For your information ... about food:
Open for business
Bravo! Cucina Italiana is now open for lunch and dinner at 9110 Strada Place, Naples. Bravo is owned by the Brio Restaurant Group of Columbus, Ohio, which owns Brio at the Waterside Shops in Naples. Enjoy eating Italian food under authentic-looking Roman ruins. Information and reservations: 514-0042
Jane’s Cafe at Mission Square, 1575 Pine Ridge Road, Naples, has re-opened after a summer vacation. Information: 566-3554
Bert’s Seafood & Chowder House Inc. will be coming to 852 Fifth Ave. S., Naples.
Garden restaurant week
Naples Originals restaurants are celebrating “Garden Restaurant Week” through Sunday by giving diners a complimentary pass to Naples Botanical Garden to be used after it re-opens Nov. 14. The following restaurants explain how they use fresh produce from their gardens:
* Bha Bha!, 847 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples: Owner Michael Mir uses the herbs that he grows in his herb terrace in front of his restaurant: chives, Persian basil, rosemary and mint.
* M Waterfront Grille, 4300 Gulf Shore Blvd. N., Naples: Grows herbs on the restaurant’s terrace which is suspended 25 feet above water. It grows seven different herb varieties — basil, mint, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives and tarragon. Chef Brian Roland also uses locally grown micro-greens and edible flowers to garnish most plates.
* Ciao Ristorante, 835 Fourth Ave. S., Naples: Chef/owner Gianfranco Loreti cooks with fresh-grown mushrooms, butternut squash, sage, basil and apples.
* Bistro 821, 821 Fifth Ave. S., Naples: the kitchen will be using Thai Ginger ( galangal) and lemongrass as well as Kiffir lime leaves from chef Jesse Housman’s personal garden.
* Bamboo Café, 755 12th Ave. S., Naples: The cafe is using a Moroccan-themed menu for Garden Restaurant Week, with Mediterranean food typified by produce from citrus orchards, olives groves, date palms and tomato fields.
Cafe Luna is offering
50 percent off pizzas from 11:30 to 6 p.m. and 50 percent off pasta dishes from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. today. The restaurant is at 467 Fifth Ave. S., Naples. Information: 213-2212
Bayfront Chef’s Market is offering presentations by two chefs and live music from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Bayfront, Bayfront Place (off Goodlette-Frank Road), Naples. Information: 200-3477
Taste Italian wines free from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday at the Wine Merchant, 12820 U.S. 41 N., Naples. Information: 592-0000
The Survey Cafe is celebrating Oktoberfest from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at 10530 Wilson St., Bonita Springs. The event will feature a chicken dance contest, beer, brats, cabbage and live music by Antonio. Anyone wearing lederhosen gets one free draft beer. Information: 992-2233
Culinary Tour de France
Bamboo Cafe is presenting a culinary Tour de France from the Alsace Lorraine region from 5 to 10 p.m. Sunday at 755 12th Ave. S., Naples. The $24.95 prix fixe dinner will feature flammekuche (baked in flames) a bacon-onion tart with a salad, Alsatian choucroute (sauerkraut) with artisanal sausages and smoked bacon and Alsatian rhubarb tarte with meringue. Information and reservations: 643-6177
The Real Macaw is having a Halloween party at 7 p.m. Oct. 31 at 3275 Bayshore Road, Naples. Enjoy a DJ, drink specials and a costume contest with prizes. Information: 732-1188
Femmes Je Vous Aime has partnered with Fauchon Paris to sell chocolates, teas and assorted cookies at 362 Fifth Ave. S., Naples. Orders are now being taken for the holidays. Information: 403-0722
Mister $5 is serving a new dinner menu that includes two entrees and one bottle of wine of your choice for $30. The restaurant also has a new Genova crostini that is a baked sandwich with Genova salami, melted provolone cheese and a hot pepperoncini finished with a balsamic glaze for — you guessed it — $5. Visit on Monday nights to watch football and order a bucket of beer which comes with free wings. The restaurant is at 1716 Airport-Pulling Road, Naples. Information: 262-1555
Wine in a plastic bottle
Bottoms Up! is now selling good tasting red or white French wines by Louis Bernard in a plastic twist-cap bottle. The bottles are recyclable, easy to transport and perfect for the beach or pool. Buy them at the Pavilion Shopping Plaza, 881 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples for $7.99. Information: 593-6180
The Arrowhead Sports Grill at Heritage Greens, 7722 Immokalee Road, Naples, is open to the public and has added three flat-screen televisions that feature the NFL football package. The grill is serving 10 wings and a pitcher of beer for $10, and a bucket of domestic beer is five for $10 daily. Information: 592-5355
New ice cream flavor
Blue Bell has introduced Mexican praline ice cream. It includes chunks of Mexican pralines, roasted pecan pieces and a praline swirl. You get ice cream and candy all-in-one.
Deadline for FYI Food is 10 a.m. Monday. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Sheila Mesulam, Naples Daily News, 1100 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34110. All briefs are printed on a space-available baisis.
Connect with Sheila Mesulam at www.naplesnews.com/staff/sheila_mesulam