801 Laurel Oak Drive
2420 Vanderbilt Beach Road
NAPLES — Collier County deputies believe the same man, who was suspected of placing a skimming device on an ATM at a North Naples bank, has struck again.
This time a skimmer was placed at the SunTrust Bank located at 801 Laurel Oak Drive, North Naples, on Nov. 27 and again on Dec. 12.
In the first incident, deputies say a skimmer was placed on an ATM at the SunTrust Bank, 2420 Vanderbilt Beach Road, on Nov. 14. Several customers subsequently reported the fraudulent use of their debit card numbers on the east coast of Florida.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for help in identifying the man and has released these additional images of the suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 239-252-9300, or if you wish to remain anonymous, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
CCSO offers these tips when using an ATM:
1. Observe the ATM you are using. Don’t use it if you see something that looks out of the ordinary, such as wiring or an odd looking or loose card reader.
2. Use the same ATM as much as possible. If you do this you will be familiar with the ATM and be able to spot it if someone has tampered with the machine.
3. Be cautious if you see signs or stickers on the ATM that instruct you to "scan here first" or "no tampering". These are generally placed on the machine by the perpetrator to divert your attention from the new piece of equipment.
4. Do not use the machine if someone offers to help you with your transaction. Criminals who install skimmers often pose as another customer or technician working on the machine to assist users with their transactions.
5. Be wary of a jammed ATM machine that forces customers to use another ATM that has a skimmer attached.