By Daily News staff
1. Which police department offers a new online map available to citizens that tracks the location and frequency of police calls?
a. Marco Island
c. Bonita Springs
2. Collier County commissioners approved the 2012 maximum tax rate for the county’s general fund to go into effect Oct. 1. The rate will:
a. remain the same
b. be raised
c. be reduced
3. The Wall That Heals, a half-size replica of a Washington, D.C., memorial honoring veterans of which war, will be on display in December?
a. World War II
4. Because of congressional budget cuts, which government offices in Naples, Fort Myers and Port Charlotte were to reduce public hours?
a. Social Security Department
b. Department of the Lottery
c. Department of Health Administration
5. Which large department store will hold job fairs in August before opening its new store in September at Miromar Outlets in Estero?
c. Neiman Marcus
6. John Sheppard, 79, of Fort Myers became the Guinness Book record holder last week for what?
a. pogo stick jumping
b. holding his breath under water
c. donating his 315th pint of blood
7. A new military museum is planned at:
a. Naples Municipal Airport
b. Coastland Center
c. Naples City Hall
8. Some workers at the Florida Department of Transportation are being trained and sworn in to work with:
a. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
b. Florida Highway Patrol
c. Collier County Sheriff’s Office
9. Who is NOT coming to the Naples Philharmonic this season?
a. Barbra Streisand
b. Huey Lewis
c. Liza Minelli
10. Which local sheriff has drawn political opponents for re-election?
a. Kevin Rambosk
b. Don Hunter
c. Mike Scott
Answers: 1. b; 2. a; 3. c; 4. a; 5. a; 6. c; 7. a; 8. b; 9. a; 10 c