Here is this week's People, Places and Things ...
Jim Chamberlain, a photographer, will be signing his artwork from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at World Market, 2415 Tarpon Bay Blvd., Naples. Information: 566-1239.
CHADD of Collier County will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday at the Physicians Regional Medical Center, 6101 Pine Ridge Road, physicians dining room, Naples. Memory issues and strategies to help will be discussed.
A discussion will be held to discuss coastal resilience at 7 p.m. Monday at the Norris Center, Cambier Park, 755 Eighth Ave., Naples. Free. Information: 263-0569
* The League of Women Voters of Collier County is sponsoring a “Going Green” panel presentation from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at the Hilton Naples & Towers, 5111 U.S. 41 N., Naples. Featured speakers will be Jennifer Languell, president of the Florida Green Building Coalition; Nicholas G. Penniman VI, past chair of the board of the Conservancy of Southwest Florida and Clark Hill, a member of the Tourist Development Council. This is a free program. Information: 263-4656
* Naples Press Club will present a panel discussion “Public Media in Transition” at 1 p.m. Friday at the Naples News Media building, 1100 Immokalee Road, Naples. The panelists are Rick Johnson, general manager of WGCU Public Media; Amy Tardif, WGCU-FM station manager and program director; and Luis Hernandez, WGCU-FM reporter and host of “Gulf Coast Live.” Jim McLaughlin, host of WGCU’s “Connect!” program will be the moderator. Free.
Coconut Point shopping center is sponsoring a “Halloween Bash” from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at 23106 Fashion Drive (off U.S. 41 between Corkscrew Road and Coconut Road), Estero. The event includes live entertainment and giveaways. Information: 992-9966
Sports card show
A sports card and memorabilia show will be held Friday, Oct. 31, and Nov. 1 at Coastland Center mall, 1900 U.S. 41 N., Naples. Information: 641-6604
Marco Island Sail & Power Squadron is sponsoring a free boating course on safety and basic seamanship from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9, 12, 16 and 18 at 1114 North Collier Blvd., Naples. Register from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 9. Information: 394-2344
New board members
* The Naples Music Club has announced the following board members for the 2009 and 2010 season: Marilyn Bogen, president; Jeannette Boucher, vice president; Dwight Richardson, secretary; Judy Halpin, treasurer; Karen Marcott, past president and consultant; Linda Cummings, Gene Fort, Cathy Frecker, Janet Grundeman, Robert Klein, Gunter Manchen, Susan Owens, Susan Sikuta, Marilyn Stanhope and Myra Williams, directors.
* Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida has announced the following new board of directors: Gail Webster, Shirley de Vries, Heidi Frederic, Heidi Colgate Tamblyn and Ron Scudder.
The Bonita Springs Historical Society needs vendors for a holiday bazaar to be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 5. Information: 390-2392
Achievements and accolades
* Logan Morton, son of Lisa and Mark Morton of Naples, achieved the rank of Eagle Scout at his court of honor held on Oct. 3. Morton is 16 and a member of Troop 165.
* Arden McCurdy is the Zonta Club of Bonita Springs 2009 Woman of the Year.
Deadline for People, Places and Things is 10 a.m. Wednesday. E-mail to email@example.com or mail to Sheila Mesulam, Naples Daily News, 1100 Immokalee Road, Naples, 34110. All briefs are printed on a space-available basis. Connect with Sheila Mesulam at www.naplesnews.com/staff/sheila_mesulam