Florida toddler burned by flames from barbeque grill

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — Officials say a 3-year-old boy was badly burned while his father was trying to light a barbeque grill outside their South Florida home.

Hollywood police spokeswoman Diana Pereira says the child suffered burned to his face, neck and arms. The incident happened about 8 p.m. Wednesday.

The child was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood with third degree burns.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports neighbor Fred Pavao heard the child's screams and ran outside. He says the boy's mother told him the child burned himself on the grill.

The child's name was not immediately available.

  • Discuss
  • Print

Comments » 0

Be the first to post a comment!

Share your thoughts

Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.

Comments can be shared on Facebook and Yahoo!. Add both options by connecting your profiles.

Features