Here is spiritual news from across Southwest Florida:
Yard and bake sale
Cornerstone United Methodist Church will sponsor a yard and bake sale 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. The church is at 8200 Immokalee Road, Naples. Information: 354-9160
New worship venue
Kingdom Life Anglican Church will meet at 5 p.m. on Saturdays (starting today) at Community Congregational Church, 15300 U.S. 41 N., Naples. Information: www.KingdomLifeAnglicanChurch.org
Pauline Anderson will present a forum titled “Mental Health Solutions” at 9:15 a.m. Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Greater Naples. The congregation is at 6340 Napa Woods Way, Naples. Information: 455-6553
The Armenian Church of Southwest Florida will have Bardarak (Divine Liturgy) at 1 p.m. Sunday at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 9801 Bonita Beach Road, Bonita Springs. The Rev. Tateos Abdalian, mission parish director, will officiate. Information: 348-3804
Preparing for Christmas
St. John’s Episcopal Church is offering a three-part series on preparing for Christmas from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9 and Nov. 16, at 500 Park Shore Drive, Naples. Registration is required. Free. Information: 261-2355, ext. 4
St. Leo the Great Catholic Church is resuming its bingo games at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at 28290 Beaumont Road, Activity building, Bonita Springs. Information: 992-8214
Dessert and literary discussion
The Jewish Federation of Lee and Charlotte counties will host an evening of desserts and literary discussion with author Josh Lambert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Shadow Wood Country Club at the Brooks. The club is at 22801 Oakwilde Blvd., Bonita Springs. $10, in advance or at the door. Reservations are requested. Information: (239) 481-4449
St. Paul Orthodox Church now has Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. at 2425 Rivers Road (at Immokalee Road), Naples. Divine Liturgy services will also be observed at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays and will be followed by coffee and fellowship. Information: www.stpaulnaples.org
Dinner and a movie
Naples First Church of the Nazarene will sponsor a spaghetti dinner and the movie “Dinner with a Perfect Stranger” at 5 p.m. Nov. 7 at 3100 Bailey Lane, Naples. Proceeds will go to the Peru church-building fund. $5, per person; $15, per family; children under five eat free. Information: 263-2115
A Kristallnacht convocation and reception will be held at 2 p.m. Nov. 8 at Temple Shalom, 4630 Pine Ridge Road, Naples. The Rev. Lawrence E. Frizzell of Seton Hall University, chairman of the Department of Jewish-Christian Studies, will be the guest speaker. Kristallnact occurred on Nov. 9, 1938, when the Nazis broke windows and destroyed thousands of synagogues, Jewish businesses and homes. Admission free; reservations may be made by calling 263-4205. This event is co-sponsored by the Catholic/Jewish Dialogue of Collier County, community relations committee of the Jewish Federation of Collier County, the Diocese of Venice, the Holocaust Museum of Southwest Florida and Temple Shalom of Naples.
Moorings Presbyterian Church is sponsoring a fall brunch from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 8 at 717 Pitch Apple Lane, Pelican Bay, Naples. Casual attire. $65. Information: 261-1487
The eyes of his daughter
Ruth Bielski Ehrreich, daughter of Tuvia Bielski — one of the heroic Bielski brothers whose life was depicted in the movie “Defiance” — will speak at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 10 at Temple Shalom, 4630 Pine Ridge Road, Naples. The program is being sponsored by the Temple’s Sisterhood, Men’s Club and the Holocaust Museum of Southwest Florida. Information: 348-8713. A showing of the film will be at 7 p.m. Nov. 9 at Temple Shalom. $25, luncheon and speech; $5, film.
Presbyterian women’s gathering
The Presbyterian Women’s Gathering will be 11:30 a.m. Nov. 10 at Moorings Presbyterian Church, 791 Harbour Drive, Naples. Mary More of Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization will be the speaker. Reservations required by noon Friday. $5, at the door (a food item also requested). Information: 261-1487
Chabad Naples has launched the Sunshine Club to brighten the lives of local seniors. The volunteer program’s members baked challah on Thursday and distributed the bread to families in the community. Information: 261-0772
* First United Methodist Church will sponsor a Christmas bazaar 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 7 at 388 First Ave. S., Naples. Lunch will be available 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday for $9. The event features pecans, baked goods, candies, a white elephant room, Christmas room and a boutique room. Information: 262-1033
* Naples United Church of Christ will sponsor a Christmas bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 7 with crafts, a silent auction, linens, food and cookies at 3200 Crayton Road, Naples. Lunch will be available. Information: 597-8315 or 659-5312
* St. Peter the Apostle will sponsor a holiday bazaar from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 7 at 5130 Rattlesnake Hammock Road, Naples. Coffee and doughnuts will be served in the morning and lunch will start at 11:30 a.m. A farmer’s market will be featured, along with the sweet shop, arts and crafts, jewelry and religious items.
* Faith Lutheran Church will hold a holiday bazaar and bake sale 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 7 at 4150 Goodlette-Frank Road, Naples. Lunch will be available 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Information: 287-1101
* The Episcopal Church Women of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church will sponsor a bazaar featuring Christmas crafts, handmade gifts, jewelry and a treasure table 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 14 at 3901 Davis Blvd., Naples. The Unique Boutique, a women’s gently used clothing store, will hold an opening day sale of items available on a buy-one-get-one-at-half-price basis, and the farmer’s market will be open 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 14.
* A bazaar will be held 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 15 at the St. William Parish Hall, 750 Seagate Drive, Naples. The bazaar is sponsored by the Council of Catholic Women and will benefit artisans from around the world and the Sunlight Home. Information: 352-0837
* The United Church of Marco Island is sponsoring a Christmas bazaar 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 14 at 320 N. Barfield Drive, Marco Island. The event features handcrafted Christmas items, kitchen and boutique items, decorated table trees, wreaths, a bakery and holiday cheese balls. Lunch will be available.
* Vanderbilt Presbyterian Church will be sponsoring a holiday bazaar 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 14 at 1225 Piper Blvd., Naples. Handmade teddy bears, artisan crafts, jewelry, baked good, fresh pecans and used books will be part of the event. Information; 597-5410
* Trinity-by-the-Cove Christmas bazaar will be 9 a.m. to 1: 30 p.m. Nov. 14 at 553 Galleon Drive, Naples. The event features gourmet food, designer jewelry by a local artist, cookbooks, affordable clothing for adults and children, stocking stuffers, hostess gifts and an eclectic collection of treasures and trinkets.
Deadline for Spiritual Briefs is 10 a.m. Thursday. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 403-6138 or mail to Sheila Mesulam, Naples Daily News, 1100 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34110. All briefs are printed on a space-available basis. Follow Sheila Mesulam at twitter.com/ndn_smesulam