Web Search powered by Yahoo! SEARCH
Obama's Top Ten Lies 1. "He did call it an act of terror." Obama's reference to "acts of terror" in his Sep. 12 statement was in an abstract sense, and came long after he had described the 9/11 attacks as demonstrations against an anti-Islam video. For 2 weeks the Obama Administration publicly blamed the attack on a video over 47 times.
2. "He wanted to take them into bankruptcy without providing them any way to stay open." Obama did take the auto companies through a managed bankruptcy exactly as Romney had proposed. Romney said: "In a managed bankruptcy, the federal government would propel newly competitive and viable automakers, rather than seal their fate with a bailout check."
3. "In what new ways do you intend to rectify the inequalities in the workplace, specifically regarding females making only 72 percent of what their male counterparts earn?" Diana Furchtgott-Roth pointed out: "Women make about 95 percent of what their male counterparts earn, if the male counterparts are in the same job with the same experience.". The exception is in the White House where the average female employee for the White House earns about 18 percent less than the average male employee.
4. "And the production is up....What you’re saying is just not true." Obama contested a claim that production of oil is down on federal lands. Romney was exactly right.
5. "You can ship jobs overseas and get tax breaks for it." We have heard the same lie for 8 years. In 2004, he ran for U.S. Senate on a promise to end such tax breaks and again when he ran for President. And yet he has never done anything about it--because there are no such tax breaks.
6. "They rely on it for mammograms." Obama claimed Planned Parenthood provides mammograms to women to help prevent breast cancer. It's just untrue--and even left-leaning mainstream media fact-checkers have acknowledged that.
7. "I want to make sure our timekeepers are working here." Obama complained that he was not receiving as much time to speak. And for the third debate in a row, the Obama/Biden ticket actually spoke for much longer.
8. "He called the Arizona law a model for the nation." As Romney pointed out, he was referring specifically to the e-Verify part of the law.
9. "...[H]e was asked, is it fair for somebody like you, making $20 million a year, to pay a lower tax rate than a nurse or a bus driver....And he said, yes, I think that’s fair." Romney was not saying it was fair that higher income should be taxed at a lower rate. He was referring specifically to the principle that capital gains should be taxed lower than other income because it has been taxed once already--a principle that Obama agrees with in his own tax policy.
10. "I told you I would cut taxes for middle-class families, and I did." Even the liberal Huffington Post acknowledges that's not true. The few tax cuts that Obama did enact--such as the temporary payroll tax holiday--were short-term, or conditional.
Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.
Username * Don't have an account? Sign up for a new account
Password * Can't remember? Reset your password
Comments can be shared on
Add both options by connecting your profiles.
Feels Like: 75°
Feels Like: 68°
Feels Like: 77°
View popular webcams in our area.
Sign up to read an electronic replica of the Marco Eagle newspaper.
Get your local news anywhere you go from the Marco Eagle. Download app »
See photos from local anglers with their biggest catch of the day. Submit your photos.
Our radar shows current conditions and possible severe weather.