Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. HUGO CHAVEZ RE-ELECTED TO ANOTHER SIX YEARS: It was the Venezuelan president's closest race yet, and the victory gives him a freer hand to push for an even bigger state role in the economy.
2. SMALLER PURSE FOR NOBEL PRIZES: The prestige is as great as ever, but the cash award has been reduced by 20 percent to 8 million Swedish kronor ($1.2 million), due to turmoil on financial markets.
3. HOW ASTRONAUTS GET DESSERT: SpaceX launched its unmanned Falcon rocket containing 1,000 pounds of cargo, including chocolate-vanilla swirl ice cream for the space station crew.
4. OBAMA POKES FUN AT HIS OWN DEBATE PERFORMANCE: He marveled how Katy Perry, John Bon Jovi and other celebrities perform flawlessly night after night, adding: "I can't always say the same."
5. VAN DER SLOOT IMPREGNATES WOMAN FROM BEHIND BARS: The woman, who is more than three months along, became pregnant during an unsupervised visit to the imprisoned Dutch killer, a newspaper reports.
6. WHAT'S AHEAD FOR JERRY SANDUSKY: The convicted sex abuser, to be sentenced Tuesday, probably will be able to work a 30-hour week to make a few dollars in the prison where he'll likely live out his days.
7. FRIENDLY FIRE BEHIND BORDER PATROL DEATH: An agent apparently shot at his colleagues, thinking they were smugglers, and was killed when they returned fire, a union official explained.
8. WHERE GAS COSTS A RECORD $4.65 A GALLON: In California, average statewide gas prices jumped 16 cents over the weekend, making it most expensive fuel in the nation.
9. WHO SET A CHICAGO MARATHON RECORD: Ethiopian Tsegaye Kebede crossed the finish line in 2 hours, 4 minutes and 38 seconds, setting a course record and ending a nine-year run by Kenyans.
10. WHY A NEW ZEALAND CITY IS CHANGING ITS NAME: Wellington plans to unofficially rename itself "The Middle of Middle-earth" for three weeks before and after the premiere of "The Hobbit" trilogy.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.