Several Collier County schools will host open houses beginning today.
• Avalon Elementary School, 3300 Thomasson Drive, “Meet the Teachers” Orientation from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday. Students and their families will be able to meet their teacher and visit their classroom. For more information call the school at 377-6200.
• Barron Collier High School, 5600 Cougar Drive, the new student orientation begins at 7 Thursday night in the main gym. All students and parents new to Barron Collier are invited.
The evening begins with an introduction and brief comments from the administrative staff followed by distribution of student schedules, home room assignments and school maps. Students and parents may tour the building and locate their respective classrooms and lockers. Call the school at 377-1200 if you need more information.
• Big Cypress Elementary School, 3250 Golden Gate Boulevard W., “Meet and Greet Your Teacher” is from 8 to 10 a.m. Friday. The school’s number is 377-6300.
• Corkscrew Elementary School, 1065 County Road 858, “Meet and Greet” is 1 to 3 p.m. Friday and is open to all students and parents. Call the school at 377-6500 for more information.
• Corkscrew Middle School, 1165 County Road 858, “Meet and Greet” from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. All students and parents are welcome and should report to the cafeteria to pick up their schedules and then locate their classrooms. Teachers will be available to say hello and to hand out a supply list. The school’s number is 377-3400.
• Cypress Palm Middle School, 4255 18th Ave. NE, New Student Orientation for sixth-graders from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday in the Siberian Café (school cafeteria). Students and parents will be able to tour the school, meet the teachers, and get an overview of how the school will function. The school’s number is 377-5200.
• Golden Gate High School, 2925 Titan Way, the New Student Orientation begins at 7 p.m. Friday in the auditorium. Parents are encouraged to attend. Activities include an overview of the dress code, tours of the building, introduction of staff, and discussion of general procedures for the first day such as where students can find their schedule. Call the school, 377-1600, for more information.
• Golden Gate Middle School, 2701 48th Terrace SW, a grand opening is open to the public from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday. The school number is 377-3800.
• Golden Terrace Elementary School, 2711 44th Terrace SW, “Meet the Teacher” is from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday. All parents and children are welcome. The school number is 377-7000.
• Golden Terrace Intermediate School, 2965 44th Terrace SW, “Meet the Teacher” is 1 to 3 p.m. Friday. All parents and children are welcome and the school number is 377-6800.
• Gulf Coast High School, 7878 Shark Way, New Student Orientation begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium. Students and their parents who are new to Gulf Coast (ninth grade or moving into the school district) are welcome. Items being discussed include: attendance/discipline procedures, general daily schedule format, campus overview, schedule distribution, and information about sports and clubs. Maps of the campus and a general information hand-out will be given to parents. Parents and students may walk around the courtyard following the program. Call the school at 377-1400 for more information.
• Gulfview Middle School, 255 Sixth Street S., Annual Welcome Back Open House from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday in the multi-purpose room. Students can find their classrooms, meet their teachers, and buy hallway locks and physical education uniforms and locks. The school number is 377-4000.
• Highlands Elementary School, 1101 Lake Trafford Road, kindergarten “Meet and Greet” is from noon to 2 p.m. Friday. Parents and students are invited to meet with their teacher in the classroom. Call the school at 377-7300 for more information.
• Lely Elementary School, 8125 Lely Cultural Parkway, “Meet the Teachers” is from 7:45 to 9 a.m. Friday. Teachers will be on-hand to visit with parents and their children who are entering pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. The school number is 377-7500.
• Lely High School, 1 Lely High School Boulevard, New Student Orientation begins at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium. Orientation is for incoming freshmen and other students new to Lely High. Items to be discussed include: code of conduct, attendance, first-day procedures, general daily procedures, and expectations. Tours of the school will also be available. Call 377-2000 for more information.
• Lorenzo Walker Technical High School, 3710 Estey Ave., New Student Orientation begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in the cafeteria. Items to be discussed include: updated information, teacher introductions, and schedule distribution. There will be an open tour and a question and answer period. Returning students are also welcome to attend. Call the school at 377-3300 for more information.
• North Naples Middle School, 16165 Learning Lane, “Kids Adjusting To School” is from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday in the cafeteria. KATS is a sixth-grade student and parent transitional orientation. Call 377-4600 for more information.
• Parkside Elementary School, 5322 Texas Ave., a picnic for students and families from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Meet the teachers and tour the building. Information will be available for free/reduced lunch, before and after school programming, and stranger danger (information pertinent to walking to school). Refreshments will be offered. The school number is 377-8900.
• Sea Gate Elementary School, 650 Seagate Drive, “Meet and Greet” is from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday. Open to all students to meet their teacher, bring in their supplies, and tour the school on their own. The school number is 377-8300.
• Shadowlawn Elementary School, 2161 Shadowlawn Drive, parents can meet their children’s teachers in the assigned classrooms from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday. This is open to all students entering kindergarten through fifth grade. Teachers will discuss their class rules, procedures, curriculum standards and grade-level expectations. Pre-kindergarten students will have an orientation from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Monday as specified in a letter to parents. The school number is 377-8400.
• Tommie Barfield Elementary School, 101 Kirkwood Street, “Open House” from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday all students. This is an opportunity to meet the teacher, see the classroom, and buy school supplies. Call the school at 377-8500 for more information.
If your child’s school is not listed, or if you’d like to learn more, contact the school directly. Some open houses were already held this week.