Here is this week's news quiz:
1. Florida Shores Bancorp announced an agreement to acquire controlling interest in which bank having offices in Naples and Everglades City?
b. Bank of Naples
2. Which Collier County School Board member is retiring effective Jan. 1 due to health reasons?
a. Steve Donovan
b. Richard Calabrese
c. Pat Carroll
3. Which popular, award-winning local restaurant will sell franchises to expand its trademarked “Vine Dining”?
b. Naples Tomato
c. Blu Fusion
4. Which local hospital system is outsourcing its computer support service and laying off 66 employees?
a. Lee Memorial Health System
b. Physicians Regional, Pine Ridge
c. NCH Healthcare System
5. Which local university received a $1 million gift from the Backe Foundation Inc. for study of renewable energy?
a. Florida Gulf Coast
b. Ave Maria
6. The parking lot of which popular Collier County eatery was host to a classic car show fundraising event last Sunday?
a. Five Guys
c. Mel’s Diner
7. What kind of new weekend shuttle service was to begin Friday for the Naples Bay area?
8. The Coalition of Immokalee Workers picketed in front of which Naples supermarket, demanding the chain pay a penny more per pound for tomatoes?
a. Winn Dixie
9. A group of people from which profession staged a talent show at the Sugden Community Theatre in Naples to aid children?
10. What happened suddenly at the Stevie Tomato’s sports bar on Shirley Street in North Naples?
a. Miami Dolphins cheerleaders showed up for an impromptu pep rally
b. it closed
c. someone stole the giant replica Green Bay Packers helmet from the roof
* * *
Answers: 1. a; 2. b; 3. b; 4. c; 5. a; 6. c; 7. a; 8. c; 9. a; 10. b