Web Search powered by Yahoo! SEARCH
(Just a couple of) the Obama administration's accomplishments:
1) The first bill President Obama signed was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, to help women fight back when they don't get equal pay for equal work.
2) His Recovery Act supported millions of jobs and helped to stave off a second Great Depression.
3) He pushed for and won middle class tax cuts that benefited every American worker, and saved the typical family $3,600 in taxes over the last four years.
4) President Obama rescued the auto industry, and now GM and Chrysler are healthier than they've ever been. The American auto industry has added nearly a quarter of a million jobs since June 2009—and they most likely wouldn't exist right now without President Obama's leadership.
5) He doubled funding for Pell Grants, helping to make college more affordable for nearly 10 million families.
6) His student loan reform ended billions in subsidies to banks serving as middlemen, reinvested those savings directly in students.
7) The President established the American Opportunity Tax Credit, worth up to $10,000 over four years of college.
8) His Race to the Top Initiative helped spur nearly every state to raise academic standards.
9) His tax cuts, social-welfare programs, and economic policies lifted nearly 7 million Americans above the federal poverty line in 2010.
10) President Obama has signed 18 tax cuts for small businesses since taking office.
11) We've seen 5.2 million new private sector jobs over the last 31 months.
12) The unemployment rate is at the lowest level since President Obama took office.
13) Health care reform—passed after decades of failed attempts by every previous president—provides affordable health coverage to every American and will lower premiums by an average of $2,000 per family by 2019.
14) Obamacare expanded access to lifesaving preventive care such as cancer screenings and immunizations with no out-of-pocket costs for 54 million Americans.
15) Obamacare ends insurance discrimination against the 129 million Americans with pre-existing conditions.
16) Because of Obamacare, over 3 million more young adults have health insurance today than would if the new law hadn't passed.
17) The parents of over 17 million children with pre-existing conditions no longer have to worry that their children will be denied coverage.
18) President Obama has ordered the overhaul of federal government regulations to make them smarter, practical, and more efficient. Just a fraction of these common-sense initiatives will help save businesses $10 billion in the next five years alone.
19) His historic investments in clean energy have helped more than double the amount of electricity we obtain from wind and solar sources and helped increase biofuel production to its highest level in history.
(see next post)
Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.
Username * Don't have an account? Sign up for a new account
Password * Can't remember? Reset your password
Comments can be shared on
Add both options by connecting your profiles.
Feels Like: 74°
Feels Like: 75°
Feels Like: 72°
View popular webcams in our area.
Sign up to read an electronic replica of the Marco Eagle newspaper.
Get your local news anywhere you go from the Marco Eagle. Download app »
See photos from local anglers with their biggest catch of the day. Submit your photos.
Our radar shows current conditions and possible severe weather.