Web Search powered by Yahoo! SEARCH
1. Most people on Marco are ancient and or snowbirds. While they are wealthy, they have no kids or grand-kids in the area.
2. Most of minority that do have kids are pickup truck types, not poor but without the wealth of the oldsters to fund such a lavish school.
3. Those with kids want this school, not because their kids are particularly intellectual or academic -- most I talk to have no interest beyond partying & local sports -- but to isolate these kids from East Naples riff-raff.
4. For those pushing this school to link up with the YMCA is a win situation, since it will give this committee access to the rich fund raising resources of all the wealthy but otherwise uninterested Y members.
5. Y members will soon find themselves targets for years of ever more extravagant fund-raising demands.
Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.
Username * Don't have an account? Sign up for a new account
Password * Can't remember? Reset your password
Comments can be shared on
Add both options by connecting your profiles.
Feels Like: 77°
Feels Like: 75°
Feels Like: 76°
View popular webcams in our area.
Sign up to read an electronic replica of the Marco Eagle newspaper.
Get your local news anywhere you go from the Marco Eagle. Download app »
See photos from local anglers with their biggest catch of the day. Submit your photos.
Our radar shows current conditions and possible severe weather.