Formal charges of soliciting sex for services filed against Marco doctor

Andrew Guidry

Collier County Sheriff's Office

Andrew Guidry

— The State Attorney's Office has formally filed charges against a 46-year-old Marco Island doctor accused of soliciting sex for a medical procedure.

However, Dr. Andrew Guidry's defense attorney is confident he will prove his innocence.

Guidry was arraigned today before Collier County Judge Michael Provost, eight days after the State Attorney's Office filed a notice of information, showing it intends to proceed with the case. Guidry, who lives in Naples and has another office in East Naples, entered a not-guilty plea last month.

“I am optimistic that once the state is able to review all of the evidence -- not just what has been provided by the alleged victim -- the state will agree to an appropriate resolution," defense attorney Jerry Berry of Naples said today. "If it can’t be resolved then Dr. Guidry is confident that after six intelligent and reasonable citizens hear all of the facts, he will be acquitted.”

On July 20, Marco Island police charged Guidry, a former Marco Island City Council candidate, with soliciting prostitution, a misdemeanor. He has no criminal record, except a 2009 misdemeanor domestic battery charge the State Attorney’s Office dropped in July; his medical license also shows no discipline.

The new charge, a second-degree misdemeanor, is punishable by up to 60 days in county jail and a $500 fine.

The charge involves a 24-year-old Naples woman whose name is being withheld due to the sexual nature of the case. Guidry was her childhood doctor and they remained friends over the years, even going to a wedding together.

She’d seen Guidry for an exam earlier this year and told police he tried to fondle her breasts and attempted to unzip her pants during an exam. She called him again in June to arrange to remove her Implanon, a birth control device in her arm.

She told police it was clear he scheduled an after-hours appointment on July 9 so they could be alone to have sex as payment. When she said she preferred to pay, he got mad and told her the cost, normally a $300 procedure. She contacted police and agreed to a taped phone call.

In it, police reports show, he told her about two sexual positions he hoped to perform and she asked if they were discussing a payment. He said: "Yeah, we are talking about making sure that you’re fully compensated and I’m fully compensated."

Berry has said the taped conversation was just Guidry joking with the woman, as he often did, and he'd even asked two others to listen to the conversation.

© 2009 marconews.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

silverback writes:

Gross

Montel writes:

what a shame

jimbo46marco writes:

She went to the wedding with him...Marco News reported they slept together. Shortly thereafter he marries someone else and she leaves town for four years...she comes back and sets him up...this should make for an interesting trial...maybe even a television show some day.

Not guilty until convicted.

OldMarcoMan writes:

Caught with his 'hand' in the Cookie Jar.
Man up Doc and take your punishment.

marcolies writes:

she has not filed any law suits against Guidry so why is everyone acting like this is about money?

If this had been your daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece would you believe her? Would you stick up for her? Would you fight against the man who violated her? Because that is exactly what this girl deserves. She deserves for the community to stick up for her. She did the right thing and went to the police. I hope that all the others he violated do the same thing!

marcolies writes:

First of all she could have filed a laws suit at any time she doesn't need to wait until the criminal case is over. You dont know that it is that girl and you have no right to put her name out like this. Is it safe to assume you went to high school with this person since you seem to think you know her so well? Your a sick person to stand up for such a slime bag like Guidry. There have been tons of rumors about hm doing things like this for years! She is not his only victim! I even heard that he has been spreading vicious lies that are so far from the truth it's disgusting. His poor lawyer is going to be humiliated when he finds out that his client has already perjured himself.

hassomesenseofmorality writes:

Something I wrote? I know it is. I can't believe this. It's ridiculus and an overeaction...to quote someone. For everyone on the sidelines nobody is innocent here. I was invited into this a year ago with best intentions and have watched a tragic soap-opera.
Every party here needs some sort of therapy, including me. Unfortunately, I am the only one who will follow through. I'm sorry for this whole embarrassing circus, I feel responsible to a degree, I tried to help one of the parties and I am the one seeking help. I am the only one embarrassed by this. I guess I was brought up right. I got my mouth rinsed with soap and the belt when I did wrong. Someone else should have.
What happenned to values and morality.

I used to believe in love...never again. The world has changed. Nothing but swingers in swfl.

marcolies writes:

in response to hassomesenseofmorality:

What happenned to values and morality.

Your nothng but a sick and twisted person. You think you know or knew the people involved. But I know who you are. I'm friends with a certain party and know all about what you did. Boy, you really are a sick and twisted person. "Tried to help a certain party" are you kidding? By what stalking them? "Used to believe in love...never again." What a fricking joke! You actually think you were in love with her, you were just obsessed. She wanted nothing to do with you and now you want revenge! And for you to think you have some sort of warped sense of values or morality now that is seriously disturbing!