Web Search powered by Yahoo! SEARCH
How about:1. Protect the homeowner from abusive property insurance gouging practices. In fact, there is no need to have for-profit homeowners insurance at all. Set up a non-for-profit board to manage the system. We need insurance rate relief!
2. Restrict the use of fertilizers which are overused and killing our waterways. We came here to live with nature not to destroy it. We need more education and instruction regarding efficient watering systems and organic methods of feeding our landscapes as well as introducing local ordinances increasing the maximum percentage used for lawns.
3. Class Size is critical to maximizing children's abilities to learn. We need year round schools. If teachers worked year round they would earn more and the children would lose less ground during the summer off months. Parents are working year round anyway.
4. Pay more for quality teachers with advanced degrees so they are competitive with industry salaries. Cut wasteful administration and invest in science and technology programs within the schools. We have to stimulate our kids and develop the skills we need to lead our country in the world.
5. School vouchers are a dumb idea besides having been declared unconstitutional in the State of Florida. If you really want to help children succeed in schools, give businesses tax breaks to sponsor tutors and equip science labs and promote high quality after school programs based on stimulating creativity and problem solving. Every child taken out of a public school with a voucher deprives the public school of funding.
6. We have legislation regarding illegal workers, enforce the laws we have by cracking down on the business owners who are breaking the law.
Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.
Username * Don't have an account? Sign up for a new account
Password * Can't remember? Reset your password
Comments can be shared on
Add both options by connecting your profiles.
Feels Like: 71°
Feels Like: 76°
Feels Like: 70°
View popular webcams in our area.
Sign up to read an electronic replica of the Marco Eagle newspaper.
Get your local news anywhere you go from the Marco Eagle. Download app »
See photos from local anglers with their biggest catch of the day. Submit your photos.
Our radar shows current conditions and possible severe weather.