Quinnipiac poll: Obama ahead of Romney, Santorum in Fla.

Who gets your vote for President?

See the results »

View previous polls »

Barack Obama would beat his top opponents in Florida and Ohio if the election were today, a new poll showed Wednesday.

The president tops Mitt Romney by 7 percentage points and Rick Santorum by 13 in Florida, the strongest Obama advantage in this election cycle, pollsters at Quinnipiac University said.

The numbers bode well for the president in two must-win states. Results from a third swing state, Pennsylvania, were too close to call between Obama and Romney. But Obama leads Santorum, a former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania, 48-41 percent on his home turf.

“For Obama, it’s a positive,” said Peter Bergerson, a professor of public affairs at Florida Gulf Coast University in Estero. “More importantly, though, the election is a long way off.”

The three states, and their 67 electoral votes, likely hold the keys to the White House, he said. Obama carried all of them in 2008.

Ohio voters favor Obama by 6 percentage points over Romney and 7 percentage points over Santorum, the poll shows. Its margin of error is 2.8 percent.

In Florida, most voters disapprove of the Republican governor, Rick Scott, whose approval rating is up from last year but still at 36 percent, according to the poll, conducted through interviews with 3,706 voters last week.

But around 57 percent of those polled believe the economy is improving, which may be a reason for the president’s uptick, said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute in Connecticut.

“Moreover, voters blame the oil companies and oil-producing countries for the rise in gasoline prices, and only about one in six voters blame them on President Obama,” Brown said in a statement.

On Tuesday, a Reuters/Ipsos poll suggested the same — that most Americans don’t blame the president for gas prices. But that poll showed 68 percent disapproved of how he was handling the high prices.

Another boost for Obama may be the vicious GOP primary struggle, lately dominated by Romney, the former Massachusetts governor.

“The Republicans are at the end of a very contentious, bitter intraparty conflict,” Bergerson said.

Just two months ago, Obama and Romney were statistically tied in Florida and Ohio, Brown said.

Democrats in Southwest Florida rejoiced at the news Wednesday. For Chuck Mohlke of the Collier County Democratic Party, imminent resolution of the GOP primary gives voters a clearer picture of the general election.

“It represents, from my point of view, a voter assessment that there is a growing sentiment that favors the president and his programs and policies,” Mohlke said.

But Republicans weren’t alarmed.

Frank Schwerin, the chairman of the Collier County Republican Executive Committee, doesn’t see a groundswell of support for the administration. Instead, he called it “one isolated blip.”

He pointed out that the poll comes as Obama’s proudest accomplishment, the Affordable Care Act, stands trial in the U.S. Supreme Court and gas prices remain around $4 a gallon.

“It’s just trying to make news,” Schwerin said. “These polls are up and down so much.”

© 2012 marconews.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Discuss
  • Print

Related Stories

Comments » 85

happy6 writes:

now this is scary...if we have to live with obama another 4 years it will be a disaster...he has sold the country down the drain so far and another four years he will flush it.

ajm3s writes:

I'll wait for the November poll, the one where they actually read the ballot and tally the vote.

My prediction: Romney by 9% (popular vote), and a replay of 1980. There are just so many similarities. Although, I believe the electoral vote will not be as great a differential.

Although, it is an eternity between now and then. So the margin of error is .......

RayPray writes:

in response to ajm3s:

I'll wait for the November poll, the one where they actually read the ballot and tally the vote.

My prediction: Romney by 9% (popular vote), and a replay of 1980. There are just so many similarities. Although, I believe the electoral vote will not be as great a differential.

Although, it is an eternity between now and then. So the margin of error is .......

"a replay of 1980. There are just so many similarities."

>>> Central non-similarity being absence of popular real-guy Reagan and presence of zero-integrity Ken-Doll Romney....

>>> Ever hard to beat even half-somebody with nobody.

>>> Hope & change may have faded. But if team Obama can sober up its food stamp & government union constituency long enough to wobble to the polls, Barak will win over anemic Repub ticket.

26yearsonmarco writes:

To Klaus and RayPray:

Please watch this vidoe and make your comments, because these are the people who will reelect Obama.

http://www.safeshare.tv/v/fJuNgBkloFE

26yearsonmarco writes:

Also, I urge all voters, regardless of Party to watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=...

It speaks for itself.

RayNetherwood writes:

Klaus, you disappoint. We can't take any more of the panderer-in-chief. Other than flying around in AF One, he's a dismal failure. The suit is emptier than it appeared to be. Sad.

RayPray writes:

in response to 26yearsonmarco:

Also, I urge all voters, regardless of Party to watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=...

It speaks for itself.

GOP had a golden opportunity to take control of all 3 federal branches this year.

However, blowing it with pitiful candidates like Connie 1/2-Mack and Ken-Doll Romney, and this silly Obama Muslin stuff.

Problem is not that Obama is a Muslim. He is not. Consider all those years he snoozed thru Oprah-style Baptist sermons of Rev. Wright....

Problem is Obama & Pelosi are agnostic statists, wet dreaming of controlling every facet of your life.

Islam is a gutter religion.

But the other organized creeds are little better, rank with high priest palterers and sodomite con artists.

Romney is a Mormon, in everything but name an American offshoot of Mohammedanism. Do you know what these Saints believe?

In truth it is Mormon Bishop Romney more than Barak & Pelosi who is the real Muslim running today.

RayPray writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

"America needs a President with dignity and integrity. A President delivering more answers than questions."

>>> True! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_K...

"America needs a President, born and race in a real American city like Chicago.""

>>> Obama was born in Honolulu

"Great President Obama is the best opportunity America has."

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq698x...

August8 writes:

If you give any attention to a poll conducted prior to the GOP Nomination, you don't know what your doing, Florida will never go to Obama, bet you the house !!!
Obama, the guy who leaped over Carter for the distiction of being the biggest failure ---Ever-

26yearsonmarco writes:

I see regular gas is at $4.10 today.

All Obama fans need to read this story:

http://www.worldnewstribune.com/2012/...

MarcoDefender writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

Stoerte - At first I thought you were kidding, but now it appears you're pretty serious.

Do you not recall that Clinton was impeached while in office, for perjury. You're right, America does need a president with dignity and integrity, but by the record of facts, it's certainly not Clinton or any recent Democrat.

We through with democratic opportunity, it's only getting us in more debt. Pretty soon we'll be in the same situation as Greece, is that really what you want? No I'm not telling you that Republicans are the answer, but they are much better than the current problem, called Obama and a democratic senate.

Please, breathe for minute and put the kool-aid cup down.

In the meantime, live it up, only a 9 more months until Hope & Change take a trip back to Kenya.

RayNetherwood writes:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

mhs513 writes:

Had anyone ever heard of Quinnipiac University before 2008? Hmm... very interesting. How did Quinn U. become such a polling authority?

mrz333 writes:

Racism isn't gone its' just gone further underground. Every once in while it rears its' ugly head in the comments we read here. If you can't act or comment in a civilized manner please, at the very least, adhere to the rules of this forum! To those that make these comments I would say not only is your ignorance showing but so is the white hood your hiding in your pocket!!!

August8 writes:

None of this means a stinking thing until our GOP Nominee is in place, wait and see. He stuck his nose into this Martin Case and things are bound to get very ugly, did he stoke it?

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

The pointless argument continues. My party is better than yours. It's sort of like two people arguing which bully is bigger and would win in a fight. Except neither person understands both bullies want to kick their arses and take their money.

I support neither party any longer. The corruption and BS lies are over the top now. I'm changing my voter registration to Dem so I can vote for Obama. Why? Because I am confident that he can burn the country to the ground the fastest. That's the only way we will have change and give the founding fathers some rest. While I am confident that Romney would run a very close second in burning the country to the ground to Obama if elected, I just think Obama can do it better.

The Euro market has turned it't focus to spain now, soon Portugal and then Spain, etc, etc, until austerity is forced on the people of the USA. I'm betting that we are way better at rioting than these pussys in the Euro zone. Those of you that don't understand what a sovereign debt crisis is, and how it happens, I strongly suggest you study up. If you think it can't happen here, you are very mistaken. Even the governments own CBO says the country will be bankrupt in 2027 (14 years from now) and they are usually very optimistic. Thanks Mom! Thanks Dad!

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

Why don't you just do like a great many former Obama supporters will do in the upcoming election and not vote at all? His support base has sunk to its lowest level since the last election and will sink lower as soon as the Republicans eat away at his lack of living up to any of his promises. I know it was Bush's fault.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True:

Why don't you just do like a great many former Obama supporters will do in the upcoming election and not vote at all? His support base has sunk to its lowest level since the last election and will sink lower as soon as the Republicans eat away at his lack of living up to any of his promises. I know it was Bush's fault.

The Republicans always live up to their campaign promises? Right... I must have forgotten that. There's no corruption in the Republican party is there? Keep that thought. Keep watching FOX. If they tell you something it has to be true? Right? The same goes for the Dems. No difference there? If CNN says it's true it must be?

The outcome is going to be the same either way. Look around the world. The entire Euro Zone needs to bail out this country or that one. This bank or that one. This industry or that one. The same is true here. GDP at 3%. Without Government spending real GDP is -3%. Where's the organic growth? The DEMS and the Repubs know the second they pull the throttles back on the credit, and corporate subsidized ponzi that has become the western economies (Japan included) the party ends. They have no job and the people become angry. Open your eyes.

That said Obama is doing a better job at keeping the ponzi going. Building the house of cards ever higher at a faster rate. Marginally better, but better. I think mom and dad (me unfortunately) and grandma and grandpa (the morons that allowed this to happen on their watch) should share in the coming fun we're leaving for our kids. Godspeed Obama!

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

Regarding the voters I refer to, it does not matter what the previous administrations have done in the past. Many of Obama's supporters do not know who is even in this administration. All they know is that the guy in office now has not lived up to his promises or given them the handouts as they would have liked. That is what will destroy his chances of getting their vote in the upcoming election.

ajm3s writes:

in response to RayPray:

"a replay of 1980. There are just so many similarities."

>>> Central non-similarity being absence of popular real-guy Reagan and presence of zero-integrity Ken-Doll Romney....

>>> Ever hard to beat even half-somebody with nobody.

>>> Hope & change may have faded. But if team Obama can sober up its food stamp & government union constituency long enough to wobble to the polls, Barak will win over anemic Repub ticket.

Love the comments, but I often base my predictions through a lens of dementia, and it has been quite revealing and prophetic.

Bear in mind, this prediction is based on an aura while engaged in spirits consumption. Eventually, I will vomit and vote ABO. And then make the claim it was something I ate, when in fact, it may have been what I voted for.

Please no wagering at the bar, but your point is well taken and duly noted.

LOL

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True:

Regarding the voters I refer to, it does not matter what the previous administrations have done in the past. Many of Obama's supporters do not know who is even in this administration. All they know is that the guy in office now has not lived up to his promises or given them the handouts as they would have liked. That is what will destroy his chances of getting their vote in the upcoming election.

"it does not matter what the previous administrations have done in the past"?
It does matter! Those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Handouts? Which ones? Medicare? Social Security? Unemployment? Foodstamps? Or handouts to banks and corporations? Bank and corporate handouts dwarf the social programs. These are the handouts actually driving the $15 Trillion deficit higher. The problem? If the bank and corporate handouts stop, the economy stops. Or is dramatically reduced inducing a recession like no one has ever seen. It will happen anyway. When the social handouts stop the people will become angry. I can't wait until they make reductions to unemployment and the food stamp programs while the cost of food and energy are rising. Here comes a lot of dumb and very angry people, that's a great combination by the way. Then the reductions to social security and medicare come and now the old people with their walkers are clashing with the angry, dumb, hungry people. That should be entertaining! There are limits to everything. The DEMS and REPUBS know this. They can't stop. This is why they and the people don't want to talk about it.

That's probably a little over your head so lets go back to social programs. They are out of control too. Who will stop them? Which party? The answer? Neither one! Elections are more important than fiscal responsibility.

90% the people that voted for Bush, or Reagan or Kennedy didn't know who was in those administrations. People are dumb. End of story. Continue on doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Brilliant!

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

WFT,

I do not think your statistics can be substantiated. Please try again. Without those so called Companies you are complaining about how many more people would be out of work?

None of those on Welfare or Food Stamps have created ANY jobs, have they?

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

Now lets try some actual statistics.
In 2010 the U.S. spent 880 Billion Dollars on welfare. It has been said that in 2012 that number will be over $1 Trillion. That is not going to go any lower because of the increase in population caused by those on welfare. The $17 Trillion deficit will increase by more than $10 Trillion over the next 10 years, not counting inflation just from this alone and who is going to pay for that? Now tell me who is getting what for what? No free handouts????? You have to be kidding. Tell me that this number is going to decrease any time soon. You can think what you wish and I will think what I know. Also who voted 95% as a group for Obama? It was not those who actually work for a living. I wonder why that was?
Stop the influx of illegal aliens and find jobs for those on welfare which the illegals come here for.

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

WTF,
What do you say we do? How do we correct the problems? If you go by what you have said, there is no answer and we are doomed in the long run. I guess it is time for those that can, move to another country because by what you have indicated. I guess I am one of the unconvinced ones who does not think that way and I plan to stay and enjoy America, what it is, will be and ride the bumps as they come and go.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

I'm not arguing what was spent where? Heres some facts. 2012 federal pensions $800 Billion, Healthcare $894 Billion (Bernanke himself said healthcare is the elephant in the room) and this is medicare, it is set to exceed $1 Trillion by 2014 (it will next year if not this year) The law of exponents (rule of 72) says it will double every 7 years. Think about that. in 14 years at this rate it will be nearly $3 Trillion. More than the government takes in. Who is paying for that? I can look up numbers all day long but the facts are we are spending more than we take in. The numbers you can look up don't include all the off balance sheet spending the Gov has. I'm guessing easily another $500 Billion a year. Corporate welfare you ask about? How about the $800 billion in tarp, billions to aig, GM, Chrysler, GE, Fannie Mae, Freddie MAC. I didn't even mention subsidies yet. Think oil companies, big pharma, green crap, etc.

What are the Federal Reserves endless QE's and manipulation of interest rates doing to the mid to long term economy. How's grandmas CD doing today?

What do we do. We do what nobody wants to talk about let a lone do. Slash spending to below what we take in. I'm not against all deficit spending if there is a clear plan to pay it back or if it's done in time of war, (no Iraq and Afghanistan don't count) war that threatens our nations sovereignty. What we do is cut $1 trillion from the budget today. That will effect everyone. It won't be pleasant but it has to be done, and done now! It won't be though. Not until we are forced to. Like Greece and soon Spain, Portugal, and Italy. Japan is teetering on the edge now. The UK is in the same boat.

There won't be anywhere to run when it reaches the US. Look up the term "Debt Saturation" and read all you can about it. Then study how money is created and how a debt based economy works. You will start to understand then.

Contrary to what you may think. I love America. I never would leave. The system is broken, but it will be restarted at some point (all debt based systems throughout history end, that's fact) and maybe we can do it better next time. I will stay and be as prepared as I can be. Vote for whoever you want. It won't matter. The system has been chosen and human nature is what it is.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

Klaus,
I said people. And your leading the charge!

Why are you here again? Because this is the greatest country in the world! That's why!

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

I am not arguing with you on your points. What I will say, once again, is that many people have seen that Obama has in no way lived up to the change he made many believe was going to happen. I contend that many of those who voted for him in his first election will not vote for him and, for whatever reason they have, will not vote for the Republicans either. This will diminish Obama's foundation for a win in a serious manner. It may only take 2 or 3 percent of his support group falling away and not voting for him to cost him the election. Sorry to say at this time in history this is the best we can do for America.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True:

I am not arguing with you on your points. What I will say, once again, is that many people have seen that Obama has in no way lived up to the change he made many believe was going to happen. I contend that many of those who voted for him in his first election will not vote for him and, for whatever reason they have, will not vote for the Republicans either. This will diminish Obama's foundation for a win in a serious manner. It may only take 2 or 3 percent of his support group falling away and not voting for him to cost him the election. Sorry to say at this time in history this is the best we can do for America.

So...we basically agree. The difference is I think the situation is much graver than our corrupt leaders are telling the people.

I predict that this is the last chance for either party. If things get materially worse after the election (they will) there will be a third party elected in 2016. The people from both sides of the fence are growing tired of the games being played by their party. I have yet to meet a Conservative excited to vote for Romney. They just say "anybody but Obama" and that is sad.

The 3rd party, likely Libertarian I would support with both hands. Whats not to like? Limited Government, Capitalism, Free markets regulate themselves. It's not perfect but it beats the direction the other two are taking us.

Listen to what Ron Paul says. Under him there would be limited welfare. The churches and charities would fill that roll. No more corporate bailouts. Free markets would be allowed to work. Had GM failed and the market allowed to work I guarantee someone would have stepped in and bought the assets of GM and put those people back to work. Likely Toyota, but who cares? They build a superior product in a company that is more efficiently run. Eventually an American company would likely arise to compete with them. That's how capitalism works. Their are union issues and political issues that led to the demise of GM as well but under Paul I don't think unions would carry much weight. Why do Republicans hate Ron Paul? It seems to me the issues he stands for are conservative ones. The only thing I can figure is that they are scared he will shrink the military. Whats wrong with that. Do we need to police the world?

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

WTF,

Going along with what you said regarding no matter who is in office things are the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=...

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

Realistically,

The chances for the Libertarians to win in this country is a waste of your voting efforts. Some of their ideas ring true and make a great deal of sense, but voting for them is tatamount to hiding your head in the sand. Who will win the election will be either a Democrat or a Republican. The question is which of the two will be better for the country.

I must repeat though after looking at the video and now learning that if gas prices increase, my life or your life will be saved as a result is pushing the BS envelope a bit too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=...

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

I'm early on my call. Time will tell if I am correct or not. Not much time though. A lot can change in 4 years. The problem with the Libertarian party is that they have never been able to put together a platform everyone in the party agrees upon. They also need someone that can express the message once they have a clear, concise message. The principles are there, it's the surrounding issues that need clarification. The baby boomers have had it drilled into their heads that Libertarians are just some people that want to legalize pot. Tuff to change what the media has drilled into some peoples heads the last few decades.

The discontent with the current crop of candidates among conservative voters is thick. Cut it with a knife thick! I think Obama is going to wipe the floor with Romney if he's the nominee. If there are debates between Romney and Obama they will be painful for conservatives to watch. Newt vs Obama would be highly entertaining! Newt would destroy Obama in a debate setting. But Newt will not be the Nominee. Thank you.

I believe that deep cuts to GOV spending are coming in the next 4 years, no matter who is elected. They won't be voluntary. That time is passed. The question is where are the cuts going to start?

The answer to your question, "which of the two will be better for the country?" IMO neither. Neither one is willing to accept the fact that business as usual is not going to work any longer.

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

WFT,

I think the entertainment would begin with Newt doing a job on Obama, instead of being the spoiler in his own party.

Without the monitors, Obama is going to have a hard time no matter who he actually has to debate. You have to remember, no matter anybody thinks, Romney has handled himself quite well in the past to get where he is. I think we are all going to be surprised when this thing comes down to the end.

First we have to get the Supreme Court to do its job with the Health Care Bill and then the fireworks will fly.

To say the least this is going to be quite a bit different than the last presidential election. As far as what the results will be, we will have to deal with that when the time comes.

I am not going to bet either way on this one.

August8 writes:

Not for long, he's running out of people and groups to bad mouth.

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

No Klaus, it is called the Constitution and believe it or not, it is their job to decide whether or not laws are Constitutional, not some present day laymen, many of whom never read the document they voted on in the first place. That is why the constitution was set up with the separation of powers.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Today is a perfect example of the real economy. Bernanke says operation twist (the Fed selling short term treasuries 2, 5, 7, and some 10 years, and buying the long end to manipulate rates )may not be extended and the prospects of more QE look less likely. Dow drops. Why? Because the entire economy is being manipulated because the government sees there is little to no organic growth in the real economy. It is like communist central planning, not free market economics. Disgusting! May as well live in China or Russia now. The GOV wants to control the price of health care, education, housing, cars, energy, food, etc. There is going to be no such thing as the free market setting prices soon. Go vote! It might matter. LOL!

The criminals in DC love the FED (a private banking cartel that's not part of the US GOV) because it allows them to borrow endless amounts of money at low rates. Low rates create liquidity in the private market and liquidity created with borrowed money is the only reason there still is a housing market not to mention the reason 90% of the highly levered banks, and corporations are still in business. All good things must end.

GM says sales were up 12% YOY today. Why did their dealer inventory just hit an all time high at 713,008? http://investor.gm.com/sales-production/ The only thing the people like that GM builds are their pickups and suv's. I'm sure people are lined up around the dealer to buy those at $4+ gallon gas. The rest is all fleet sales to the gov and favored corporations. I bet there is a tax break for GE (who should have been bankrupted by GE finance and ResCap, now Ally Bank thanks to the GOV, I mean tax payers) when they purchase fleet cars from GM?

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

I feel that Romney knew, a great deal more about what he signed than the clueless congressmen that signed the unconstitutional bill that they signed.

Klaus, I guess in a world that may think that two wrongs make a right, you carry it out, to the extreme, in your mind, that hundreds of wrongs must make it totally right.

If one follows your way of thinking about Obama, why have a copy, Obama, if you could have the real thing, Romney?

You point out a prime example of Obama's inability to think of something on his own. I really wonder if he has ever?

Now regarding his subtle threats, he is showing his desire to be a dictator and tell the Supreme Court what is Constitutional and what is not. Maybe he should come up with a new book called "The Audacity of Ego"?

His bill will be shut down, big time.

26yearsonmarco writes:

Klaus:

Please get a good nights sleep, and when you wake up, click on this link because One Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bara...

ajm3s writes:

in response to WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot:

Today is a perfect example of the real economy. Bernanke says operation twist (the Fed selling short term treasuries 2, 5, 7, and some 10 years, and buying the long end to manipulate rates )may not be extended and the prospects of more QE look less likely. Dow drops. Why? Because the entire economy is being manipulated because the government sees there is little to no organic growth in the real economy. It is like communist central planning, not free market economics. Disgusting! May as well live in China or Russia now. The GOV wants to control the price of health care, education, housing, cars, energy, food, etc. There is going to be no such thing as the free market setting prices soon. Go vote! It might matter. LOL!

The criminals in DC love the FED (a private banking cartel that's not part of the US GOV) because it allows them to borrow endless amounts of money at low rates. Low rates create liquidity in the private market and liquidity created with borrowed money is the only reason there still is a housing market not to mention the reason 90% of the highly levered banks, and corporations are still in business. All good things must end.

GM says sales were up 12% YOY today. Why did their dealer inventory just hit an all time high at 713,008? http://investor.gm.com/sales-production/ The only thing the people like that GM builds are their pickups and suv's. I'm sure people are lined up around the dealer to buy those at $4+ gallon gas. The rest is all fleet sales to the gov and favored corporations. I bet there is a tax break for GE (who should have been bankrupted by GE finance and ResCap, now Ally Bank thanks to the GOV, I mean tax payers) when they purchase fleet cars from GM?

Excellent! But I think we should still vote. Especially locally!

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

Have we all now seen the smoke screen Klaus puts up when discussing the Unconstitutional Health Care Plan? He is now staying up pontificating on everything but everything but the point at hand. The Supreme Court of this land is not to be threatened by the president in any way. PERIOD!

26yearsonmarco writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

"Left hand? Right hand? What is the big deal?"

THIS COMMENT OF YOURS TELLS ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU. WHEN DOES YOUR GREEN CARD EXPIRE??

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Klaus,
Please stop using the great Obama phrase. It causes me to want to vomit, then seek you out and waterboard you.

We do not live in a monarchy here in the US. We do not kneel before our elected officials or kiss their rings. We do not refer to them as great this or that, we do not call them "my lord", "my king" "my leader", or any thing like that. They work for us. They are elected by us. At least that's the way it is supposed to work.

Maybe you would be better off in a country where they still have a monarchy. Someone you could kneel before, call great? Kiss their feet?

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

It looks more and more like the Supreme Court vote is going to be 5 to 4 against and very possibly 6 to 3 against. Too bad Klaus, you are on the losing side again.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

Klaus,
You have that backwards. The people WITH health care are the losers! Everyone in this country that is sick and shows up at a hospital gets treated regardless of ability to pay or if they have insurance or not. It is the people WITH health insurance that pay through higher premiums. It is those people and the people that pay taxes that are the losers.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

Note from the guy in Greece: "The Tsolakoglou government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state. And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting (although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him), I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don’t find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance. I believe that young people with no future, will one day take up arms and hang the traitors of this country at Syntagma square, just like the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945"

This guy is the current PM of Greece. The current interim Prime Minister is Lucas Papademos,[1] a former Vice President of the European Central Bank. He was put there by the Euro morons running the circus. Not elected by the people of Greece.

I believe these episodes will become common in the coming years in developed nations. Followed by the commonality of this portion of the note "(although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him)" as young people begin to realize that the generation before them and the current crop of criminals in DC have bankrupt their nation and any hope of having the same standards of living their parents and grandparents had is gone. Anyone that believes that would never happen here, or things are different now, or that can't ever happen again because some how the laws of mathematics have changed are delusional.

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

Very nice, Klaus, calling people with no health care plan losers. I am sure that they will appreciate your personal implication of superiority.

You have already called Americans s----- now you call them losers because they may have chosen not to purchase health care for themselves.

You feel the government can tell them that they "must" purchase health care because they are so s----- they do not know how to take care of themselves and the government will do it for them.Just more typical liberal Democratic idiology.

Maybe soon the government will be able to tell us what to do and take care of all our needs and nobody will have to work unless the government decides for us what we should be doing to take care of ourselves otherwise they will fine us for not listening to them and of course since you are so smart you will be one of those telling others how to live their lives because as you have said many times in the past how s----- Americans are.

Now let us all bow down to Klaus....Yeah right!

Mayor_McCheese writes:

in response to Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True:

Very nice, Klaus, calling people with no health care plan losers. I am sure that they will appreciate your personal implication of superiority.

You have already called Americans s----- now you call them losers because they may have chosen not to purchase health care for themselves.

You feel the government can tell them that they "must" purchase health care because they are so s----- they do not know how to take care of themselves and the government will do it for them.Just more typical liberal Democratic idiology.

Maybe soon the government will be able to tell us what to do and take care of all our needs and nobody will have to work unless the government decides for us what we should be doing to take care of ourselves otherwise they will fine us for not listening to them and of course since you are so smart you will be one of those telling others how to live their lives because as you have said many times in the past how s----- Americans are.

Now let us all bow down to Klaus....Yeah right!

I may be wrong, but I don't think Klaus was referring to people who choose not to have insurance.

The fact is - and it is a fact - that over 80 million+ Americans do not have any health insurance because they either can not afford to buy private insurance or their employers don't offer it.

Yes, these people are winners under the President's HC plan and will be losers (along with people with pre-existing conditions and others) if the law is found to be unconstitutional.

The idea that anyone in America can get health care simply by showing up at an emergency room is simply false. Yes, if it is an emergency, they will get acute care treatment, but if they are one of the millions of Americans with chronic or acute deseases or disabilities, they will get nothing.

I guess thats not a problem if you have insurance, but it would be very refreshing if the Republicans would explain to us how they plan to deal with the millions of Americans who have no health insurance if the law is thrown out.

I guess since many of those uninsured people vote Democrat or don't vote at all, they are of no interest to the Republican candidates or Congress.

If the President added a provision to the HC law that provided a free gun with your mandated health insurance, the Republicans would overwelmingly support it.

Is_It_True_Partially_True_Or_Not_True (Inactive) writes:

Mayor,

Believe me I see and understand your very significant concerns, but, the method of getting to the solution should not jeopardize our Constitution in the way that has been suggested by Klaus or Obama. If there is to be a way to help insure those who are not fortunate enough to have insurance it should not step on everone's rights deliniated by the best governing document in the world.

Klaus does not understand the fact that the Supreme Court determines whether or not decisions by the Houses of Congress are Constitional or not. The Supreme Court was never designed to make laws. He creates his own, non existant, issues to rant about.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to GorchFock:

(This comment was removed by the site staff.)

"That is correct but it brings people to bankruptcy"

That"s better than being dead? And yes Klaus, premiums are high because the insured pay for the uninsured.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot writes:

in response to Mayor_McCheese:

I may be wrong, but I don't think Klaus was referring to people who choose not to have insurance.

The fact is - and it is a fact - that over 80 million+ Americans do not have any health insurance because they either can not afford to buy private insurance or their employers don't offer it.

Yes, these people are winners under the President's HC plan and will be losers (along with people with pre-existing conditions and others) if the law is found to be unconstitutional.

The idea that anyone in America can get health care simply by showing up at an emergency room is simply false. Yes, if it is an emergency, they will get acute care treatment, but if they are one of the millions of Americans with chronic or acute deseases or disabilities, they will get nothing.

I guess thats not a problem if you have insurance, but it would be very refreshing if the Republicans would explain to us how they plan to deal with the millions of Americans who have no health insurance if the law is thrown out.

I guess since many of those uninsured people vote Democrat or don't vote at all, they are of no interest to the Republican candidates or Congress.

If the President added a provision to the HC law that provided a free gun with your mandated health insurance, the Republicans would overwelmingly support it.

McCheese,
Klaus was referring to Americans without health care being the losers.

Please provide a source for 80 million Americans without insurance. I have read the number is only about half that. Remember, I don't support either party. I do support the ideology of free markets a limited government. The cost rise in secondary education can be directly tied to the government getting involved in system. Health care is no different.

Even under the Obamacare people with pre-existing conditions are still losers. This whole fight is pointless because none of the law, or the DC morons, deal with the real reason the health care system is broken to begin with. Constitutional or not.

Fact. The cost of health care to the government will be $3 trillion in 14 years. With a falling labor participation rate (that means less taxable income that can be collected by the gov) I hope your willing to make up the difference. That's at the current level of spending. Obamacare has already been found to be off by billions in their initial cost projections.

Love the comment about handing out guns with health care. That's a page right out of sharptons play book. I thought you were more intelligent than needing to resort to comments like that.

Brisla writes:

in response to 26yearsonmarco:

Klaus:

Please get a good nights sleep, and when you wake up, click on this link because One Picture is Worth a Thousand Words:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bara...

This is a photoshopped picture. Notice the Marine behind them - he has his medals on the wrong side of his uniform.

Here's the original picture -

http://www.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1....

Share your thoughts

Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.

Comments can be shared on Facebook and Yahoo!. Add both options by connecting your profiles.

Features