WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

What a disaster this is! There is no way America will be able to pay for this disaster. We will soon be Greece. GOV health care budget for 2014 is already over $1trillion. http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/f...

These estimates are way too low with this disaster being upheld.

Sad day in America. The corruption in DC is out of control. Overall Independent Klaus? You're delusional if you believe that.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Rising insurance premiums will result in the extermination of what is left of middle class America and small business owners. Insurance premiums approaching $2,000 a month for a family of 4. That should bode well for a consumer based economy along with the higher taxes. Housing prices should rise on the back of this as well?

There is more to this Q&A. I just chose the most important one. Google WSJ to read the rest.

A full Q&A on what just happened from the WSJ's Lousie Radofsky

Q: What will happen to my insurance premiums?

A: Most consumers can expect to keep seeing increases in premiums and co-payments because the underlying cost of health care is expected to rise. The law contains a few mechanisms to curb premiums, but it also requires that many insurance providers make their benefits more generous, which will raise their cost. Older people could see their premiums go down because of the new age rating rules insurers will face. People who buy policies without the help of an employer could get a better deal by being able to shop on the exchanges, where comparing plans will be easier than before.

in response to GorchFock:

You may not know it, but you just revealed the answer to to the health care crisis in America. With this statement...A heart attack cost in Naples to treat it all in $ 250 000 +. In Germany less than $30,000. Why?

Obamacare does not address the out of control costs! CNBC had a CEO of one of the drug companies on this morning. He was against allowing Americans to buy RX drugs from other countries where they are cheaper. He says that would compromise the quality of the drugs. I say BS! It's called free market capitalism! The companies that sell MRI, CAT scan, etc, machines make sure there are only a certain amount of machines located in a given geographic location. Why? To keep them scarce to keep costs up. The Chinese or the Japanese could probly crank these out like flat screen TV's or ipads. Then there is insurance. Why can't I buy my insurance from another state or country for that matter? It's the GOV stopping this, why?

The above measure are a start to bringing down the cost. Cost is key. It will allow people without insurance to pay for the services out of their own pocket if they choose not to buy health insurance. It will bring the health insurance cost down for the people that do purchase health care insurance.

LET FREE MARKETS DICTATE PRICE, NOT GOVERNMENT! Business 101, Build the better mouse trap!

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

None of what I said above matters. All the politicians are in the pocket of the health care lobbies. Drug companies, insurance companies etc. Romney won't change this fact. We know Obama won't change this. The wars will still be fought and the health care costs will continue to rise. No one in DC will stop either one. Then add in all the other entitlements to people, corporate welfare, Fannie mae, Freddie Mac, GovernmentMotors, AIG, and on and on. Seems to me soon the GOV will run everything.

I need to go home and look at my passport just to double check my country of origin because I'm not to sure it still says United States of America?

August8 writes:

Klaus must be from France or the planet Stupidor where Polsi is the Govenor.

Liberty and freedom took a long walk today toward the end of the pier, very, very sad.My gut tells me and other real American's that Obama just handed President Romney the keys to the White House !!!!!!!

blogsmog writes:

in response to August8:

Klaus must be from France or the planet Stupidor where Polsi is the Govenor.

August pay no attention to our little American hater formally known as 'Klaubterman' This guy is still in disbelief that America demolished Germany in WWI and WWII. Instead of Klaus Studderbakker, he's known around these parts as 'Seargent Shultz'..."Coloniel Hogan is that delicious struddel that I smell??? I SEE NUTHING!!....

blogsmog writes:

Poor Sgt. Shultz suggesting removal that all who offend him...boo hoo..Klaubtbermann let me hear you do a little Col. Klink impersonation...pleeeeease...

in response to GorchFock:

K:

Pay attention, the Supreme Court opinion as offered from Judge Roberts, held the mandate to purchase health insurance as unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause but then defined the mandate as a tax. As such, as a tax, the mandate is constitutional.

Now, going forward, Americans will review the Affordable Health Care Act, as 26 state attorney generals did, when they went to court to lay claim it was a tax.

Now, it is clear by Supreme Court decree this mandate is a TAX, so now Americans can review with clarity the power of the IRS to enforce the law. And in that light, I believe the election of 2012 will be more engaging and poignant when compared to 2010. Remember, Obama after the 2010 congressional election, said: "shellacking" to describe the Democratic election results.

The past gives us a glimpse of the future. And the ruling of the highest court in the land, is offering a glimpse by allowing Americans to voice there concerns in the upcoming elections.

Love your enthusiasm, but I cherish liberty. For the record, I agree strongly with the dissenting opinion of Judge Kennedy.

K,

I know there are a lot of conservatives, Tea Partiers, Republicans, etc that are screaming mad about Judge Roberts going to the left however you wish to define the left, but his statement puts the responsibility of policy and viability of Obamacare in the hands of the people.

"Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our nation´s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

Now I will again maintain my prediction that Mr. Romney will win because the folks will vote based on economy and debt which are impacted by the out of wedlock birth of Obamacare and all the new taxes on all the classes, including the MIDDLE CLASS.

Again, if history offers insight, I recall a president Bush who broke his promise of "read my lips, no new taxes" losing to Mr. Clinton. So if president Obama says "no new taxes on those earning less than $250K", he has just been advised by the highest court in the land. Obamacare is a new tax. And now the folks, can ask if they wish to pay new taxes.

Note: Politics suck but policy matters.

Vote 2012!

in response to ajm3s:

K,

Note: Politics suck but policy matters.

Vote 2012!

ajm3s,
I hate to do this but I will. I will bet that Obama care is never repealed even with a Romney win. Not because they can't (maybe they can't) but because they (all of DC, both sides) want this for you and me. There will be some excuse as to why they won't or can't repeal it. Romney is the nominee for a reason (sad) and all this is is a giant dog and pony show to keep you distracted while they (both sides) steel more freedoms from you and usurp more power. Romney designed the frame work for the plan, he's on record supporting the personal mandate. He's also on record supporting a ban on assault weapons in Mass. Google is your friend.

The founding fathers warned us of this many, many, many, times. By the time the people figure out what is happening there will be only one option left. A bloody revolution in this country. It's not the first and won't be the last. It's not all Obamas doing, it has been in the making for years. So enjoy your bread and circuses, and your health care while it lasts.

Klaus,
I do not mean revolution over health care alone.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

in response to WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot:

ajm3s,

WTF,

Bear in mind, I am not a big fan of Mr. Romney, having been a manufacturer in MA. I am well aware of Romneycare and do agree with all your comments. If I had a choice, I would have liked to see a Mitch Daniels of Indiana, but that never came to be.

I am also, not a big fan of the Republican establishment, since it has the same attributes of Democrats where policy is devoid of tried and true principles.

However, Americans need to make a choice, and Obama going forward is tantamount to looking to Europe for solutions. He is devoid of understanding state sovereignty and individual liberty.

My mantra: dilution is the solution to pollution. Consequently, need to replace career politicians when we can, and make a choice based on simple criteria, of limited governance and fiscal responibility. So if Americans can pay attention, to vote at local, state and federal levels for candidates that espouse fiscal responsibility, and limited governance.

Government does not need to build community centers with gymnasiums at the local level or subsidize healthcare centers on Marco Island, nor devise a program to manage my healthcare at the federal level under a myriad of government departments created under Obamacare.

If we are to repeal Obamacare and look to more patient centric solutions rather than bureaucratic/insurance centric government regulations, to reduce government spending and manage debt, etc, there is NO hope with Obama.

I do understand, Romney is not perfect, and not even conservative from my perspective, but he promised he would repeal Obamacare and I believe he can because the Senate is looking like many Democratic seats will go to the other side.

I am concerned. But i am more concerned with news media not fulfilling its role to inform the folks. The over the air, mass news media is now a propaganda arm and biased.

in response to ajm3s:

WTF,

ajm3s,
you and I are cut from the same cloth. I have unfortunately realized that that cloth no longer has any meaning. The emperor has no clothes.

I do not mean this in a combative way. You are about to be severely disappointed. Romney, Obama, nor any of the Republicans or Democrats have any plans of repealing Obama care. This is and has been the plan for years now. Obama just happens to be the one to have pushed it through. It will take some time. I hope Romney wins. Only so people like you begin to understand that it is us (the people) vs them (the GOV) again. It is a cycle, it is human nature. There is no way around it. I promise, If Romney wins and they take the Senate Obama care will still exist. The cycle has reached that point. I will leave you with Jefferson again.

Thomas Jefferson

26yearsonmarco writes:

To amj3s and WhiskeyTangoFowtrot:

It is refreshing to read an intelligent conversation such as you two are having.

Unfortunately, there is an over whelming percentage of unintelligent and uninformed people who will keep Obamee in office because they think Obamacare means they will get something for nothing.

The informed, including some large and well-known companies, are considering (behind closed doors) to pay the fine, and eliminate all forms of hospitalization for their employees.

The people who are well off will seek other options, such as Medical Tourism and Concierge Medicine, and the fools who vote once again for Obamees Hope and Change, will be fooled once again.

As someone once said, s----- is as s----- does.

1Paradiselost writes:

The "individual mandate" sounds like something someone would do on a Saturday night when they are home alone.

26yearsonmarco writes:

Klaus, I know its a waste of time responding to your posts, but you might want to read this:

Sorry I could not translate it for you, but do your best.

26yearsonmarco writes:

Klaus,

You said: "Any try to undermine the decision of the US supreme court is a direct attack against the freedom of the American democracy."

I may be on Marco for only 26 years, but my family roots date back to before the Revolution.

America is a Republic, for which it stands, and not a democracy as explained in the following attachment.

Try to remember this while you watch the Fireworks this Wednesday, and think how many Americans died for the principle.

Also, if you are close enough to Obama, please convey this to him, because like you, he does not understand either.

August8 writes:

"WHAT A MESS THIS GUY PLACED AMERICA IN, VOTE APPROPRIATLY IN NOVEMBER ALL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to August8:

BUSH?

in response to GorchFock:

"I mean this statement means that a President Romney will not honor the decision of the highest court in America because he has another opinion. What kind of understanding is that for a future President of America"

Romney is honoring the court, and making claim that if elected he will endorse the will of the people by making the claim he will repeal the law. Romney's statement is a call to those Americans who vote, that if elected he will repeal the Affordable Healthcare Act. His comment is not a disrespectful statement. The Supreme Court is voting on the constitutionality of the law, NOT its wisdom or if it is a good or bad law. The American people are responsible to let their elected representatives know by their vote for/against those members who seek to represent them.

Since laws are created by man, they can be good or bad laws. The Supreme Court votes with regard to constitutionality.

Mr. Romney is only voicing his "promise" to repeal the law and the folks can now vote to agree or disagree by voting for the candidate of choice.

On the flip side, President Obama was vindicated by the convoluted opinion of Judge Roberts to declare the act constitutional on the grounds it is a tax, when in fact, President Obama said it was NOT. Would you have denounced President Obama if the Supreme Court voted 5-4 the law was unconstitutional? Would President Obama been equally less honorable a President?

I can only say, I would have voted with Judge Kennedy et al. since their dissension was bold and pointed.

Vote 2012!

26yearsonmarco writes:

I often wonder how our Founding Fathers would feel if they could see how the Document they fought and died for is being used today for by Politicos for political purposes, and not for the good of “We the People”, as it was intended??

This article exposes Robert as a Turncoat:

And this article explains who will be most impacted by this TAX:

And, last but not least. This article shows who will be least affected by the TAX:

Again, I wonder, if our Founding Fathers knew how the Constitution would be used against “We the People” by Politicos, would they would have written it on Toilet Paper.

August8 writes:

Obama--- The worst President in the Nation's History.
------
------
------
------

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

The problem here is that Obamacare does not address the underlying problems at the very least. At the very most it is just a huge piece of legislation designed to take more freedoms (and money) from the people.

The republicans do not have a credible plan. They will never put forth a credible plan. Why? Campaign contributions from the health care industry are too important. It would be horrible to actually let open markets set prices for health insurance and other care in the eyes of the healthcare industry.

Government spending on healthcare is rising at a little over 9% per year. It will bankrupt the country and the middle class in just a few short years.

26yearsonmarco writes:

in response to August8:

Obama--- The worst President in the Nation's History.
------
------
------
------

26yearsonmarco

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to 26yearsonmarco:

26yearsonmarco

Let me sign in:
If Lincoln came back he would not recognize today's Republican party. Today's Republican party is full of right wing radicals that wrap themselves in the constitution to make themselves feel justified for their anger.

It sickens me to hear these people who are so firm in their resolve they are even willing to end this American republic just to gain power and control.

Just name one thing the Republicans have done in the past 2 years to promote JOBS!

To all who say they support the constitution, It's the congress and senate that create laws, NOT (Obama) the president....right! Your all full of it!

If there is no progress in this country blame yourselves for being the party of NO.

Even if Ronald Reagan came back to life he would not recognize today's Republican party, ask his son Ron.

I pity all of you because you are full of hate. The Republican I am, is not what this party has become. If we don't change we will loose again.. very sad!

kellertime writes:

how about curing the housing slump before anything else

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Kellertime- That opportunity has sailed. If .gov and Federal Reserve would have stayed out of the way and allowed the market to find a natural bottom (were not there yet) housing would have been on the mend by now. Yes it looks a little better in SW FL (people retiring and near retirement can't wait forever for bottom) but nation wide things are ugly. People also need a job and stable working future to buy a home.

Klaus- Ft Jefferson the new capital? The Rum party sounds like a winner. Can't be any worse than the two we have now. Where do I join?

Seawaller writes:

So we may now call the individual mandate a tax. Social Security is a tax, Medicare a tax, Medicaid a tax, Food Stamps a tax. Just remember those that dream up these taxes and enact them into law specifically exempt themselves from paying them. So on page 113 of the "Obamacare" TAX, the President, Congress, and indeed the Supreme Court are all exempted from paying it. Indeed in the case of Social Security they collected enough tax that it should never be in dire straits - they just robbed it to pay for other government programs. They'll do the same with the Obamacare tax.

Consider this: In a perfect Obama/Pelosi/Reid world everyone who worked would send all their money to the government, which in turn would take its cut and redistribute the balance to everyone (regardless of whether or not they worked) as government would see fit. I fail to see the incentive to work very hard under this scenario. I also fail to see the point in me working to provide health insurance to my 45 employees when all I have to do is pay the fine/tax/whatever and the government will take care of it.

In short, everything this regime is doing just incents me to go on the dole (depression term).

To cite a more pointed example: The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever. They have distributed internal memos encouraging local offices to have parties to get more people signed up.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

26yearsonmarco writes:

An extremely important movie is coming this summer - - It is called simply "2016".
The speaker here is Dinesh D'Souza, college president in New York and author of many New York Times best sellers. The movie is from Gerald R. Molen, producer of Academy Award winning Schindler's List, Jurrasic Park, Brave Heart.
It explains in plain language who Barack Obama really is, what he stands for, and the dangers of him being reelected for another four years.
Watch this short informative video preview of this movie which came out only yesterday and share it with others. The preview has already been seen by over 18,000 people. Within a very short time it will have been seen by millions! After you see the preview, listen to what Dinesh has to say about Obama. Please take the time to hear this and pass it on.

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to 26yearsonmarco:

More BS and fear brought to you buy CPAC.

"If you can't win with ideas use fear". Lee Atwater

26yearsonmarco writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

More BS and fear brought to you buy CPAC.

"If you can't win with ideas use fear". Lee Atwater

"More BS and fear brought to you buy CPAC."

Please comment on this story:

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Seawaller- Excellent lesson! It makes perfect sense. Common sense however, is a lost principle in America.

Klaus- I'm very excited about this new party! Ft Jefferson the capital, The Jolly roger the new flag and I am sure you will follow in your heroes footsteps and there will be a free bottle of rum for every American. The first thing I'm going to do when we take over is have every single elected official in DC walk the plank!

Who needs health insurance when you have rum? Rum cures everything!

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to 26yearsonmarco:

"More BS and fear brought to you buy CPAC."

Please comment on this story:

How can I respond to the story when it's not creditable?
Who is the owner the that rag that spews lies?

Is what they print the truth or what you want to beleave, I think it's the later!

BTW.. where did you go to school?

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

The Pirate Party! Slogan....Make them walk the plank in 2012!

Demand term limits, remove lobbyist, remove all government from the private sector, restore free market capitalism! and a free bottle of rum to all that join the Pirate Party!

Who wouldn't want this? With a government approval rating hovering between 10% and 17% I don't see how we can lose.

But.....Then there is that dead ideology called common sense. So I'm not so sure. The free rum might help?

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Here they come! The Republican party making excuses as to why they may not (don't want to) be able to remove Obamacare! Just as I said here June 29th. There will be more of them ending with the plans original out liner should he be elected.. http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/201...

How much more will it take for you people to understand that these people don't work for you? That "of the people for the people by the people" is dead. Like common sense?

I can hear it now. Romney said he would repeal it, he promised! I can't stop laughing at the stupidity of people that will say this. How about all of you people give me $1 for every broken promise to come from DC?

Have a Great 4th all! Please take a few minutes to read the following. http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/char...

26yearsonmarco writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

How can I respond to the story when it's not creditable?
Who is the owner the that rag that spews lies?

BTW.. where did you go to school?

To answer your first question, I guess it is what I want to believe, which is based on their slogan: "Informing and equiping Americans who Love Freedom."

Do you love Freedom???

To answer you second question, I am a graduate of the KlausStoertebecker Institution of Lower Learning, and Majored in How not to Become a Democrate, by working my Butt Off since the age of 14, and ignoring their tempting handouts.

How about you???

1Paradiselost writes:

What freedom have you lost in the past 10 years?

I too have worked since I was 14 to! You don't get to live on Marco unless you have worked hard or you have lived here for 26 years when prices were cheep!

I don't take my orders from people like this, your hero, he should be put in jail!

1Paradiselost writes:

Here is another person who should be put in jail!

26yearsonmarco writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

What freedom have you lost in the past 10 years?

To answer your second question first, I have always been self-employed, and made my first million long before the age of 40, and paid over a quarter million for our first Marco property in the late 70’s. THAT WAS NOT CHEAP.

As to your first question:

“What freedom have you lost in the past 10 years?”

I, along with every successful business person I know, will tell you the same thing about their loss of freedom:

Government intrusion, including the IRS, into a self-employed person’s life, who is trying to succeed on their own, and create jobs for others, are taking the advice of that famous philosopher who once said “When rape is inevitable, lay down and enjoy it on Marco Island”.

If you need a good example of what I mean, just look at the impact of Obamacare on a small business employing 50 or more people.