CAPE CORAL — Cape Coral Hospital officials said Wednesday morning that Mindy McCready is no longer listed in the hospital’s directory, but according to her mother Gayle Inge, her daughter is not only an in-patient but she is very sick.
McCready, a platinum-selling country music artist, was rushed to the hospital at 10:38 a.m. Tuesday after her mother made a panicked 911 call. She was listed in good condition Tuesday.
Hospital officials said she is no longer in the directory, but Inge said she is still a patient.
“I only can tell you that Mindy is really sick,” Inge said.
Inge dialed 911 early Tuesday after McCready, 34, came in and out of consciousness. She told dispatchers that her daughter was breathing normally but said McCready was experiencing an apparent drug overdose.
“I know she took Darvocet and she said something about a muscle relaxer but I don’t see that anywhere,” said Inge in the 911 call. “There was a lot of Darvocet in that bottle. I didn’t realize how many pills she took.”
Although Inge first believed McCready had overdosed on Darvocet, a narcotic painkiller, her mother now says she was mistaken.
“I said that myself because I thought the bottle was empty,” she said. “That (Darvocet) wasn’t found in her system.”
Inge said her daughter will remain in the hospital for a few days longer and she is planning to address the media on McCready’s condition.
“There is a diagnosis at this point,” she said.
McCready was believe to be in Lee County attending a legal hearing for the custody of her child, who’s currently under Inge’s care.