Here is this week's news quiz:
1. Gov. Charlie Crist visited which Collier County A-rated elementary school in observance of Hispanic Heritage Month?
b. East Naples
2. Which animal activist group organized a “topless” demonstration on Naples beach protesting cruelty to fish?
a. Florida Wildlife Federation
b. Conservancy of Southwest Florida
c. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
3. The first in Naples of which fast-food chain restaurant, on U.S. 41 East, was demolished and will be replaced with a new building of the same brand?
b. Burger King
4. Todd Mueller and Kylie Matulick, the son and daughter-in-law of Bonita Springs
resident Shirley Mueller, won best commercial Emmy award on Sept. 12 for an ad for which beverage?
5. A stage show taken from which popular children’s TV characters was performed at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall last weekend?
b. “Barney & Friends”
c. “Sesame Street”
6. Residents of which North Naples neighborhood filed nine lawsuits in the name of their community against the home-building company that installed Chinese drywall?
a. Bristol Pines
b. Laurel Lakes
c. Sabal Palm
7. The five top athletes of which Collier elementary school received new sneakers in honor of the school’s late physical education teacher, Jim Duyser?
8. Naples resident Dan Fitapelli, 50, will run in which major city marathon in November to raise money for Autism Speaks?
b. New York City
9. Students of the Village School of Naples gathered at the flagpole and participated in their first celebration of See You at the Pole. What is this yearly international event?
a. celebration of the American flag
b. start of Special Olympics
c. prayer gathering
10. Collier County commissioners voted against a proposal to charge $75 for the replacement of what household item:
a. air conditioner
b. pool pump
c. water heater
Answers: 1. a; 2. c; 3. a; 4. b; 5. c; 6. a; 7. c; 8. b; 9. c; 10 c