There’s a battle brewing, a brouhaha, about whether it makes sense for companies and associations to be “meeting” in exotic locations, or even airport hotels or company headquarters.
The so-called “experts” claim these gatherings are often time-wasters and boondoggles. That’s bunk and they’re wrong!
I spend lots of time, in lots of cities, helping clients generate lots of results. For my clients know, that now, perhaps more than ever, they and their people need new skills, new attitudes and new behaviors to create new relationships, plus deepen and strengthen existing ones, to generate new revenue and profits.
They know there’s value, payback and significant ROI ... when they meet and invest in their present and future!
Margaret Mead once said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.”
Whether “small” means 10s, 100s or 1,000, she’s right!
Now, you might claim, “Hey Jeff, isn’t this a wee bit “self” serving about your speaking, training, writing and consulting?”
Fair question. But it isn’t about me. It’s about my clients. It’s about you!
It’s in “their” best interests, it’s in “your” best interests to continually seek improvements, enhancements and upgrades. Because guess what, if you ain’t doing it, a smart competitor is!
Can you grow and prosper with books, CDs, DVDs, tele-conferences, e-updates and online support? Absolutely!
They’re all reinforcement tools we use to help clients maximize immediate and longterm success.
Can you surf the Web, to find stuff that’s free? Of course. But be careful, for as we both know, there’s lots of garbage out there.
Plus, the adage “you get what you pay for” is false. Because, unfortunately, you often get more ... like pain, suffering and frustration.
To avoid frustration ...
My clients tell me, there’s nothing like the power and impact of bringing their people together. To shake hands; chat eyeball to eyeball; break bread; laugh and learn. (They too, know Margaret Mead’s message is accurate!)
Here are some verbatim comments, I’ve received from clients, who are more than satisfied, they’re ecstatic:
“Wow Jeff! In the past, I’ve experienced a short-lived high from motivational speakers, so I had a tall order for you — a longterm strategy, with measurable ROI and specific tools our team could use to grow our business.
Your ideas, resulted in quick application and measurable results.”
“It was exactly what we need to give us focus and confidence for continuing our growth.”
“Without exaggeration, you’re a catalyst for proven and relevant results. We observed immediate benefits.”
“We’re experiencing increases by individuals who have never (in all their years in the business) closed as many sales as in the past few weeks. Unbelievable! I’m seeing a new level of professionalism and pride in each one’s ability to distinguish their customers’ needs and dreams as never before.
“Your positive impact was overwhelming. Have reps making extreme strides, especially with referrals and handling objections. Results are fantastic. Our sales numbers have been really great.”
And, here are 20 more benefits and advantages of meeting with meaning:
1. It means you’ll create the right culture for results, (internal and external).
2. It means your sales/marketing/leadership/service efforts will produce greater sales volume and profits.
3. It means your team will retain/find more profitable customers and relationships.
4. It means your professionals won’t get “beat-up” on “price” or be intimidated by the sales process or competition.
5. It means you’ll be better equipped to adapt to your changing marketplace.
6. It means taking control of your future.
7. It means you’ll know how to create a business success-system that reduces stress, while increasing performance and profitability.
8. It means your team will be using strategies and principles that have been proven in the “real world.”
9. It means the opportunity to learn from/with peers.
10. It means a common system/program/results-session fosters a sense of unity or teamwork.
11. It means the development of a more confident, persuasive and profitable team.
12. It means high value perception.
13. It means sending the message, “I believe in you. I’m investing in you!”
14. It means participants can depart with “how-to” skills they can immediately begin to use and benefit/profit from.
15. It means your people will project a positive image and move further and faster in their careers.
16. It means the achievement of new and higher goals.
17. It means you can confront challenges and overcome obstacles.
18. It means you can brainstorm possibilities.
19. It means you can take new actions.
20. It means restful nights, because of a plan, a direction, growth!
Management guru Peter Drucker, once declared, “It is management’s job to enable the enterprise and each of its members to grow and develop. Training and development must be built, on all levels, training and development that never stop.”
Drucker’s axiom is timeless. It should be observed, internalized and mastered. Take his advice, “Never stop.”
Now, is the time for you, “to go!” To move forward. To pave the way to your more favorable and profitable future.
Some day, soon, together, may we have a memorable and meaningful meeting!
Here’s to your success!
Jeff Blackman is a speaker, author, success coach, broadcaster and lawyer who lives part-time on Marco Island. His clients call him a “business-growth specialist.” Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to jeffblackman.com to subscribe to his free e-letter.