Here is this weeks' news quiz:
1. What holiday event took place Monday on Third Street South in downtown Naples?
a. Christmas tree lighting
b. it snowed
c. both of the above
2. Ten students from which Collier County middle school were suspended for their roles in what was called “kick a Jew day”?
a. Golden Gate
b. North Naples
c. East Naples
3. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement found no criminal wrongdoing for which area sheriff regarding allegations of a relationship with a known felon?
a. Mike Scott
b. Kevin Rambosk
c. Don Hunter
4. A 30-year-old hunter was found last Friday after being lost in which Florida national preserve?
a. Fakahatchee Strand
b. Corkscrew Swamp
c. Big Cypress National
5. Domestic battery charges were dropped and case closed due to mistaken identity against the football coach of which Collier County high school?
c. Barron Collier
6. The ACE Group Classic will not play at TPC Treviso Bay, moving to which golf club for the February 2010 tournament?
a. The Quarry
c. Naples Heritage
7. Naples City Council unanimously voted for a proposal to build a new aquatic facility at which community center?
a. East Naples
b. Sugden Regional
c. River Park
8. After a rash of banks being closed, only two local banks showed a profit through the third quarter this year. They are:
b. Edison National/Sanibel Captiva Community
c. Liberty/Royal Palm
9. Conservation Collier opened the gates for one day last week, allowing visitors to tour which preserved ranch?
b. Orange Blossom
10. Which Fox News Channel broadcaster had a book signing last Saturday at Borders Bookstore in the Gulf Coast Town Center in San Carlos Park?
a. Bill O’Reilly
b. Sean Hannity
c. Glenn Beck
Answers: 1. c; 2. b; 3. a; 4. c; 5. c; 6. a; 7. c; 8. b; 9. a; 10. c