Snowfest brings cool fun to Naples
The 25th annual event draws a crowd
GOLDEN GATE — From sled rides to snowballs kids took in both the snow and the Florida sunshine at Snowfest on Saturday. For many it was a first-time experience playing in the snow.
"A lot of kids that are born in Florida...they have never seen snow," said Annie Alvarez, regional manager for Collier County Parks and Recreation Department. "This is a great opportunity to do something different."
This year marks the 25th anniversary for the annual event put on by the Collier County Parks and Recreation Department.
Staff expected around 15,000 people to come to Golden Gate Community Park to enjoy the 100 tons of snow. There was also live entertainment, carnival games, rides, food and photo opportunities with Santa Claus.
- Check out this list of restaurants open on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day in Naples
- David Sedaris play "The Santaland Diaries" offers a stocking full of goodies in Fort Myers
- Looking for something to do? Search our list of Holiday events
- Submit your holiday events to our interactive calendar
- Going out this holiday season? Share your photos from all the events around town with us!
- Wish Lists: Local charities offer up their wish lists to the community
- Naples Bay Christmas Boat Parade
- Your Photos: Naples Bay Christmas Boat Parade
- 2010 Bonita Springs Holiday Boat Parade
- Isles of Capri Holiday Boat Parade 2010
- Marco Island's Joy of Giving 2010
- Marco Island Christmas Street Parade 2010
- Christmas Walk and Avenue of Lights on Fifth Avenue South
- Flesher Farm Christmas display 2010
- Third Street South Festival of Lights
- Your Photos: Third Street South Festival of Lights
- Bayfront Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony
- Two-story gingerbread house at The Ritz-Carlton