ART LEAGUE, MARCO ISLAND’S CENTER FOR THE ARTS
1010 Winterberry Drive
Open: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Florida & All That Jazz, fine art exhibit through March 25. Featuring members of the The Florida Artist Group.
- Stone Sculpture Exhibit, through April 4. Reception to meet the artists, 5:30 to 7 p.m. March 20. Free.
- 5th Annual Studio Tour 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 3. Tour the studios of 4 member artists: Claire Keery, Susan Wold, Tara O’Neill, and Rosemary Mazzola, and a visit with the Sculpting Guild. $60/non-members; $50/members. Transportation provided, includes lunch and wrap-up wine reception with music at Cedar Bay Yacht Club. Registration deadline noon on March 30th.
- Adult Student Show April 1 to 10. Reception 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 9. Free/members; $5/guests.
- Collier County Scholarship Exhibit April 17 to 24. Reception & Awards Ceremony 5:30 to 7 p.m. Friday, April 24. Free.
- Young Artists Academy Exhibit April 26 to May 1.
Reception 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, April 26.
- Wood Carving with Glenn Williams. 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 20, 25, 27. $225/non-members; $168.75/members.
- Harp Playing Made Easy Workshop with Kim Adamson. 11:30 to 3:30 p.m. March 21, 28, April 4. $140/on-members; $105/members. Additional fee of $200 for the harp, which the student will keep. First time offered 6 week workshop geared to the beginner thru advanced student.
- All Media Painting with Earl Peternell. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 23. $195/non-members; $146.25/members. Students of all levels will work in their chosen medium, own choice of subject matter, and own speed.
- Memoir Writing with Wade Keller. 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 23. $40/non-members; $30/members.
- Watercolor Painting - All Levels with Joan Scherer. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 23, 25, 26. $195/non-members; $146.25/members.
- Oil/Acrylic Painting - All Levels with Diane Reed Eiler. 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 24, 26, 31, April 2. $195/non-members; $146.25/members.
- Still Life Studio Oil Painting with Connie Rawlins. 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 24. $243.75/non-members; $325/members.
- Intro To Pastel - All Levels with William Moseley. 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. March 24, 31. $195/non-members; $146.25/members.
- Acrylic Painting with Connie Rawlins. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 25, April 1. $195/non-members; $146.25/members. Course is designed for all levels of student.
- Watercolor Painting - All Levels with Diane Reed Eiler. 1:30 a.m. to 14:30 p.m. March 25, Apr. 1. $195/non-members; $146.25/members.
- Life Drawing with Diane Reed Eiler. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 25. $170/non-members; $127.50/members. A life drawing class using a live model, for students at any level.
- Flat To Fabulous Clay Class with Annabelle Johnson. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 25. $395/non-members; $296.25/members.
- Pastel Pet Portraiture with Joan Scherer, all levels. 1 to 5 p.m. March 25. $175/non-members; $131.25/members.
- Beginners Watercolor with Judith Chinski. 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 26. $160/on-members; $120/members.
- Oil Painting - All Levels with Inez Hudson. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 26. $175/non-members; $131.25/members.
Oil Painting – with Inez Hudson, all levels. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 26. $175 non-members/$131.25 members.
- Intro To Stone with Frank DeLaRouche/Joe Cooper. 9 a.m. to noon. March 23, 30, April 6, 13, 20. $195/non-members; $146.25/members.
- Florida Landscape - Acrylic Painting Workshop with Jo Ann Sanborn. 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 30, 31, April 1, 2. $243.75/non-members; $325/members. Creative 4 day workshop geared to the intermediate thru advanced student.
- Quilting With Clay 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, April 3; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 11. $300/non-members; $225/members. Includes one bag of clay and bisque firings for that one bag of clay.
- Art Adventures with Kim Burke. 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, April 14, 21, 28; Thursdays, April 16, 23, 30. $30 per student, grades K-5.
- Creative Dramatics with Irene Horowitz. 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. Tuesdays, April 14, 21, 28. $50 per student, grades 1 - 6. Special offer: 2 for 1. Register with a friend and receive 50% discount on class fee.
BLUE MANGROVE GALLERY
Town Center 1089 N. Collier Blvd., Suite 437, 393-2405
- Clean out the Closets SALE March 20 through 28. Special Savings on one of a kind creations.
- Meet the Artist: Rosemary Mazzola, “Garden Series.” Reception 5 to 8 p.m. April 1.
MARCO ISLAND FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS
Contact: Sandi Johnson 642-0015
CEDAR BAY YACHT CLUB
705 E. Elkcam Circle
- Plein Air in Plain Sight exhibit. 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through March 30. A collection of works by outdoor painters of the Art League, Marco Island’s Center for the Arts. Public is welcome to view the exhibit, sit on the deck and enjoy a beverage Sunday thru Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
THE STUDIO FINE ART GALLERY
1103 Bald Eagle Drive, 394-5452
MARCO PLAYERS THEATRE
Town Center 1089 N. Collier Blvd. , 642-7270
- The Love List by Norm Foster. March 25 to April 11.
MARCO ISLAND HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Compiled by Christine Neal, executive director of Marco Island’s Center of the Arts. Marco Island’s Center for the Arts is located at 1010 Winterberry Drive, 394-4221; firstname.lastname@example.org.