ART LEAGUE, MARCO ISLAND’S CENTER FOR THE ARTS
1010 Winterberry Drive
Open: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Collier County High School Scholarship Applicants Exhibit April 17 through 24. Reception & Awards Ceremony 5:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 24. Free Admission.
- Young Artists Academy Exhibit April 26 to May 1.
Reception 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 26.
- “In The Shadow Of Glory” 11:30 a.m. May 1, at the Marco Island Yacht Club. Janina Birtolo performs her portrayal of Mary Todd Lincoln’s life at the Foundation’s annual meeting, luncheon and presentation of scholarships. Members/$25; Guests/$30. Call Lynne Minozzi 642-3836 by April 23 for reservations. A portion of the ticket price benefits the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts, a charitable non-profit organization, and it’s programs.
- ”The Green Period” May 10 through July 8. Juried Fine Art Exhibit. Reception 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday May 5.
- Pastel Pet Portraiture with Joan Scherer, 4:45 to 7:30 p.m. May 7. $175/non-members; $131.25/members.
- Art Adventures with Kim Burke. Tuesdays 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. May 5, 12, 19, 26. Thursdays 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. May 7, 14, 21, 28. $40 per student, Grades K-5.
- Creative Dramatics with Irene Horowitz. Tuesdays 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. May 5, 12, 19. $50 per student Grades 1 to 6. Special offer: 2 for 1. Register with a friend and receive 50% discount on class fee.
Town Center 1089 N. Collier Blvd., Suite 437, 393-2405
- Artist of the month: Rosemary Mazzola featuring an exhibit of her “Garden Series” through April.
CEDAR BAY YACHT CLUB
705 E. Elkcam Circle
- Exhibit 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. through July 31. View works by 4 local artists, Claire Keery, Rosemary Mazolla, Tara O’Neill and Susan Wold. All two dimensional works, this exhibit features 3 painters and 1 collage artist. Participants of the Annual Artists Studio Tour. If you missed their studio collections, this is a great opportunity to see works by all four artists in one exhibit.
MARCO ISLAND FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS
Contact: Sandi Johnson 642-0015
THE STUDIO FINE ART GALLERY
1103 Bald Eagle Drive, 394-5452. www.thestudiofineartgallery.net
MARCO PLAYERS THEATRE
Town Center 1089 N. Collier Blvd. , 642-7270
MARCO ISLAND HISTORICAL SOCIETY
394 6917. www.themihs.org
Compiled by Christine Neal, executive director of Marco Island’s Center of the Arts. Marco Island’s Center for the Arts is located at 1010 Winterberry Drive, 394-4221; firstname.lastname@example.org.