Letter to the Editor: Majority not always right

Article Highlights

• I wish to remind all concerned, that 100 percent of a Los Angeles jury voted O. J. Simpson not guilty.

A recent letter brought up the 62 percent often repeated mantra pertaining to this City Council and the last election.

A majority wins, but is not always right!.

Robert Glaub

Marco Island

© 2009 marconews.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Fossil writes:

It is becoming more and more apparent with the passage of time, that most of us were duped by John Asceri and our Condo Managers. Hopefully, our Condo Associations have learned from this experience. Forbiding Condo Managers from acting as conduits for political activists would be a step in the right direction. We have only ourselves to blame for the higher taxes and utility fee increases we are now faced with.

This is great !!! Another LTE for the next campaign. And the blog is even better. Keep calling the majority s----- and not right. It makes for great material for the next campaign.
In a Democracy, the majority may not always be "right" (Obama is a perfect example) but the majority rules and dictates the policy and future of our Island. And in our case, in my opinion, that is a good thing.
But keep on posting, you are doing wonders for making the majority of voters on the Island more united. And as most of them don't read this stuff anyway, I will make sure that they do. I assume that you want them to see it as you posted it.

u2cane writes:

That also depends on what you think is right and what the majority thinks is right. Everything is subjective to people's opinions. What you might believe is right, I might consider wrong. Who makes the decision to publish these gems?

JohninMarco writes:

I would start to worry Mr. Issler. More and more residences are asking questions of the city. Add to that if the Dumas case goes to civil court and Mr. Day files a criminal complaint, well I think that all bets are off.

marcoislandres writes:

Mr. Issler,
Nixon won 49 of the 50 States in 1972, a landslide as you are fond of saying, how popular do you thing he was near the end of his term?

marcoredeagle writes:

I can see very few people happy with the direction of Marco Island. The majority constantly talked about is fractured. Promised leadership has not been kept.