Here is this week's news quiz:
1. Which Southwest Florida sanctuary has been placed on the prestigious list of Wetlands of International Importance?
a. Rookery Bay Reserve
b. Big Cypress National Preserve
c. Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
2. William Clark, a regular customer at which Naples restaurant, celebrated his 100th birthday there?
a. Mel’s Diner
b. The Clock
c. Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
3. The members of which North Naples community will purchase their golf club from the Bonita Bay Group?
b. The Strand
c. Victoria Park
4. Which two area high school football teams met last Friday night for their much-anticipated annual rivalry game?
a. Lely and Fort Myers
b. Estero and Immokalee
c. Naples and Barron Collier
5. A student from which area university won $100 from a Web site for her story of “leftist abuse” in one class?
a. Florida Gulf Coast
c. Ave Maria
6. Which former House of Representatives member came to Barnes & Noble in Naples to promote his new book, “To Try Men’s Souls”?
a. Thomas Foley
b. Newt Gingrich
c. Wes Watkins
7. Pine Ridge Middle School received a grant to turn a science classroom into what kind of laboratory?
a. disease control and prevention
b. ecology and environment
c. crime scene investigation
8. The Economic Development Council of Collier County hosted its first trade mission last week with nine companies from which Central American country?
a. Costa Rica
9. Palmetto Ridge High School’s stadium was the host for which state competition last Saturday?
a. cheerleading and dance
b. student science fair
c. battle of the marching bands
10. President Barack Obama came to Southwest Florida to visit which facility near Arcadia?
a. Crawley Museum & Nature Center
b. Rodeo grounds
c. Next Generation Solar Energy Center
Answers: 1. c; 2. b; 3. a; 4. c; 5. a; 6. b; 7. c; 8. a; 9. c; 10. c