Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about on Tuesday:
1. AMID CLASH, CANDIDATES FIND COMMON GROUND: In final debate, Obama and Romney both stress support for Israel, and both oppose sending U.S. forces to topple Assad.
2. YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?: The AP's Calvin Woodward examines Obama and Romney's claims, separating fact from fiction.
3. HOW THE SPA SHOOTING SUSPECT GOT HIS GUN — DESPITE PRIOR VIOLENCE: Police say Radcliffe Haughton didn't have to wait for a background check, because he bought his weapon from a private individual.
4. WHAT APPLE HASN'T TOLD US ABOUT ITS NEW MINI IPAD: With the public getting its first look at the device Tuesday, many details are already known — except what it will cost.
5. ACCUSED USS COLE BOMBER SEEKS TO HALT GUANTANAMO TRIAL: Lawyers for Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri say that since the U.S. wasn't at war at the time of the bombing in Yemen, the 47-year-old shouldn't be tried at the U.S. base.
6. LANCE ARMSTRONG: HEROICS THAT NEVER HAPPENED: The Texan is no longer a seven-time Tour de France winner. His name has been erased from the record books.
7. WHY GREEN BUILDINGS ARE ON THE RISE IN PERSIAN GULF STATES: Oil-rich countries are realizing their fossil fuel supplies will someday run out and they should chart a more sustainable path.
8. SYRIAN REGIME AND REBELS CONSTANTLY ADAPT THEIR ARSENALS: As the civil war heats up, the opposition is getting more advanced gear while government troops resort to low-tech weapons for urban warfare.
9. AN AWARD TO GET ELLEN DEGENERES DANCING: She receives the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, joining the ranks of Bill Cosby and Tina Fey.
10. GIANTS RETURN TO WORLD SERIES AFTER COMEBACK AGAINST CARDINALS: San Francisco won its record-tying sixth elimination game of the postseason, beating St. Louis 9-0 in Game 7 of the NLCS.
5 THINGS TO KNOW TODAY IN FLORIDA
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
1. GOVERNOR, CABINET CONSIDER NEW LICENSE PLATES: The plates would be completely flat, making it easier for toll and red light cameras to read.
2. STOCKING UP ON CALORIES: FLORIDA'S BLACK BEAR: Wildlife officials ask residents to be extra diligent in securing food sources that can attract bears.
3. PICKUP RUNS OVER WOMAN'S HEAD: The Gainesville woman was sunbathing at the time and escaped with relatively minor injuries
4. UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA STUDENT'S FUNERAL IN MIAMI: Christian Aguilar's body was found Oct. 12 in rural Levy County. His friend has been charged with first-degree murder.
5. A MONKEY TO CATCH A MONKEY: Animal trapper to use 1-year-old male monkey to trap wild monkey on the lam in St. Petersburg.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.