Here is a list of upcoming benefits:
Fund raisers for a resident
* Stock Development is asking you to take a friend to lunch anytime from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Players Club and Spa, 8060 Grand Lely Drive, Naples, as a fund raiser for employee Susan Phillips. Phillips is a Naples resident who needs help paying medical bills for a rare form of cancer. The lunch buffet is $10 per person with $5 going to the Susan Phillips Fund. Information and reservations: 774-6354
* Play golf and enjoy a prime rib dinner to help Naples resident Susan Phillips pay medical bills from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Club at Olde Cypress, 7165 Treeline Drive, Naples. Raffles and 50/50 poker hands will be available. $50, golf and dinner; $25, dinner; $10, children under 12 for children’s dinner. Reservations and information: 596-6857
Trade-in your gently used clothing to benefit victims of domestic abuse and receive an allowance on new clothing through Monday at Patchington, Venetian Village, 4320 Gulf Shore Blvd. N., Naples. Information: 434-7182
Nonprofits are invited to raise awareness for their causes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Mercato, Strada Place, Naples for the March to Make a Difference Kick-Off. The event will feature networking booths and entertainment. Information: www.iWannaHelp.net
Strut your mutt
The Shelter for Abused Women & Children and the Humane Society Naples are sponsoring a pet Halloween costume contest from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Germain BMW of Naples, 11286 U.S. 41 N., Naples. $10, per category. Information: 643-1880, ext. 18
Lighthouse of Collier County is sponsoring the Halloween Monster Crazy 8K Run/two mile Fun Walk at 7:30 a.m. Sunday at Vineyards Community Park, 6231 Arbor Blvd., Naples. Children and adults will also be able to enter a costume contest. Register at www.Active.com
The Marco Island Fire-Rescue Foundation is sponsoring a pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. to noon on Sunday at 1280 San Marco Road, Marco Island. Enjoy all you can eat pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee, juice and milk. $5, adults; $3, children under 12. Information: 331-0908 or 248-4576
Community School of Naples students will model fashions from Waterside Shops to raise money for the school’s financial aid program from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the pavilion at Waterside, 5415 U.S. 41 N., Naples. $100, reserved seating; $150, pre-show and champagne reception. Information: 598-1605 or 597-7575, ext. 211
Lunch for the arts
Support local arts in education when you eat at the new restaurant, Bravo!, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Mercato, 9110 Strada Place, Naples. The luncheon is being hosted by Myra Janco Daniels, founder and CEO of the Philharmonic Center for the Art. $15, advance reservations are required. Information: 514-0042
Relay for Life
A Rock ‘n’ Roll party will be held from 5:45 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Telford Center, 350 Seventh St. N., Naples as a kickoff for the 2010 Relay For Life of Naples. Anyone who wants to form a team or learn about the race should attend. Information: 261-0337, ext. 118
Handbag happy hour
Live and silent auctions of one-of-a-kind handbags to benefit Island Coast AIDS Network Inc. (ICAN) will be held at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort, Bonita Springs. $85, includes open bar, hors d’oeuvres, cigar terrace and auction. Information: 337-2391
* The Dan Conley Memorial tournament presented by Stock Development to benefit the YMCA of the Palms will be held at 8:15 a.m. Thursday at Hideout Golf Club, 3025 Brantley Blvd., Naples. $200. Information: 598-5177
* CREW Trust’s environmental education programs will benefit from the tournament at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 30 at the Quarry, 8950 Weathered Stone Drive, Naples. Registration is from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. $100. Information: 513-8016
* The Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce will host a tournament at 1 p.m. Oct. 30 at Raptor Bay Golf Club, 23001 Coconut Point Resort Drive, Bonita Springs. $150. Information: 992-2943
* Gulfshore Playhouse is sponsoring a tournament at 12;30 p.m. Nov. 9 at the Colony Golf and Bay Club, 3480 Pelican Colony Blvd., Bonita Springs. $375, per player. Information: 261-7529
* The HallowSwing tournament to benefit the Rally for the Cure and Partners for Breast Cancer will be held at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 31 at Spanish Wells Golf & Country Club, 9801 Treasure Cay Lane, Bonita Springs. Registration and contest begin at 7:30 a.m. $90. Information: 273-9901
* Literacy Volunteers of Collier County will host a golf scramble at 9 a.m. Oct. 31 at Quail West Golf and Country Club, 6289 Burnham Road, Naples. Games of skill will start at 8 a.m. $75. Information: 262-4448
* A tournament will be held at 9 a.m. Nov. 22 at the Golf Lodge at the Quarry, 8950 Weathered Stone Drive, Naples. Registration and breakfast start at 8 a.m. $125. Proceeds benefit the Heil Luthringer Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis Education. 595-7179 or 248-2644
* The Bayshore Cultural and Performing Arts Center Inc. will sponsor its Friendraising Event at 5 p.m. Nov. 1 at the home of William Noll to see the latest developments of the Bayshore Cultural District. $125. Information: BayshoreCAOACenter@comcastnet
* Love of Cats, a no-kill shelter on Marco Island, will sponsor the Hairball from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 8. The event features a Tuscan buffet, cash bar and a silent auction at the Marco Island Marriott Resort, 400 S. Collier Blvd., Marco Island. $90. Information: 642-8674
* The Sunshine Kids will benefit from the seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise from Jan. 31 through Feb. 7 out of Fort Lauderdale. Information: 261-1177, Preferred Travel of Naples.
* Catholic Charities needs food for Thanksgiving for families in Collier County. Drop off nonperishable food at 4209 U.S. 41 E., Naples. Information: 793-0069
* Helps Outreach needs canned soups, tuna fish, bags of rice and beans, and peanut butter and jelly for the holidays. Please bring items to 2025 J&C Blvd., Naples. Information: 593-3226
* Shy Wolf Sanctuary needs items for a yard sale to be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 14. Information: 273-0372 or 591-2979
* Youth Haven needs food for Thanksgiving to feed 1,600 children and family members. Leave canned food, beans, rice, potatoes, pasta, pie mixes, gift cards to local grocery stores and more from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays through Nov. 20 at 273 Airport-Pulling Road S., Naples.
* Volunteers are needed to “Adopt a Publix Store” for the holidays for the Harry Chapin Food Bank. Pick up of prepared bags of groceries in stores in Naples, Marco Island and Bonita Springs and deliver them to the Harry Chapin Food Bank. Information: 334-7007, ext. 32
* Volunteers are needed for two hours for a food packaging event at 9 or 11:30 a.m. Oct. 31 at Grace Place for Children and Families, 4300 21st Ave. SW, Naples. Volunteers are also asked to donate $30 to cover the cost of the products. Information: 455-2707
* Volunteers are needed to serve as child advocates for the Florida Guardian ad Litem Program. Volunteers take 30 hours of training and are then court appointed. The next training session will begin Nov. 3. Information: 860-0297
* Dr. John Berlie, an opthalmologist with the Montgomery Eye Center, volunteered to replace an amateur dancer in the Literacy Volunteers of Collier County’s fund raiser, Dancing with the Stars for Literacy. Berlie will learn the foxtrot in six weeks to compete with a professional dancer on Nov. 13 at the Naples Hilton Towers.
* The David Lawrence Center received a $91,334 grant to support the homeless population in Collier County who struggle with mental health and substance abuse problems. The grant was given by the United States Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration.
* Zonta Club of Naples raised more than $17,000 at its fashion show for the PACE Center and NATP.
Deadline for Benefits is 10 a.m. Tuesday. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Sheila Mesulam, Naples Daily News, 1100 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34110. All briefs are printed on a space-available basis. Follow Sheila at twitter.com/ndn_smesulam