August8 writes:

Parity is what is fair and needed, procede with caution and if it's 2% it should be retroactive to 10/22/2012? Good luck rank and file!!!

marcofriend writes:

Hunter's plan must be working. They got rid of (lost?) another police officer, Stephen Mariani a couple of days ago. Doesn't that make 19 of the old guard in the last year?

in response to marcofriend:

Who's the old guard, name um?

ed34145 writes:

As usual, Hunter phones it in....nice to pay such a big salary to an absentee chief. But, that's what it was like under the sheriff...absentee protection on Marco.

RayPray writes:

in response to Genuine:

"What comes around goes around."

???

Checking past posts, it's clear that everything about Genuine -- over-paid, under-IQed Marco Keystone Kops official blogger -- is BOGUS....

MrBreeze writes:

I think working on Marco Island as a Police Officer is a gift more than a job. To cruise the beech and stand around at the events listening to music in the warm weather is a tough job right?

I think we need to go back to the Sheriff with a post on Marco Island. This will remove all costs to the City, pay the County and keep Law enforcement on the Island.

in response to MrBreeze:

Why don't you just apply if you think putting up with citizens such as you is all that easy?

JohninMarco writes:

in response to August8:

Who's the old guard, name um?

You know them. You sat in a meeting with a few the other day.

MIslander writes:

Not to mention the money the city of Marco Island would save from LAWSUITS if we were to revert back to the Collier County Sheriffs Office.

MrBreeze writes:

August8 from your posts you must be MIPD. I will bet you are retired from another jurisdiction and working on Marco Island for the double dip.

Lets face it it's a good gig. Drive the beech, give out a few tickets, listen to some music at night, get two checks a month coming in. Good gig right?

And let's not forget you have to put up with people like me. The ones who pay for people like you.

in response to MrBreeze:

Tell you what MrBreeze, you could not be more off target with your selfish and disrespectful thoughts.
If I were to return your personal contribution for the salaries you claim to fund it would total about $11 bucks a year, hows that? I reiterate, if you think you know so much about what the police do and have so many complaints, then apply damit, apply. Does not matter why or where these men and women come from or their work history if they do the thankless job.
Another thing, your also jealouse.
Support your police or go hide in your house.

RayNetherwood writes:

Actually, the whole thing is an abomination. Public service employees should be barred from "unionizing" period. In fact, unions in the US are literally dinosaurs. In the 1900's, especially early years, unions served many purposes for pay, benefits, safety, and pensions. But, the nanny state, locally, at state and Federal levels, now duplicates ... or has become the primary source for what unions once did. OSHA, Labor Departments, et cetera, provide workers and citizens with "protections."

Closer to home, pensions for the fire department and police departments, in fact all public pensions, should become "defined contribution" and move away from "defined benefit" -- we just can't afford bloated pensions with people retiring at 45 and living to 85. The city could do a generous match program on a 401K-like plan.

in response to RayNetherwood:

Perhaps, but for this particular argument that does not apply.

MrBreeze writes:

Klaus right on. August8 seems like we hit a little nerve in you. Why do you think your job is thankless on one hand and on the other we do not honor all who have come to Marco Island to make two checks.

Take in account real workers who worked all their lives in factorys, trades and high risk jobs. What is the worst thing that happens on Marco Island? A drunk at the bar? Car wreck? Are you so sore after your shift you can barley move? Do you need knee, Hip or hand joints as a result of your job? When you answer yes to these questions then maybee then people will respect you. I for one do not need to hide in my house however seeing you drive down the beech every afternoon instead of getting your butt out of the patrol car would maybee get you some respect to start. I can not just drive up and down the beech. Oh, I forgot, you are protecting me.

I am sure we could get protected by the Sheriff just as well. I am waiting for the new boat to arrive so all can patrol on that machine also. Next a helicopter so we will be protected by land,sea and air.

in response to MrBreeze:

Yes, you have hit a nerve and it runs streight to the area of people like you and your knucklehead friend that have zero idea of this job.For one thing, many of the locations mentioned are represented on MIPD and have felt all the pain you think you know about.Listen, work is work at any age and employment after retirement is common in both private and public sectors so what is your problem you old fart.
My nerve tells me you and your pal are cliff dweller's that have nothing to do but watch other's who likely have much less in terms $$$ than you and hate it just because they are working.If working on Marco was a simple as you charactorize,and it is not, then get off your butt and apply. However, not needing the doe and staying busy counting and squandering your $$$$ keeps you only busy until you find time to keep your field glasses focused on good public servants and their responsibilities.
Old men, you should be ashamed !!!!!Also, you have a lot of blasted "NERVE"

in response to GorchFock:

You and MrBreeze roll out to the street some afternoon and I will be happy to return the $11 bucks to both of you so you can place it with your other stash, Hee-Hee-Hee !!!!!

RayNetherwood writes:

A8 ... don't understand your response. Marco Island should become a right to work city. It should deny any union recognition for its employees. It should change all pensions from defined benefit to defined contribution. How does this not apply??

MrBreeze writes:

August8 talk about being off. The problem with you guys is we the "old farts" see you in action.
I am 48 years old, work sinced I was 9 with my dad and have been self-employed all my life. I never retired from one job moved to the sunshine used my influence of a badge with the other boys club to continue to get another check. I find most cops I know are divorced, paying child support and looking for free everthing cortesy of the all mighty badge they wear that we the citizen and taxpayer have to pay for and supposed to bow to.

Let me asked this question , what is 11 bucks time all the taxpayers in the city of Marco Island but you will state as a big shot you will give 11 bucks back.

You should be ashamed of yourself for the comments you make towards the citizens of Marco Island. "Old Farts" "Knuckleheads" "Cliffdwellers" and you want the "respect" of the citizen towards "good Public Servants".

People are not s-----. I see the waste of the MIPD I see three gathered at night at the same spot hanging out. I see the "beech" patrol where they ride around instead of even walking and patroling the beech.

August8 your problem is you think everyone owes you. I made my dollars the right way I worked for them. You make yours by taking the from the taxpayer and trying to guilt your way for more and for full support for the rest of your life.

Oh, I forgot we "Owe" it to you.

in response to RayNetherwood:

To late.

in response to MrBreeze:

Oh, I forgot we "Owe" it to you.

You guy's are few and far between thank goodness, I must have hit a nerve so "back to work" boy's.
Oh, 48 is over the hill in my book !

MrBreeze writes:

August8 If 48 may be "over the hill" in your world due to your type. Goverment workers retire at 50 and seek another goverment job
where you can lay until 62 when you then seek another goverment check. The good part is most check out by 65 due to to many free doughnuts and cheesburgers.

Guys like me at 48 the hill is still on the horizion. We can outwork your kind two to one, we are strong,fit, and know how to work not just talk about it like your kind. You may get a paper cut we tape up go get stitched up and go right back to work. You would never make in that world. So, look forward to 50 if your pension fund does not go broke by then or your ex-wife takes half and your second wife takes the rest while you support a fleet of kids.

Your book means nothing. We use that page by page to wipe our butts if we run out of paper.

Good luck,sport.

August8 writes:

Wow, not only did I hit a nerve but it must have been the huge one that runs from the brain to the mouth and then to the writing hand.
Well, to hear you describe it surely you must be an NFL running back or line backer, I know a tuff guy when I see one, oh no.
So, I will drive my tax payer car over and see one of my six girl friends and pick up a six pack and a box of donuts on the way.
Listen thanks for everything Mr Breeze, your $11 bucks has sure come in handy !!!
Say hi to all your over the hill pal's at work you silly man.

in response to August8:

Say hi to all your over the hill pal's at work you silly man.

Hey MrBreeze, you keep gunning for me on this computer might you be late for WORK?

Ian_Curtis writes:

Typos are one thing, we all have them occasionally, but it is hard to take you seriously when you keep spelling a simple word incorrectly. The word is beach, not beech.

in response to GorchFock:

Can't wait to retire and collect my big pension so I can spend more time with my six sweeties, man they are something else I mean to tell ya.Just the thought of doing this job until I am a ripe old age of 48 depresses the heck out of me. Humm, perhaps a little disability, we will see how it goes.
Thanks again for your $11 bucks guy's.

MrBreeze writes:

August8 I am not "gunning" for anyone. I am just stating facts. Trouble is you know its true.

MrBreeze writes:

Ian Curtis. I write and read about "Beechcraft" airplanes that is why I seem to write Beech instead of Beach. I did not know that we are being graded for spelling on this sight.

I guess I must step up my game in the spelling department so "I can be taken seriously" I see that stating facts are then turned down by the spelling of one word. That usually occurs when the facts are hard to dispute then the other side will look to find a small error to build on.

I think my fourth grade teacher told me that.

Ian_Curtis writes:

No you are not graded. It just puts you in the company of another blogger on here when you have misspelled words.

As far as what you have said here, I actually disagree with very little. I voted against the city police and would do it again.

in response to MrBreeze:

I think my fourth grade teacher told me that.

I understand MrBreeze, now and then I also go to quickly and make a mistake myself. Hey, your boy agrees with you so what's the diff??? Let's see, between the three of you, well I believe that's $33 bucks, so keep voting you silly lib's and keep the cash comming, me and my gals have a lot of things planned in the year and by the way, keep all this quiet please would not want any unexpected difficulty if you know what I mean.

MrBreeze writes:

August8 I think you truly need some kind of friend. I bet you spend many days alone telling yourself how important you are.

Now that nobody has sided with you on this topic I think you may be owing far more than the $33.00 bucks you think you owe. Maybe it is time to take on a second job one that will last beyond your retirement date as the great fund may just go away and your payments will not. Then your old "over the hill" wore out self will be in a bind. Perhaps a profession where you can use your charms and people skills as you have demonstrated here.

Ian Curtis thanks for the response about not voting for the MIPD. I think most people on Marco Island have good common sense about these matters.

PS, August I have to on the job early tomorrow. I have to put in more than 8hrs. I just paid my taxes along with the 11.00 dollar portion of your salary.
I would not want to let you down.

MrBreeze writes:

Klaus, I do not mind how you write. I can understand what you are saying and you have every right to state your opinion. Although I might not agree with everthing you post I find that you have some good facts about Marco Island Keep it up.

WizeOlMarco writes:

Sorted through the fog of energy, all interesting viewpoints. The money implications are not so simple. Shut down local police, replace with County, what happens to insurance rates (I do not know, but expectation, a rise)? Would private security have to be increased at individual properties (condo complexes)? Seems as though Marco Islanders will pay one way or another.

in response to MrBreeze:

I would not want to let you down.

Hey Breeze, have a great week at work patting yourself on the back after returning home after your 8.5 hr day, then get back to the field glasses and peer into a world you have no concept of. Your a very stingy Old man I don't care what you say and draw a crowd here on this web page. Marco voted a long time ago so like Obama, it's a done deal. Suggestion, reads some books and various publications and bring yourself up to speed on the fine work of law enforcement.
Now, don't work to hard and don't forget the lunch you packed.

MrBreeze writes:

WizeolMarco, I do not believe anyone wants to cut off Law Enforcement on the Island. What should happen is the County should handle all services Police, fire, EMS, building. The mistake was made when Marco Island Became a City. I was not here yet but I remember being here when Marco Island was patrolled by the Sheriff. If you were here then how was crime? Did the County meet the service level for the residents?

Like other Citys in the US legecy costs are huge and getting bigger by the day. The labor contracts are written so the worker has a lifetime after retirement so the taxpayer is stuck. Trouble is the taxpayer is living on less income and the rolling rock continues.

Your name WizeolMarco should be able to give us an insite on how thing were in the past.

Please give us a response, Thanks.

1Paradiselost writes:

Klaus....

Our friend is back!

Guess what name he's using now?

in response to MrBreeze:

Please give us a response, Thanks.

MrBreeze, are you not supposed to be at work? Don't tell me you are playing on the computer while being paid to perform by the private sector.
Seriously, you keep going back to yesterday but it's gone pal and will never return, believe me.Most Marco Citizen's, at least the ones that value their city, are pleased with the service and response the get so you my man are in the minority.Leave the poor folks that have filled the positions out of it and fight with your fellow citizens, these public employees kiss your fanny and do a great job so stop now before you loose what you have,
Now, eat your ham sandwitch and get back to work.
Sounds to me like you may be an usher at the movie theatre, shish !!!
Let me take care of my honies now.

in response to MrBreeze:

Man, and I thought you guy's were twins?

MrBreeze writes:

August8 Do you ever stop dreaming? From the time stamp on your posts it would seem that either you work midnights or you are blogging on the clock on the taxpayers dime. I would seriously be surprised if you are in law Enforcement at all. The more I think it does not add up so you must be a fraud due to the fact you have no clue about people or respect or the Law. Probally living in mom's house still wanting to fit in in your little dream world.

Like I said before keep dreaming Sport.

in response to 1Paradiselost:

Klaus....

Our friend is back!

Guess what name he's using now?

What name?

in response to MrBreeze:

Like I said before keep dreaming Sport.

No-No Mrbreeze you can't get away with that so don't even try. You and your lib pal are the one's that placed me where you wanted me, not I.I know you do not trust me but believe me when I tell you I know what I am talking about and the subject matter being discussed. I will not reveal anything else for you or your pal.
So, the problem is is you can't take what you put out, plain and simple. The way I see it I got ya and now you want a rule change, don't go like that you hard working man you.Are you realy an usher at the movie theatre? Shiish !!
Now, you just keep the $11 bucks comming quarterly or by the 1st of each month and me and my babes will be happy.
Oh, please get off the backs of our fine city employee's and I will let you get back to counting your money, how's that !!!

in response to GorchFock:

Hey, it's easy when dealing with power house brains like you and Mr Breeze, a 4 year old could do it.

in response to GorchFock:

MrBreeze must be working again.

MrBreeze writes:

August8 Actually, I have been working long days. I need to keep up on the 11.00 dollars so you can be paid for your stellar services. I still think you are a total fraud.

Hey lets talk about politics. Is this article not about Union's ? Thats what leads me to think you are a fraud, due to the fact most Union Law Enforcement workers tend to be Democratic. Most Union workers tend to be Democratic. So that would make you? I work for myself Self-employed you see something you would know nothing about.

As far as you being a fine employee is that the Legend in you own mind syndrome? They have meds for that.

Also get off the backs of City Employees maybee when the Taxpayers of Marco Island are treated fairly.

You better get off the computer before Mom catches you.

in response to MrBreeze:

You better get off the computer before Mom catches you.

You know MrBreeze, even though your pal said I was a great comedian I think you may be much better.You think I am a fraud, well why or what makes you think that other than you can't take what you dish out?
Your suggestion that most or even many unionized police officer's or for that matter firefighter's are Democrats is more than incorrect, yes it's humorous as well.True, many large public employee unions are owned and run by left leaning Democrat's but I can assure you that that is not the case in the one's I mentioned.You may find this difficult to believe, but I have nothing but distain for those union's as I do for Democrat's in general.Police have collective bargaining rights and representation mostly from a benevolent association, only technically a union?
I know what your doing so don't slap yourself on the back.This is all about identifying who I am not about the treatment of City Employee's by guy's like you and your pal.
For you, back to work and sweat at the theatre,shish !!!
I thought you were brighter than your pal, see, I am not perfect.

in response to MrBreeze:

You better get off the computer before Mom catches you.

Work - Work - Work, shish !!

RayNetherwood writes:

Wow .... this chain of droning is going to get back on point?? Let's try again:

in response to RayNetherwood:

Wow .... this chain of droning is going to get back on point?? Let's try again:

Who politically do you think is responsible Mr Biker , I mean political Party, for public employee unions???
Much of what you say there may be some agreement on but I must tell you the facts presented by you are exagerated greatly,so?

MrBreeze writes:

Marcobiker Right on. Our dear friend August8 wants to bully you into believing he is entitled to more than his fair share due to his "high risk" job and his steller services.

Now notice how he states he has "nothing but distain" for Unions and Democrats although history tells us that most union workers are democrats. He goes on to tell us that "Police have collective bargaining rights and representation mostly from a benovelent association" but wait its not a union. It is only "technically" but not a Union?

This is where the three card Monte comes into play. We are not a union just an association that walks, talks, acts like a union. Want the rights of a union. Want to work less like a union. Want more pay and compare themselves with other unions but we are not a union.

Marcobiker is correct. You are dinosaurs and the sooner you become extinct the better off the taxpayer will be.

August, you are not getting to much support on this your 11.00 tab is growing.

Hope I see the day these citys file bankruptcy, break all your associations contracts and make you work for a living.

Enjoy the movie while it lasts.

MrBreeze writes:

Benovelent (of an organization) Serving a Charitable rather than a profit-making purpose.

Disdain: The feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

So August8 is working for a charity not for profit and the charity is not worthy of his consideration or respect.

Google is so cool.

August8 writes:

MrBreeze, your working to hard pal. Read my comments and apply an intellectual and cogent response, am I a fraud or a blood sucking public employee, which is it?
I need a little more time with a couple of my honies today,don't want them angry, and bust a six pack before they make their way to that beautiful Obama Funded Jolly Bridge. Oh, $11 bucks came in handy again ole boy.
How's life at the theatre, Shish !!!!!
Love them Democrat's, yes sir they give me what I need.