Tim Crandall, beloved musician, dies

A look back at his life in Thursday’s Eagle

Timothy Walter Crandall, a well-known, well-loved Marco Island entertainer, died Sept. 6. He was 44.

Crandall, a Floridian since 1981, was a fixture of the island, and regularly played his unique covers of popular favorites in area clubs and restaurants.

Entertainment columnist Tiffany Yates will offer a look back at Crandall’s life in Thursday’s Eagle or read the story Wednesday at marconews.com.

© 2007 marconews.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

happyonmarco writes:

I for one will miss him very much. His musical talent was awesome and he was much too young to be taken. My condolences to his family. I hope they know how many people loved Tim and that he put a smile on a lot of our faces.

spampam writes:

We will really miss Tim! He was a very unique and talented guy. Our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time. We will miss listening to his music, LIVE, while having dinner at the Snook Inn or Cocomos. I especially liked all the little sound affects he added to his songs. Tim's voice is a part of our daily life. His CD has a permanent spot in our CD player. Marco Island will not be the same!!!!!!!

mur224 writes:

Does anyone know what happened to Tim? I really enjoyed listening to him at the Snook Inn. I will miss hearing his music and marco will not be the same.

clrush69 writes:

Having known Tim since he first came to Marco in the 80s, it was painful to see him in such personal pain the last few years. He and I had a ball jamming up in Killington VT about 10 years ago, when we were both playing the ski areas one winter. When I left Marco 3 years ago, I remember wondering if I'd see him again. I wish I could.

marco1989 writes:

So sad. I have been listening to Tim play for years, since the early 90's when I use to live there. Since moving to Atlanta, we always made it a point to stop by the Snook or wherever he was playing to see him. We just saw him at the Snook in July and bought his CD. He will be missed!

GOTBOX writes:

Fridays & Sunday nights at the Snook will never be the same,
He had a special talent for making each song his own.
Sure am gonna miss choir pratice.

Love ya Tim.
Larry

GOTBOX writes:

As usual and expected ( joeywalnuts ) had to get his little disrespectful jab in. Even at a time like this when Tim's fanily might be looking at this for some sort of comfort.And be reminded of how many people loved him. There's always that one.
And you joeywalnuts are that one.

Eagleeye writes:

I've been coming to Marco Island every year since 1986. Tim was as much a part of my experience as the beach, the sunset, and the Snook Inn. While I didn't know him personally, he was a terrific entertainer and I and my family will miss him greatly. Our sympathy to his family and friends.

strike3 writes:

Joey calls it what it is. A spades a spade...if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck......................it must be a duck.

RIP

thoughts writes:

Thank you GOTBOX. I have know Tim all my life (40 years). We lived near each other in Ill, and in Naples. We are family. I am very grateful to have know Tim for as long as I have.

We are all going to miss him greatly, thanks for the laughs Tim!!!

marco1000 writes:

Tim Crandall was a personal friend of the family. we meet him over the years and became really close to him. We own property in Marco and travel there often, seeing him almost everyday there. He has come to visit us as well on other occasions. He was a great man and a true friend. He halped save my life one day, and will never be forgotten. He was always there for me and helped me on several occasions. Tim and his music will be missed more than imaginable. We all love you Tim

Walter writes:

As a seasonal resident, I always enjoyed coming down to the Snook Inn for a cocktail and to catch one of Tim's performances. He helped everyone forget their problems at least for awhile, with his endless entertainment. But how did he die? What happened?

larrysizemore writes:

I started on the musical journey with Tim back in the early 80's, playing every weekend in "downtown" Naples. At that time we called ourselves "Doubleplay" and even then we tried hard to sound like more people than we were. We focused on songs that had vocal harmony and Tim and I purchased the used bass pedals and a basic rhythm machine on a trip to Tampa. One night, we watched Andy Wahlberg play, and Tim, who was always a funny guy off stage, saw the benefit of mixing humor and great tunes on stage. I have to say, he never turned back from that point on. I got married and moved away in 1985, leaving Tim as a one-man (and probably improved) show. I was thrilled that he was able to make a career of playing music. I always intended to look Tim up to jam one more time. I am sorry to have missed the chance. Tim, keep 'em smiling in the afterlife buddy!

Larry Sizemore

wobblybarnbby writes:

Tim played here at The Wobbly Barn in Killington, VT for several winters and we loved him as a person as well as a musician... His off-beat sense of humor is the way Kyle Barrett, Jason Evans, Peter Bissell and his entire group of friends here will remember him and the dinner we had with Boston Bruins Goaltender Rob Tallis was a funny, funny night...

Tim you were a great musician, an amazing friend a TERRIBLE golfer but...

You still got it!