I recently took an impromptu survey of about 10 percent of our residents. The main theme was, "What do you feel are the most important attributes of Leisure Time Park." Among the respondents were a mix of 80 percent owners and 20 percent renters. The average number of years/seasons those answering have spent in the park is 9.7 years with the median being 6.7 years within a range from one to 27 years/seasons. Seventy percent of the respondents have either owned or rented in other parks before owning or renting here. Here are the results:
- 100 percent (of owners) agreed that the real estate ownership aspect is paramount
- 90 percent feel the cleanliness and orderliness of the park is a priority
- 85 percent feel that the friendliness of the residents ranks as a high condition
- 75 percent feel the affordability and value is major feature
- 70 percent feel that the close proximity to amenities (shopping, medical, dining, etc.) outside the boundaries of the park is an important factor
- 70 percent feel the amount of activities within the park is of great importance
- 50 percent have family members or other friends living nearby thus making it a desirable location
- 25 percent feel the long-term investment possibilities is an additional bonus
Other positive comments verbalized were; a feeling of safety, the smallness of size, having nice landscaping, being fiscally solid, ample volunteering, having defined rules and regulations, Internet connection availability, miscellaneous park facilities on hand, ample parking and paved streets.
Although this was not a scientific survey, it does verify the fact LTP measures very high ratings across a spectrum of considerations for any community environment.
I would like to thank all residents who spent their time giving me the above data by which to formulate these findings.