Fire closes Marco McDonald's

The Marco Island Fire Department responds to a fire at McDonalds Friday.

Photo by Mike Murphy, submitted

The Marco Island Fire Department responds to a fire at McDonalds Friday.

McDonald's - Collier Blvd.

15291 Collier Blvd, Naples, FL

The Marco Island Fire-Rescue Department was dispatched to McDonald's on Collier Boulevard at 5 p.m., today, according to a press release issued by city Information Services Manager Lisa M. Douglass.

Officials believe the blaze was a grease fire.

According to the press release, the Fire Marshal is working to reach the Health Department and notify them of the fire.

The restaurant will be closed tonight.

© 2010 marconews.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

shellcrafter writes:

This McDonalds has serious problems! I have never been to a worse McDonalds anywhere! I understand it went under new management about 6 months ago. There are serious issues with the hired help! In January I blamed the slow service on the fact that it was just the busy season. But after Easter in April it was WORSE! It took us 45 min and 3 send backs of our Angus burgers for them to almost get it right! There is no excuse for that. The place also looked like a war zone! The kitchen was a mess and many things like condiments and straws were out of stock! Now the fire! I think someone from the corporation needs to evaluate what's going on!

OldMarcoMan writes:

Your 100% correct!!!
I'm suprise you got out so fast! Only 45 Min and three send backs???
The last time I was went there they messed up a Fried Pie...a Fried PIE !!!

Brillo writes:

This Micky D's looks like a training zone for much of its help. The problem is that the training is not doing any good. I feel like I am in Never Never Land when asking for an item. If we keep up the not necessary to learn English all franchises will look like this.

GBR writes:

in response to rolomokat:

For the 99 cent menu.......why else?

I know the food is bad, the place is filthy and the help is terrible, but did I mention only 99 cents?

;-)

heretoooolong writes:

fake food is pretty cheap

u2cane writes:

Question is 99 cents now, how much is that dr. bill gonna cost later? Is 99 cents now worth 10 less years on your life?

Carlos1972 writes:

I have also had my fair share of bad service here. Someone needs to call corparate. Some of these folks don't deserve to be employed.

multi_million_heir writes:

I recall a bullet hole in the pick up window a little while back. Service must have been really bad!