Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about today:
1. NO LETUP IN VIOLENCE BETWEEN ISRAEL AND HAMAS: Palestinian militants continued to barrage Israel with rockets, and Israel announced it was widening its offensive to target the military commanders of the ruling Islamist group.
2. CONGRESS LOOKS TO EGYPT FOR SOLUTION TO MIDDLE EAST VIOLENCE: Lawmakers say Cairo needs to take serious diplomatic steps to rein in Hamas.
3. OBAMA EXTENDS 'HAND OF FRIENDSHIP' TO LONG-SHUNNED MYANMAR: The president makes a historic trip to the Asian nation, meeting its leader Thein Sein and longtime activist Aung San Suu Kyi.
4. HOW OBAMA'S EDUCATION AGENDA COULD UNFOLD IN SECOND TERM: The administration is likely to focus on early childhood programs and higher-ed.
5. WHAT PAULA BROADWELL IS TELLING HER FRIENDS: Petraeus' biographer and former mistress says she is devastated by the fallout from their affair.
6. WRANGLERS BLAME 'HOBBIT' PRODUCTION COMPANY FOR ANIMAL DEATHS: Up to 27 animals died at a film facility filled with 'death traps.'
7. SAN FRANCISCO MAY SHED 'ANYTHING GOES' IMAGE: City lawmakers plan to vote on an ordinance that would prohibit nudity in most public places.
8. 'TWILIGHT' FINALE EVEN DRAWS GUYS: The movie sucks up $141.3 million domestically, $340.9 million worldwide and the biggest male crowds in the series.
9. WHO JUSTIN BIEBER'S DATE WAS AT THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS: The 18-year-old's mother was there to watch him win artist of the year and two other trophies.
10. A BIG THANKSGIVING WEEKEND FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Notre Dame needs only to beat Southern California to secure a BCS title game spot.
5 THINGS TO KNOW IN FLORIDA TODAY
1. DEADLINE PASSES ON RECOUNT IN WEST-MURPHY RACE: Election officials missed a deadline to report results of the two-day recount in GOP Rep. Allen West's race to remain in Congress, apparently sealing unofficial results giving the win to Democrat Patrick Murphy.
2. STATE HEARS PROPOSED FPL BASE RATE SETTLEMENT: State regulators begin a hearing on whether to approve the settlement between Florida Power & Light Co. and groups representing industrial, health care and federal government customers.
3. PRISON PRIVATIZATION: A judge in Tallahassee holds a hearing in another challenge by unions representing nurses and other health care workers to the state's plans to privatize prison health care services.
4. SKELETAL REMAINS FOUND NEAR ORLANDO: A passer-by called Orange County Sheriff's deputies Sunday after finding a body behind a shopping center.
5. BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPERS LINING UP: Some are already in line outside one Best Buy store in Tampa, where the shoppers "reunite" every year for Black Friday.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.