ART LEAGUE, MARCO ISLAND’S CENTER FOR THE ARTS
1010 Winterberry Drive
Open: 1 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, through Thursday
- ”The Green Period” 1 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday through July 8. Multi-medium juried art exhibition features works by members of the Art League Marco Island Center for the Arts. All work is available for purchase.
- Summer Wine & Art Series: 5:30 to 7 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month from June through August. We highlight a different artist each month while enjoying a special selection of red and white wines: June 2 to 30: Artist in Residence, oil painter Phyllis Pransky. Free/members; $5/guests. Reception attendance qualifies for a raffle ticket to win a 30”x40” open edition giclee by Clyde Butcher, courtesy of Blue Mangrove Gallery.
Open to students 16 years of age and up.
- Beginners Oil Painting: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays, June 11, 18, 25. Learn the basics of oil painting with award winning artist Inez Hudson. Members/$131.25; nonmembers/$175. Materials available for purchase at the Art League Gift Shop.
- Harp Playing Made Easy II: 5:30 to 7 p..m. Tuesdays, June 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7. Learn to play the Harp with local musician and harpist Kim Adamson in a six week session. Members/$105; nonmembers/$140.
- Watercolor Painting for All Level: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays July 15, 22, 29. Paint with award winning artist and instructor Diane Reed Eiler. Special and rare summer program. Only 3 weeks! Members/$101.25 nonmembers/$135. Materials available for purchase at the Art League Gift Shop.
- Kids Art Kamp: For elementary and middle school age children offered by Kim Burke and Jennifer Marquis. 4 weekly sessions, Monday to Friday during June. Enrollment Options: Half day: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1 to 5 p.m. Full Day: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (pack a lunch, meals not included). Maximum enrollment 15 students. Reel Kids: (Film Portion) for middle school age children only and is a half day afternoon session, Kamps 1 & 2 only, maximum 10 Students. Fees: Half Day/$125; Full Day/$195. Program funded in part by Island Country Club Foundation, Kiwanis, Leadership Marco. Call 239-394-4221 to register.
Kamp 1: June 8 to 12
Kamp 2: June 15 to 19
Kamp 3: June 22 to 26
Kamp 4: June 29 to July 3
- Advanced Art Kamp: Special session 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. July 6 to 9. Artist/instructor Diane Reed Eiler. Must be ages 10 to 14. Two and tree dimensional design. All materials provided. Fee: $235. Call 394-4221 to register.
- Art Adventures with Kim Burke: 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 7, 14, 21, 28; 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, July 9, 16, 23, 30. $40/student, grades K - 5.
BLUE MANGROVE GALLERY
Town Center 1089 N. Collier Blvd., Suite 437, 393-2405
MARCO ISLAND FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS
Contact: Sandi Johnson 642-0015
MARCO PLAYERS THEATRE
Town Center 1089 N. Collier Blvd., 642-7270
Season resumes in late fall.
CEDAR BAY YACHT CLUB
705 E. Elkcam Circle
- Exhibit 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. through July 31. View works by 4 local artists, Claire Keery, Rosemary Mazolla, Tara O’Neill and Susan Wold. All two dimensional works, this exhibit features 3 painters and 1 collage artist. Participants of the Annual Artists Studio Tour. This is a great opportunity to see works by all four artists in one exhibit.
MARCO ISLAND HISTORICAL SOCIETY
394 6917. www.themihs.org
Compiled by Christine Neal, executive director of Marco Island’s Center of the Arts. Marco Island’s Center for the Arts is located at 1010 Winterberry Drive, 394-4221; firstname.lastname@example.org.