Palmetto Ridge at Barron Collier, 7 p.m.
First Baptist at Community School, 7 p.m.
Immokalee at Golden Gate, 7 p.m.
Gulf Coast at Lemon Bay, 7 p.m.
Marco Island Academy at Miami-Solid Rock Christian, 7 p.m.
Evangelical Christian at St. John Neumann, 7 p.m.
Lehigh at Estero, 7:30 p.m.
Naples at Lely, 7:30 p.m.
South Fort Myers at Ida Baker, 7:30 p.m.
* * *
LIVE AUDIO TONIGHT
Naples at Lely (WBGY/FM 98.1) or STREAMING AUDIO)
Immokalee at Golden Gate (WMYE/FM 90.5, FM 103.3,FM 107.7) or STREAMING)
NAPLES — Unless we have tiebreakers Monday night, the area's playoff picture will become crystal clear after tonight.
It's not very cloudy in most districts. Naples (6A-12), South Fort Myers (6A-11) and First Baptist (2A-6) already have won district titles; Immokalee and Golden Gate will face off for one (5A-12). Class 5A-11? There are plenty of scenarios depending on who does what tonight.
The Indians and Titans played for the title last year, with Immokalee cruising to a 69-13 win. It figures to be a little harder this time. The Indians have struggled, partially due to injuries, and Golden Gate has rebounded from an 0-5 start to win three straight.
"This is a big game on three levels," Golden Gate coach Mike DiGrigoli said. "First is the opportunity to win our first district title. Then there's adding another win to a season that's been short on them. And there's playoff seeding, which can have state championship implications."
Read Scott Clair's full preview.
While the Indians and Titans know they're already in the playoffs, Barron Collier and Palmetto Ridge will face off once again with a district runner-up berth in the balance. The Cougars seem to be peaking after upsetting Immokalee, 12-9, on the road, and come in off a bye, while the Bears are struggling. But Palmetto Ridge has been pointing toward this game, including trying to slow Barron Collier's run-happy offense.
"We're going to bring up six people (in the box) and try to make them throw the ball because we feel we are able to stop their passing game," Palmetto Ridge lineman Chase Davis said. "Run-wise, we know they have big backs and they are good. They have strong linemen and strong backs. They are a good team, but we have been prepping for them."
Read Scott Butherus' full preview.
Up in Lee County, Estero plays its biggest game since it was a perennial playoff team a decade ago. The Wildcats can clinch a playoff spot with a win against Lehigh.
Read Kevin Johnson's preview here.
Even Gulf Coast has a chance at the playoffs. The Sharks have to beat Lemon Bay, and get some help to get into a Monday tiebreaker.
Read Andy Sodergren's preview.
Meanwhile, Naples' two oldest high schools will play for The 'Nut, and do it with a new name for the Coconut Bowl Trophy, which will be renamed the Joe Klimas Trophy. The local broadcasting icon died in August at the age of 74. Check out Adam Fisher's story on the renaming of the trophy.
On the field, Lely is coming off one of its most dominant performances in years, a 47-0 victory over Palmetto Ridge. Naples, ranked No. 2 in Class 6A, will be trying to shake off some rust after last week's game against North Miami Beach was canceled when that team couldn't travel due to Hurricane Sandy.
Read Adam Fisher's preview.
Just want straight talk? Adam also has a complete breakdown of the playoff scenarios.
Tonight's schedule has nine games on tap, and naplesnews.com will have them all covered from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. Join NDN journalists and area gridiron fans at 7 tonight for a live chat .
For live scoring updates on the go tonight and PrepZone headlines throughout the week, follow our Twitter feed @NDN_PrepZone. If you're tweeting from the game, don't forget to use the hashtag #prepzone for all of your tweets!
After the final whistle, we'll have complete coverage of all the games, along with video, full photo galleries and fan pics, which you can send to us at participate.naplesnews.com.
OTHER GAMES TONIGHT
2012 PREPZONE FOOTBALL: WEEK 9
- Video: Estero holds off Mariner
- Video: Trojans come alive against Bears
- Video: Neumann defeats Southwest Florida Christian
- Video: Golden Gate pulls away from Gulf Coast
- Video: Wolfpack squeak by Charlotte
- Photos: Gulf Coast vs. Golden Gate
- Photos: Lely vs. Palmetto Ridge
- Photos: South Fort Myers vs. Charlotte
- Your Photos: Gulf Coast Band
- Your Photos: Golden Gate Band
- Prep football: Golden Gate pulls away from Gulf Coast
- Prep football: Lely comes alive against Palmetto Ridge
- Prep football: Estero holds off Mariner, holds on to playoff chances
- Prep football: Gateway Charter shuts out Marco Island Academy
- Community School defense steps up in win over Bradenton-St. Stephen's
- Prep football: First Baptist Academy hangs on against ODA to win first district title
- Prep football: Wolfpack squeaks by Charlotte, remains perfect
- Prep football: Neumann intercepts Southwest Florida Christian at the pass
- Prep football: Naples High game canceled because of Hurricane Sandy
- Chat, scores, videos, photos and stories from Week 9
- Participate: Send us your fan photos
- Database: Search high school football scores in Collier, south Lee
- Blog: The Huddle
- Podcast: The Huddle
- Facebook: Keep up with all the PrepZone action
- Twitter: Follow @ndn_prepzone on Twitter for the latest updates
- Get complete high school sports coverage at naplesnews.com/prepzone