Here is this week's news quiz:
1. An East Naples-based church family worship center and complex is in:
a. the national media spotlight
b. a flood plain
2. Where was the candlelight vigil held honoring the victims of the Damas family slayings and domestic violence victims?
a. Collier County Courthouse
b. Shelter for Abused Women & Children
c. Naples Pier
3. June and Colin Glass opened a franchised business in Collier County called Bark Busters, which specializes in:
a. tree and shrub diseases
b. dog training
c. catching unruly pets
4. What potentially dangerous creature was captured near Lake Park Elementary School?
5. Which local golf resort hotel was ranked No. 1 in Florida by Golf Digest?
a. LaPlaya Beach & Golf
b. Naples Beach Hotel & Golf
c. Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort
6. The blessing of the boats for a lucrative season for commercial stone crabbers took place last Saturday in which local fishing area?
a. Everglades City
b. Marco Island
c. Isles of Capri
7. A manatee was aided by wildlife officials and volunteers to get free after it got stuck on a sand bar on which area beach?
b. Lovers Key
c. Clam Pass
8. Public school teachers where got a surprise reduction in paychecks so they can get more before summer break?
c. Nowhere; this is a trick question
9. Florida has how many teams in the AP college football Top 10 rankings?
10. Which Collier County district’s firefighters will wear and sell pink T-shirts as a fundraiser during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
b. North Naples
c. Golden Gate
Answers: 1. c; 2. a; 3. b; 4. a; 5. c; 6. a; 7. c; 8. b; 9. a; 10. b