MARCO ISLAND — Following a workshop beginning 3 p.m. Monday on utility rates and a tree ordinance, council will be jumping into budget sessions beginning at 5:30 p.m.
A presentation on the budget was not available at press time. City Manager Steve Thompson shared a draft of the budget presentation Friday, which is in the related documents link.
Other items to be reviewed by Marco’s City Council Monday include:
- A presentation on the proposed Marco Island charter high school.
- Kendall Bridge and Clifton Drive bridge repairs contract with Volkert & Associates for a cost not to exceed $405,000.
- Standby generator for the water plant because the first contractor backed out. The second low bidder is being proposed, Hypower, at a cost of $182,000. The difference between the bidders is covered by bond insurance from the first contractor backing out.
- Sewer rehabilitation project contract with Instituform not to exceed $781,258.
- An ordinance to allow for the conversion of septic tanks to cisterns
- Contract with Bonness to construct the Bald Eagle Drive shared use pathway at a cost of about $381,000 paid for by federal stimulus grants.
- Bond resolutions for the North Marco, North Barfield, West Winterberry and Old Marco sewer assessment areas.
To see the full agenda visit related links.
City Council meets in the Community Room, 51 Bald Eagle Drive, next door to City Hall beginning with a workshop at 3 p.m. followed by the regular meeting at 5:30 p.m.