WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Two words: Stockton, California. Watch the BK there and watch who gets the short end of the stick. Government pensions are going to be going the way of the Doo_Doo Bird.

August8: If you are no where near retiring I strongly suggest you don't count on that pension. Our current Government is currently willing to screw our military boys (no more tuition assistance, etc) imagine how they will screw state, city, and county employees.

And NO, I don't believe there is any need for MIPD. Or a dedicated fire dept. Full time EMS? Yep. Look at all the old people here. A volunteer fire dept would be just fine.

August8 writes:

in response to WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot:

Well at least you state your views and don't call names, that' refreshing.
You know, that may very well be the future but there is a lot between that happening and now. Using anything in California is not a good example, after all the state just voted themselves a tax increase for this purpose?Believe it or not I am fine with some type of change as long as it is fair and reasonable but,but, that will be for new hires if and when it should happen. By the way, in Florida our systems are funded and flush not like that in all the blue states !!!
As for all the old folks on Marco, they need to be looked after as well and the services are designed to do that.
Look at MRBreeze, tell me he don't need all the help he can get, him and his pal?
As far as the military boy's, that's the Feds and Obama, apples and oranges fella.

MrBreeze writes:

Notice how August8 is fine with some type of change as long as it applies to the "new hires". Do not touch good old boy August pension, it is flush with cash from who? Answer the taxpayer 11.00 bucks a crack according to August.

Now he speaks like a Union worker. Keep up the dues he tells the young guys so us old guys can get one or more checks and you will never see them but I am fine with that. True words finally have come out of Honest8 I mean August8.

Can you believe this guy? And he is going to protect us said the chicken to wolf, the fly to the spider.

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

MRBreeze, perhaps it's time I give up on you as an individual to banter with on this topic or any other. You really are to the point that your comments are not making sense.
You don't seem to be at all concerned with the right thing but are bitter against those promised contracts that many folks accepted the occupation for as it surely was not the rate of pay.
You know, I was jumping around with a few of my honies last evening, if your can remember such things, and after I spoke with them about our conversationand their immediate reaction was how many arrests, citations or D.U.I.'s has this person had.Of course I responded that I was unaware but I am familiar with those that live here that prefer rules don't apply to them.I say this because you and your pal are overflowing with anger and are in fear that someone will take their cash.
Sorry about the $11 bucks but consider your fee for that feeling of safty and security.
It's the weekend now, a little time off from the theatre-Shish, so grab your field glasses and see what kind of trouble and anxiaty you can gin up.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

MRBreeze ---Your fired.

MrBreeze writes:

August8 Anger? Who has the anger? Old guys,Geezers, knuckleheads, field glasses? I am all about the facts and you pal can and will not accept the facts. I have meet many like you. An old tactic in arguements. If you can't win on merits, bully or belittle the opposite side therefore you feel empowered that you have come out on top not realizing how foolish you have looked through the whole process.

I have not been anything but rational on this topic and will remain so. I think you can realize that by all of your trys to berate me.

I do like the fact that no other opinions have been in your favor in such great support you seem to think the citizens of Marco Island feel towards MIPD. I think you may have missed on that one.

My comments always make good sense. Maybee you should try to absorb a few.

Hope your ego is not to bruised.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

My comments always make good sense. Maybee you should try to absorb a few.

Hope your ego is not to bruised.

Not at all dad, oh do you mind me calling you that, sorry.
Listen, humor is a large part of my posts and you and many of your unhappy pal's ran out of that when you relocated to this island.You may have the popularity among poster's but the record reflects you are way behind in actual numbers,so dream on.There is no logic to most of your posts and talk about sarcasm and name calling that's a record you could be setting.Try discussing these matters with the little lady prior to posting and perhaps she can provide some facts and gentleness to your conversations. She has my respect, believe me !!
MrBreeze, shiish, your fired !!!

MrBreeze writes:

August8 Dad? do you think everyone is old and s----- on this island? I think if you truly are in Law Enforcement that would be a crime.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Your fired MrBreeze, I mean "Dad". Shiish !!!

MrBreeze writes:

August8 All alone again wasting time on mom's computer. All the time you promising her you are looking for work on line.

Tell me hero, why would a guy of your stature be wasting time on a Sunday morning blogging while sitting in the most beautiful area in the country?

Is your boat in the shop? Harley down for parts? Vette in for paint? All yor girlfriends left?

Remember, DAD knows well.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Remember, DAD knows well.

Your fired Dad !!!!

MrBreeze writes:

August8 First to be fired from whatever majical position you have dreamed up for me first one must be hired.

Did ya have a nice day alone on the net SON?
Remember, Dad has you all figured out.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Did ya have a nice day alone on the net SON?
Remember, Dad has you all figured out.

Sure Dad, Sure !!!! Can I borrow the keys?