Late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories of interest:
1. TODAY'S ELECTION TO ANSWER SEVERAL QUESTIONS: It's primary election day and months of campaigning will end with more losers than winners.
2. SNAKE'S ALIVE — AND PREGNANT! The biggest Burmese python ever caught in Florida — 17 feet, 7 inches long and 164½ pounds — was found in Everglades National Park, the University of Florida said Monday.
3. AMERICANS CARRY MORE CREDIT CARD DEBT THAN LAST YEAR. The analysis also shows little change in how many card holders are paying their bills on time.
4. WHAT SPENDING CUTS WILL MEAN TO THE AVERAGE AMERICAN. In addition to less money for the military, some air traffic controllers, border guards and FBI agents may be out of a job come January.
5. OBAMA NOW HAS A FACE FOR HIS ATTACKS ON HOUSE REPUBLICANS. The president says, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney's new running mate embodies spirit of the "do-nothing Congress."
6. EVICTION NOTICE, THEN A FATAL SHOOTING. Texas constable serving notice is killed along with the shooter and another person living near the Texas A&M campus.
7. FIRST LADY GOES AFTER LENO AND GABBY DOUGLAS FOR FAST-FOOD HABITS. The talk show host and Olympic gold-medal gymnast were both gently scolded by Michelle Obama for not setting the right dietary example.
8. THE ORIGINAL 'CARRIE BRADSHAW' LEAVES A LEGACY BEHIND, DIES AT 90. Helen Gurley Brown not only gave us "Sex and the Single Girl" in 1962 and overhauled Cosmopolitan, she also inspired women including the magazine's current editor, Kate White.
9. GAME CHANGERS FOR F-BOMB, SEXTING: MERRIAM-WEBSTER LISTINGS. If reading the dictionary in a man cave is on your bucket list, grab a craft beer and e-reader to check out the annual update.
10. GOVS. SCOTT, PERRY GO FISHING OFF FLORIDA: Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Texas Gov. Rick Perry competed in fishing on Monday but said they are on the same team when it comes to the nation's presidential contest.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.