Eleven of the 70 lots up for auction Saturday when the 2011 Naples Winter Wine Festival raises money for charity:
Auction Lot No. 10: London Calling
This includes nine nights in London for the 2012 Olympic Games from July 23-Aug. 1, 2012; travel and luxury accommodations; four tickets to the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympic Games on July 27, 2012; tickets for five Olympic events, and more.
Auction Lot No. 14: This ’56 Vette Is A Sure Bet
Highlight is a fully restored, 1956 Corvette Convertible in Venetian Red. The car is shipped to Napa Valley, Calif., for a drive through the valley and shipped back to the winner’s home; travel, tours and accommodations, and more.
Auction Lot No. 16: Are You Smart Enough to Pick the Big Apple?
This includes six nights’ accommodations on Fifth Avenue; VIP tickets to a taping of “LIVE! with Regis & Kelly”; lunch with Regis Philbin and Michael Gelman; a special fitness class with Kelly Ripa at her gym; tickets to a New York Yankees game; Broadway tickets; private magic lessons with magician David Blaine, and more.
Auction Lot No. 28: Italian Stallion
Highlight is a 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia Sports Coupe, named “Car of the Year” by BBC’s Top Gear Magazine, and it has a new 4,500 cc V-8 engine with 560 horsepower.
Auction Lot No. 31: Perfection
Perfection is 100 bottles of wine that each rated a perfect 100 points on the 100-point scale used by The Wine Advocate or Wine Spectator. This lot is a first for this or any wine auction in the world. Wine from five decades is represented, from the 1955 La Mission-Haut Brion to eight wines from the 2007 vintage.
Auction Lot No. 38: You Won’t Be Sorry on this Safari!
A six-night Kenyan Safari at three private game reserves; travel and accommodations.
Auction Lot No. 42: She Is One Beautiful, Bronzed Babe
A bronze sculpture by Spanish artist Manolo Valdés titled, Reina Mariana, and more. The Wine Festival’s featured artist this year created the piece.
Auction Lot No. 44: Thai One On in Cambodia and Vietnam
Nineteen nights in Vietnam and Thailand from Dec. 4-23. In Hoi An, Vietnam, six nights’ accommodations in a three-bedroom beachfront pool villa. In Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam, five nights’ accommodations in beach pool villas at Six Senses Hideaway on Ninh Van Bay. Then from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Bangkok, Thailand, for a seven-night expedition cruise.
Auction Lot No. 47: Yes We Cannes See The Grand Prix!
Eleven-night southern France extravaganza from May 19-30. Attendance in the South of France at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival; an 18-karat rose gold ladies timepiece, with 2.27 carats of diamonds, lotus-shaped amethysts and a rose gold link bracelet; a rose gold automatic movement chronograph men’s timepiece; a special viewing location for the 69th Monaco Grand Prix, and more.
Auction Lot No. 56: You’ve Got a Date to Circumnavigate
Twenty-two days aboard a 52-passenger private jet for an Around the World tour from Oct. 9-30. Trip will depart from Los Angeles and travel to Viti Levu Island in Fiji; Melbourne, Australia; Kuching, Borneo (Malaysia); Kochi, Kerala, India; Masai Mara, Kenya; Istanbul, Turkey; Lisbon, Portugal, and end in Boston.
Auction Lot No. 67: The Emmy’s, Hollywood, Los Angeles and Vegas—You’ll be a Star and Live Like One Too!
A seven-night Los Angeles and Las Vegas trip from Sept. 14-21. In Los Angeles, four tickets to the 63rd Emmy Awards on Sept. 18; two walk-on roles for Emmy-winning series, “Californication” starring David Duchovny; tickets to a Los Angeles Dodgers game; shopping trips, accommodations and travel, and more.
2011 NAPLES WINTER WINE FESTIVAL
- Video: 2011 Wine Festival auction
- Video: Perfectly Paired
- Video: Wine dinner of tropical splendor
- Video: Study shows needs of local children
- Video: Preparations for a wine dinner
- Photo Gallery: Wine Festival Auction Action
- Photo Gallery: Wine Festival Pre-Auction Gala
- Photo Gallery: Wine Festival vintner dinner at the Evanstad home
- Photo Gallery: Wine Festival Vintner Dinner at Lund's Home
- Photo Gallery: The perfect home for the perfect wine
- Photo Gallery: Naples Winter Wine Festival Meet the Kids Day 2011
- Photo Gallery: Wine Festival Auction Lots
- Photo Gallery: Preparation for Wine Festival Vintner Dinner
- Photo Gallery: TutorCorps breaks cycle of poverty through education
- Photo Gallery: Inside the Lutgert kitchen for Wine Festival
- Photo Gallery: Spanish sculptor donates bronze sculpture for wine festival
- Photo Gallery: Naples Children and Education Foundation updates child well-being study
- Photo Gallery: ABLE Academy gives critical developmental help
- Winter Wine festival auction raises $12 million for kids’ charities
- Naples couple tops auction bidding at $1 million for sculpture
- What the wine festival auction lots were sold for
- Live Blog from the Auction: 2011 Naples Wine Festival totals $12 million for kids' charities
- Lavish dinners, children’s event pop cork on 2011 Naples Wine Festival
- Kids in need: Bay Colony home hosts Wine Festival dinner in 'tropical splendor'
- Kids in need: Taste of Oregon comes to Port Royal for lavish Wine Festival dinner
- The perfect cabinet for perfect bottles
- In pursuit of perfection: Wine seller and writer Bruce Nichols helps put together the ultimate wine lot
- Kids in need: Wine Festival enriches YMCA programs by $2.3 million
- Kids in need: YMCA of the Palms staff works with Naples Children & Education Foundation
- VIDEO/PHOTOS: A red 'Vette, a safari and Regis among wine auction lots
- Kids in need: Foster care numbers rise in Collier, but some singing success - AUDIO: MONIQUE SINGS
- Kids in need: Tutor Corps uses student tutors to help get other kids ready for college
- Kids in need: Half of food bank meals in Collier go to kids, enter Lunch Boxes of Love
- Kids in need: Child sexual abuse increasing in Collier, agencies step in to help
- Kids in need: Naples wine festival a sign economy is recovering?
- Kids in need: Bruce and Cynthia Sherman chair 2011 Naples charity wine festival
- VIDEO/PHOTOS Study: Collier population of kids booming, their lives improving
- From cozy to haute cuisine: The Lutgert home kitchen was built to satisfy family and vintner dinners
- No longer locked inside: Dylan Chatham gets critical help from Naples Children and Education Foundation
- Kids in need: Wine Festival sponsors win Edison college community service award