Our cities, states, country and world face daunting and critical challenges that will not be resolved by reliance on the public sector and the status quo. The need for private sector leadership has never been greater, and the third annual Imagine Solutions Conference, scheduled for March 12 and 13, 2012, at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples, has been designed to give these leaders the opportunity to learn, connect and act to build a better America.
A thought leader conference similar to TED and the Aspen Ideas Festival, Imagine Solutions brings about 40 world-caliber thinkers on today’s most important issues to an audience of accomplished leaders in the business, education and non-profit arenas. Economist Niall Ferguson, Educator Wendy Kopp and Social Entrepreneur Paul Rieckhoff are among the 97 stellar speakers who appeared in the Conference’s first two years.
But the Imagine Solutions Conference takes the process a step further — inspiring and urging those who attend to take action on what they have heard. An eighth-grade curriculum, a healthcare cost task force, and funding and counsel for speaker programs are among the many outcomes of their work.
For 2012, the Conference has designated a timely and gripping theme: "America at the Tipping Point." By exploring 10 of our country’s most important challenges, Imagine Solutions will help each of us to understand our situation, and to help design a way forward.
Planned topics include:
- America’s New Global Reality: A discussion by experts on Mideast, China and India about America’s role in a changing world. Among those scheduled to present is the Executive Vice President of the Asia Society.
- The Information Revolution: A panel presentation of changes in how we receive information and what it means to the future. Anchored by a senior adviser to the president of the Knight Foundation, this group is slated to include the founder of MarketWatch and a trustee of the Newseum.
- It’s the Economy: Economic panel focusing on impact of the debt. This session is tentatively scheduled as a group assembled and moderated by CNBC’s Tyler Mathisen.
- Making Kids Competitive: Educational approaches to improve student achievement and access. Among those presenting is Shai Reshef, founder of the world’s first international, on-line, tuition-free university.
- The Pioneer Spirit: Breakthrough innovations across several fields. Stanford Artificial Intelligence expert and creator of Google’s driverless car Sebastian Thrun is expected to be one of the speakers.
- Greening the Future: Strategies in Energy and Environment for a sustainable country. Harvard’s Rebecca Henderson is a featured presenter for this topic.
- American Spirit: Americans helping others in creative ways. Social entrepreneur Craig Keilburger, who founded "Free The Children," will help to explore this area.
- Inspirational Science: Remarkable advances in Science and Technology. This topic will consist of a one-hour program developed by PBS’s "NOVA.’’
- The American Psyche: The decline of optimism, the rise of partisanship, and what can reverse them. An examination of research and perspectives on how to build America confidence is the foundation of this presentation.
Attendees of earlier Imagine Solutions Conferences have called it "a four-year liberal arts education in two days" and "a sonic boom for Naples."
Speakers agree. "My mind is still spinning and I like it," said one. "The breadth of discourse was astonishing," added another.
National corporate sponsors, which have included CVS/Caremark, GE, Chevrolet, HP, the Knight Foundation, FedEx, National Geographic, and Harvard Business Review, also have been impressed, calling the speakers "thought-provoking" and describing their experience as "enriching."
In addition to providing intriguing and inspirational information to the citizens of Southwest Florida and beyond, the Imagine Solutions Conference is supporting the movement to find sustainable and systemic solutions to our greatest challenges.
Won’t you join us – and become part of the solution?
The Imagine Solutions Conference is hosted by the Searching for Solutions Institute, Inc., a non-profit public foundation created in 2007 to enable exceptional leaders to leverage their capabilities to build a better America.
For additional information or to register for the Imagine Solutions Conference, please visit www.ImagineSolutionsConference.org or call Beth Oliver at (239) 216-4228.