Here are benefits from across Southwest Florida beginning Thursday, Oct. 7, 2009:
Thrift store sale
The Salvation Army Thrift Store is holding a 50 percent off sale today through Saturday at 2313 Davis Blvd., Naples.
A cat adoption to benefit Humane Society Naples will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. today at Seraphim Boutique, 600 Fifth Ave. S., Naples. Raffle tickets will also be sold and 10 percent of sales that night will benefit the Humane Society Naples. 261-8494
St. Matthew’s House will benefit from a sidewalk sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Bed, Bath & Beyond Plaza, 5351 Airport-Pulling Road, Naples. Bring a nonperishable food item for the food pantry.
Benefit for veterans
Rolling Thunder, a local POW/MIA organization, is sponsoring a ’50’s dance to raise funds for local veterans from 7 to 11 p.m. Sunday at Sandy Parrot, 17200 U.S. 41 S., Fort Myers. You may donate blood and see a custom car show from 4 to 7 p.m. 410. 849-7824
Collier County 4-H Foundation will benefit from a wine gala to be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Fresh Market, 4129 U.S. 41 N., Naples. $25, advance; $30, at door. 370-6449 or 821-4432
Children’s education programs
A luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday at Bravo!, a new restaurant at the Mercato, will benefit the Philharmonic Center’s children’s education programs. The restaurant is at 9110 Strada Place, Naples. Reservations are required. $15. 514-0042.
Shop for a cause
Macy’s will sponsor “Shop for a Cause,” at all its stores on Oct. 17. Buy a shopping pass for $5 and receive 20 percent off most clothing; 10 percent off most home items and 25 percent off a single item. Exclusions do apply; rules are published on the pass. Passes will be sold through Oct. 17. Macy’s is located at Coastland Center, 1800 U.S. 41 N., Naples. 434-1300
The Nurse Practitioner Council of Collier County will sponsor a fashion show, silent auction and luncheon starting at 11 a.m. Oct. 17 at Pelican Sound Golf and River Club, 4561 Sound Blvd., Estero. Proceeds will benefit the endowed scholarship at Florida Gulf Coast University. $40. 293-8566
Helps Outreach will sponsor a food drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 17 at Chick-Fil-A, 5825 Airport-Pulling Road, Naples. Donate a nonperishable food item and get a coupon for a free chicken sandwich. An Helps Outreach open house, with tours of the facility and refreshments, will be held on Oct. 24 at 2025 J&C Blvd., Naples. 593-3226
A sock hop to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association with an Italian buffet and live entertainment will be from noon to 4 p.m. Oct. 18 at Noodles Italian Cafe & Sushi Bar. The restaurant is at 1585 Pine Ridge Road, Naples. $20. 821-5562 or 269-6320
Sunlight Home, a maternity home in Collier County, is celebrating its 15th anniversary at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22 at the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club, 851 Gulf Shore Blvd. N., Naples. Mandy Connell, host of “Daybreak” on WINK radio, is the featured speaker. $100. 596-5733
Strut your mutt
The Shelter for Abused Women & Children and the Humane Society Naples is sponsoring a pet Halloween costume contest from 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 24 at Germain BMW of Naples, 11286 U.S. 41 N., Naples. $10, per category. 643-1880, ext. 18
Handbag happy hour
Live and silent auctions of one-of-a-kind handbags to benefit Island Coast AIDS Network Inc. (ICAN) will be held at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort, Bonita Springs. $85, includes open bar, hors d’oeuvres, cigar terrace and auction. 337-2391
The following organizations will benefit from local golf tournaments. Accompanying them is sponsor, if separate; time and date; location; registration opening, price and information number.
* American Society of Civil Engineers of Florida Gulf Coast University. 9 a.m. Saturday at Quail West, 5950 Burnham Road, Naples; 8 a.m. $80. 495-4362
* The Florida Gulf Coast University Founder’s Cup. 1:15 p.m. Monday, Club at Mediterra, 15755 Corso Mediterra Circle, Naples. $450 includes lunch. 590-1074
* Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida. 11:45 a.m. Oct. 16, Grey Oaks, Pine Course, 2400 Grey Oaks Drive N., Naples. $6,500 per foursome includes valet parking and car wash, breakfast, lunch and dinner and a gift salon. 225-2590
* Boy Scout Troop 165. Speed Golf-a-Thon at 1 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Quarry, 8950 Weathered Stone Drive, Naples. 11:40 a.m. Boxed lunch and putting contest. $75. 404-3263
* Local developmentally disabled people. First Congregational Church of Naples, 8 a.m. Oct. 24 at Stonebridge Country, Club, 2100 Winding Oaks Way, Naples. $100. 293-5210
* Children’s Miracle Network. Costco Wholesale, 8:30 a.m. Oct. 24 at Old Corkscrew Golf Club, 17314 Corkscrew Road, Estero. 7:30 a.m. $125. 596-6403, ext. 305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* St. William Council Knights of Columbus. 8:30 a.m. Oct. 24 at the Strand Golf and Country Club, 5840 Strand Blvd., Naples. $125. 597-4073
* YMCA of the Palms. The Dan Conley Memorial tournament by Stock Development. 8:15 a.m. Oct. 29 at Hideout Golf Club, 3025 Brantley Blvd., Naples. $200. 598-5177
* CREW Trust’s environmental education programs. 8:30 a.m. Oct. 30 at the Quarry, 8950 Weathered Stone Drive, Naples. 7:30 a.m. $100. 513-8016
* The Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce. 1 p.m. Oct. 30 at Raptor Bay Golf Club, 23001 Coconut Point Resort Drive, Bonita Springs. $150. 992-2943
* Literacy Volunteers of Collier County. Golf scramble at 9 a.m. Oct. 31 at Quail West Golf and Country Club, 6289 Burnham Road, Naples. 8 a.m. $75. 262-4448
* Habitat for Humanity of Collier County needs volunteers to help with its newsletter assembly from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Oct. 23 at 11145 U.S. 41 E., Naples. 732-6388
* The Shy Wolf Sanctuary is having a yard sale on Nov. 14 and needs donations. Call 273-0372 for drop-off or pick-up.
* St. Matthew’s House needs donations for its food pantries in Naples and Bonita Springs. Please drop nonperishable food at 2001 Airport-Pulling Road S., Naples or 25091 Bernwood Drive, Bonita Springs. 298-5026
* Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce needs volunteers to staff its Visitors Center from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. 992-2943
* Catholic Charities of Collier County received $4,000 from the Martin Foundation. The money will provide food to clients of the Family Resource Center.
* The Youth Leadership Collier Class of 2009 presented a check for $13,153 to the Neighborhood Health Clinic on Sept. 28.
* The Wachovia Foundation has awarded at $12,000 grant to the Neighborhood Health Clinic. The grant will be used to purchase medications for diabetic patients.
* The Florida Bar Foundation awarded a $4,000 grant to the Collier County Women’s Bar Association for a living will and health care surrogate project.
Deadline for Benefits is 10 a.m. Tuesday. E-mail to email@example.com or mail to Sheila Mesulam, Naples Daily News, 1100 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34110. All briefs are printed on a space-available basis. Follow Sheila at twitter.com/ndn_smesulam