August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Augustfool You must have flunked the first grade at Elementary School. Lie and fib are the same but maybee not in you world where it is not.

I am proud of my "old Deltona Job" of a home. It speaks loud of the history of Marco Island and the accomplishments of the Mackle Bros. who I find to be the symbol of Marco Island.

Me and my embarrising "old Deltona job" will be around for a long, long time as it is my symbol of being able to purchase and enjoy it.

August, I still believe you do not even live on the island. That may be your "fib"

Go get a slurpee.

You would be incorrect again MRBreeze, 'maybe'? The use of the term 'lie' is harsh and offensive and I avoid that if at possible. Fib, is like you say to your child if they are untruthful, amuch preferred term,yes?
Deltona jobs are what you say but we are in the 21st century, so they are now referred to on the island as knock downs, no?
From where I am I can see the entire island, what a view,just breath taking.I can even see my favorite little watering hole, Snook Inn, think I will motor over and have a cool one on you MRBreeze, thanks for the $11 bucks my friend.This security stuff sure makes a guy work up a thirst.
Hey, see you over in the Deltona zone.

Shish, in the mean time.

MarcoDefender writes:

in response to Northerner:

Wow MarcoOffender, name calling...a sure sign of defeat and desperation. I didn't think it was possible but you've sunk to a new low. Is name calling and arrogance the "favored behavior" we should all follow or is killing endangered animals to satify ones selfish needs the "favored behavior." It is quite disturbing that you think killing animals and their habitat for a trailer park is a balance with nature...scary, really! If you want a big concrete city, move to Manhattan and take your self centered twin Jane with you! Do yourself a favor and humble yourself. Volunteer your time at a nursing home, childrens cancer unit, homeless shelter or even the humane society. Do something to bring yourself down off your high horse.

North - Descriptive words are adjectives, they aid in framing and sharing the facts, nothing more. You're reading too far into it. Balance is not about killing anything, just ensuring some equality. Eagles are not endangered, by the way. None would have been hurt or killed with some high school buildings, that's for sure. In fact, the conservation probably would have gotten a nice boost, instead of the deserved scorn for those crooked conservationists, who selfishly didn't want a school on school district property. What a shock.

My humility is in check, thank you very much, I just want to see some common sense and equitable behavior in my home neighborhood, and home city, I think you would agree that is a reasonable expectation. We are a city, with residents and visitors of all ages, and if the leadership here isn't cautious, including MICA, then we all will eventually suffer. Seeking a court injunction to destroy the mini-golf to "restore the location to it's original condition" (an empty grass lot) benefits absolutely no one. Doesn't appear MICA cares about that. What a shame.

Northerner writes:

I like those old Deltona homes. They are great part of Marco's history. August, didn't you ever look at old photos of places like where you grew up for example and wish that it was still that way? What is the point of tearing them all down...what! MrBreeze, thanks. I would be proud to be your neighbor too. And thanks for preserving history. You keep that "old deltona job" going...

August8 writes:

in response to Northerner:

Listen Northerner, I am a Southerner and yes I love and respect the same history you mention by all means.But here is a guy, MrBreeze, that has his 1st penny always out to strip everyone else, he is a cheap turd and my objective is only to expose the fib'ing fool for what he is.Don't tell anyone, but I love Deltona relic's as much as anyone, just not his.
Oh, there is not alot about Northerner's that I like either, example Anthony Weiner your next Mayor?

Northerner writes:

MarcoOffender, Did you conveniently forget to mention the gopher tortoises you and Jane slaughtered to make way for your trailer park? Is that what you mean by "ensuring equality?"

...and is this what you meant by "descriptive words that are adjectives that aid in framing and sharing the facts" when you wrote, "Those nuts they call eagle conservationists were selfish and crooked." Such abusive and belittling words from someone who claims to have their humility in check.

WMissow writes:

MarcoD,

Some of us live in a world in which the end does not justify the means. Too bad that is not your way of thinking.

Salisbh writes:

in response to WizeOlMarco:

Why is this a joke? MICA defends the deed covenants, from my perspective as a property owner, good. City zoning and land use plans should be consistent with the deed covenants, if not, why? Investors took a risk and lost, that's capitalism. From a mini golf customer.

The golf course looks excellent and is a great addition for things to do on Marco Island. If you want to see how screwed up City Zoning is, take a look at how City Zoning has allowed building to go on in the Key Marco area and how City Zoning has allowed the area to be destroyed and then City Zoning has allowed the Charter School to be built in that area which is further destroying the area.

MrBreeze writes:

Augustfool I am sure your view is great when you are on watch rounds at one of the high rises. You still did not disclose what property "you" own on Marco Island. Who may be the "fib'ing fool" as you call me.

If not wanting to pay mooches makes me a "cheap turd" as you put and 'I have my first penny and always out to strip everyone else" I am great with that.

Next, "Deltona jobs are referred to in the 21st century as knock downs" True if you are ignorant with a small ego (and other parts) you may need a very large home to impress in your case.

Next,"Listen Northerner I am southerner" "don't tell anyone but I love Deltona Relic's as much as anyone, just not his"
Now, I see the clear picture of August standing next to his tar paper shack or trailer in the south. Coming to Marco Island was like Jed Clampet loadin up the truck and moving to Marco for a Cement pond.

Like Northerner said "keep that old Deltona job going" do not worry I will. It will be the last one standing in the "Deltona Zone" as my dear friend August puts it.

PS. Remember he does not lie just "fibs" a true country boy.

Time for a slurpee August, Mountain Dew flavor. A country boys favorite.

marco97 writes:

Northerner anyone who lives on Marco is guilty of killing gopher tortoises, the Mackle brothers bulldozed the whole Island killing more then just the gopher tortoises. I have been here for over 20 years and I can point out many houses where tortoises once lived and were most likely buried so the house could be built.
Had the Collier county school board let the charter high school use tract K as it was intended by the Mackle brothers you would not have your tortoise complaint.
The eagle sanctuary is BS and only serves to keeps tract K from the charter school.

WMissow writes:

in response to marco97:

Marco97,

That is the same as saying anyone who lives in the Western U.S. is guilty of killing Native Americans or who lives in Germany is guilty of genocide.

Some of us learned from history and changed our ways and it is quite obvious in your justification some of us just keep on justify their actions by what happened in the past just so they can get away with their selfish needs.

Northerner writes:

in response to marco97:

WMissow, I couldn't have said it better! I am in comPlete and utter shock that Marco97 thinks it's ok to kill something because it was done in the past.

Marco97, your mindset is beyond disturbing. Please do society and yourself a favor and get educated. You need to understand why perpetuating atrocities of the past is detrimental to everything and everyone on this earth! I'm really not surprised you're one MarcoDefender's groupies...ya know, the one that calls people "CROOKED" and "NUTS."

marco97 writes:

Northerner, no where in my post do I say it is OK to kill gofer tortoises and I do not think it is, I am just pointing out that you are complaining about the gofer tortoises at the high school site when the home or condo you live in likely did the same thing when it was built, seems like a double standard to me.
@ WMissow "selfish needs" it is a high school that serves all of Collier County, sounds like you are the selfish one. And what Germany did in the past has nothing to do with Marco Island and gofer tortoises, please.

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

PS. Remember he does not lie just "fibs" a true country boy.

Time for a slurpee August, Mountain Dew flavor. A country boys favorite.

MrBreeze, watch your blood pressure so 'when' you retire you can enjoy old Marco.

Shish

LadueVGilleo writes:

Looks like MICA still has some teeth!

MarcoDefender writes:

in response to Northerner:

North - Let's not get off track. I know you're pro-MICA. So, the question is...do you think it's appropriate & beneficial to Marco Island, to have the mini-golf business close, and restore the lot to it's original condition (an empty grass field) ? Yes, or No? Please feel free to share your feelings on your choice.

MarcoDefender writes:

in response to WMissow:

MarcoD,

Miss - Appears a little hypocritical. Do you not eat in restaurants on this island? Shop for your groceries at Publix? Go to the movies, or visit friends in your neighborhood? How can prudent development be wrong, when you are a consumer of it, every single day you live on Marco? Those in glass houses...

My whole point of my original comment was... the costs of MICA (how they limit others) are greater than the benefits of all the good things. How about you, same question I asked North. Do you think the mini-golf place should close and have to restore that lot to it's original condition? What's the value in that?

Please, you consume, therefore you are, so tell us what's right in this situation? How can I join your "better world of righteousness"?

WizeOlMarco writes:

"Do you think the mini-golf place should close and have to restore that lot to it's original condition? What's the value in that?"

Upholding rule of law.

Gordy70 writes:

This is s-----. The judge is s-----. MICA is s-----. Yes they should have got approval. So fine him and lets move on. The younger generations on Marco who's money is just as green and the family's who visit Marco with kids and teens welcome this addition to Marco. Mr Kramer does enough for this community. We are just hurting prosperity here not property values. Marco island is a City with say so here

WMissow writes:

MarcoD,

You just do not see it the legal way. How about trying this one out. "Gee officer, everyone else was speeding, why are you giving me the ticket?" Is that how you look at things?

They ignored and broke the law. It is too bad that they thought that they were above the law.
They took their chances and lost.

MrBreeze writes:

August,Reporting in. Blood pressure good. All good in the Deltona Zone. Still waiting for that answer from you. No guts no truth? I forgot, Country Boy Fibber. Mountain Dew Slurpee, Skoal and a gun rack. Yee haaa...

August8 writes:

in response to MrBreeze:

Hey cute MRBreeze, never thought you had it in ya?Not sure what answers your waiting on but I will be glad to do that when I know.
Sure wish I was 49 so I could get those senior discounts and all, life is tight on 11$ bucks from you over taxed tax payer's. My gals are not cheap to keep up with you know.
Stay in touch with yourself you hard working guy and keep the cash flow moving.

Shish

marcosandflea writes:

So let's see if we get this correct: the syndicate spearheaded by MICA sues because some idiot puts up a golf course when MICA has an illegal beach access restriction? Perhaps MICA should sue itself or if we are too lucky wait for them to get sued outside of Collier. Good ol' Judge Hayes - another syndicate operative - who can forget the rulings against anything not syndicate. The infestation continues.

2themoon writes:

in response to marcosandflea:

This post is an ABSOLUTE BULLSEYE!

MrBreeze writes:

August "fibber" Here is the question: "State the type of property which YOU OWN on Marco Island"

It is just that simple.

MarcoDefender writes:

in response to WMissow:

MarcoD,

They took their chances and lost.

Miss - Let me slow this down for those who need it....it's one or the other.

I repeat, the question is...do you think it's appropriate & beneficial to Marco Island, to have the mini-golf business close, and restore the lot to it's original condition (an empty grass field) ? Yes, or No? Please feel free to share your feelings on your choice.

OK, I agree with your comment, it appears they didn't follow the "approved MICA process". OK then, I would think it would be more effective to pay a fine and let's get back to business of public enjoyment and tourism. I don't think a complete tear down is the ideal result. Do you...do you really think that's best for our Island. Be objective, let your grudges take a back seat for a minute.

Northerner writes:

MarcoDefender (AKA Name-Caller),
Here's my answer. "the question is...do you think it's appropriate & beneficial to Marco Island, to have the mini-golf business close, and restore the lot to it's original condition (an empty grass field)" my answer is YES, YES, YES...let me slow it down for you, condescending one. YEEESSS, YEEESSS, YEEESSS!!!

WMissow writes:

in response to MarcoDefender:

Miss - Let me slow this down for those who need it....it's one or the other.

MarcoDefender,

What you or I feel is not at issue. What is at issue is whether the Kramers followed the rules of the game, which at the moment are the law.

The Kramers are bent on testing the system and nothing we say is going to change that or matter, whether we like it or not.

Would I rather see something attractive than an empty lot, I would be lying if I said I didn't, but we are not the ones who will make that decision.

What is best for the island is a totally different matter. That's why we can change our laws in a legal sense therefore changing the rules BEFORE we break them.

We just can't go around changing the rules of the game at will because everyone would be doing it all the time to satisfy their own needs and it turn will undoubtedly make some people happy.

I do not think the majority of us would want that.

There are no grudges here, just opinions and facts. And yes, I do know the Kramers and they in, again, my opinion, are nice people.