today and he said that he would look in to it:

"Dear Mr. Green,

First of all, thank you so very much for accepting and printing my LTEs.
I realize that many are considered "contoversial" by one group on the Island and that they have repeatedly pressured your paper to omit them....or so I have been told.

I write today to suggest that you allow all commentors only ONE alias OR their real name as I have always elected to use....and that you make this known via an editorial. In this way, those of us who prefer to write under our own names (there are several) would not have to be constantly accused of responding to ourselves under some other alias.

If you cannot do that, would you at least verify to anyone who asks that I (John Putnam) write under my own name and do not ever use an alias?

John Putnam"

We'll see what happens.

PS Look for another "hateful" LTE tomorrow. The girlymen are NOT going to be happy.

in response to Flowerpower:

In other words, you give up because you got beat up pretty badly by a man who knows your type and can handle your childish rhetoric?

That, my dear is the truth. Go soak in your tub.

Semper_Fidelis writes:

The only childish one is you Putnam!!

Soloman writes:

Mr. Putnam, after carefully & painfully reading the entire blog stream I want to make a couple observations:

With respect to you writing a threatening email (and it was a threatening email) to a councilor you said:

"I never wrote threatening emails and I never apologized."

Then you supplied the letter you wrote for all to see and in that letter you say:

"For that, I apologize."

Sounds like an apology to me.

Then, like a child, you say:

"So....how's that going for yah? Do you see an apology in there?"

Wow, I just don't understand your thought process. Really sad that a grown man could act so childish and outwardly lie so much. You are definitely a psychology thesis waiting to happen. Your inability to see anything wrong in your behavior and hypocrisy is amazing. I am writing this anonymously because you scare me.

jwputnam writes:

More truly childish comments from syndicate sycophants. Do you honestly believe your own words? Of course not.

You do not reveal your name because you are afraid of reprisal...not from me...but from the community. No courage. That's why I do not fear you or all the others like you.

Well, this is getting old. Same old nonsense from the same old cowardly nasties. (That kind of hurts, doesn't it....tough to hide behind mommie's skirts at such an old age.) Pathetic really.