Here is this week's FYI:
* The Paper Merchant has been enlarged at 3611 U.S. 41 N., Naples. Along with stationery and personalized gifts it now carries infant and toddler clothing and toys. Information: 261-5463 or 261-546
* Bruno, a new gift boutique owned by Bruno Dhaine, has opened at 1193 Third St. S., Naples. Information: 261-9806
* Tall Tales Bait & Tackle has opened at the Pavilion Shopping Center, 841 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples, calling itself a place to shop where fishermen work. The store sells tackle supplies, clothing, frozen bait and children’s fishing equipment. It arranges professional charter services and does rod and reel repair and rod rigging. Kitchen 845, in the same shopping center, will cook filleted catches. Visit from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sundays. Information: 325-8284
* The Wigglebutt Inn, a boutique-style dog boarding facility has opened at 5400 Jaeger Road, Naples. Cageless doggie day care, overnight boarding, dog parties, grooming and dog baths are available. Information: 592-9663
* Blue Willi’s at the Village on Venetian Bay, 4262 Gulf Shore Drive N., Naples, is having its semi-annual sale with merchandise reduced 40 percent to 70 percent. Information: 793-2583
* The Shelter for Abused Women & Children will benefit from a shopping event at Chico’s, at the Village on Venetian Bay, 4320 Gulf Shore Drive N., Naples, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday. Customers who mention they are “shopping for the Shelter” will get 10 percent off their purchase, which will be given to the shelter.
* Wallaby Trading Co., a family outfitter, is hosting a Jams World clothing trunk show from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bell Tower Shops, 13499 U.S. 41 S., Fort Myers. Paul Thomas of Jams World will be at the store from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Purchasers will receive a gift. Information: (239) 425-0880
* Marissa Collections will be hosting a Luciano Barbera Men’s Trunk Show Tuesday and Wednesday, a Nima spring trunk show and Boaz Kashi jewelry trunk show Thursday and Friday and a Christine A. Moore hat trunk show Sunday through Nov. 11 at 1167 Third St. S., Naples. Information: 415-0880
Knitting fashion show and workshops
Knitting with Nancy is sponsoring a Maggiknits fashion show from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 6 at 3804 U.S. 41 E., Naples. A workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 7 on the Spanish influences in Maggi’s new stitches. A wearable art workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 8. $10, fashion show; $100 per workshop; $175, fashion show and multiple workshops. Reservations are requested. Information: 793-8141
Buy a piece of Victoria MacKenzie-Childs jewelry at Zazou stores by Saturday and 10 percent of the purchase price will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Fund for Breast Cancer Research. Stores are at the Vanderbilt Collection, 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Hibiscus Center, 2950 U.S. 41 N., Naples, 594-8265; 1170 Third St. S., Naples, 436-3927; 2950 U.S. 41 N., Naples, 261-2882; and 24940 U.S. 41 S., Bonita Springs, 949-0217.
* Plato’s Closet, a store that sells gently used name brand clothing and accessories for teens has opened at 5369 Airport-Pulling Road, Naples. Information: 513-0134
* 2wice as Nice, an upscale clothing consignment boutique, has opened at 291 S. Collier Blvd., Marco Island. Information: 393-0227
Seventeen local artists will display and sell their art in store front spaces at the Esplanade, 760 N. Collier Blvd., Marco Island on Nov. 1.
Learn about stamps
If you are collector or just want to know about stamps go to Learnaboutstamps.com to link to different sources.
Indivijual Custom Eyewear — yes, that “j” is part of the name — is an online shop that fits frames to each individual face. For those who can’t find what they want off the shelf or want something made to their specifications, it is at www.indivijual.com
For your information
Do you know how far you have to count to find the letter A? If you answered one thousand you are correct.
* The Keys Boogie skydiving weekend will be held Nov. 5-8 in Marathon. Information: (772) 388-5672
* Corvette collectors and aficionados will have fun at the Corvettes in Paradise show on Nov. 7 at the Holiday Isle Resort, mile marker 84 oceanside, Islamorada. Information: (305) 872-9641
* Pedal through the Florida Keys during the 200 mile BubbaFest Bike Tour Nov. 7-14. Travel from Key Largo to Key West and back along U.S. Highway 1 that includes 42 bridges between islands and vistas of open water. $595, per rider, includes six nights of tent lodging at beach side campgrounds, seven breakfasts, five dinners, an open air trolley tour of Key West and social events.
Sheila Mesulam, email@example.com Connect with Sheila Mesulam at www.naplesnews.com/staff/sheila_mesulam