Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about on Thursday:
1. ROMNEY ERASES OBAMA'S ADVANTAGE AMONG WOMEN: An AP-GfK poll finds that the GOP candidate pulled even with the president among women voters, after lagging by 16 points a month ago. And the president, in turn, has largely eliminated Romney's edge among men.
2. HOW THE DEBATES IGNORED SOME HIGH-PROFILE ISSUES: Activists on both sides are upset that Obama and Romney didn't discuss key topics such as foreclosures, gay marriage and climate change.
3. RAPE REMARKS THROW CONTENTIOUS ISSUE BACK IN CAMPAIGN: Romney backs Indiana Senate hopeful Mourdock as Obama campaign plans to continue criticizing rape pregnancies statement.
4. TERMINALLY ILL WWII VETERAN DIES AFTER CASTING LAST BALLOT: The 93-year-old's determination to vote inspired thousands as a photo of him filling his ballot went viral.
5. SUPER STORM THREATENS EAST COAST: A hybrid of Hurricane Sandy and a winter storm could sweep across the East Coast with gale-force winds, heavy rain and possibly snow next week.
6. SIOUX FALLS BRACES FOR MCGOVERN SERVICES: Vice President Biden will be among hundreds honoring the former presidential candidate in his home city.
7. THIS TIME, IT'S PERSONAL: CEO Steve Ballmer can't afford a flop when Microsoft unveils Windows 8, a pivotal overhaul of its operating system.
8. WHAT SHIITE IRAQIS FEAR: Concerns rise over the Muslim sect's followers and its holy sites in Syria as ultraconservative Sunnis' influence increases.
9. WHY THAIS ARE FLOCKING TO ILLEGAL COSMETIC SURGERY CLINICS: Cheap injections carry the promise of a new face and a better life. They also sometimes come at a hefty health cost.
10. BASEBALL HAS NEW MR. OCTOBER: Pablo Sandoval hits three home runs and joins Jackson, Ruth and Pujols as the only players to do it in the World Series in the Giants' 8-3 win over Tigers.
5 THINGS TO KNOW IN FLORIDA TODAY
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
1. HURRICANE SANDY BRINGS RIP CURRENTS TO FLORIDA: Windy conditions and large ocean swells will be Sandy's biggest threats to the state through the weekend.
2. CLINTON SET TO JOIN OBAMA IN FLORIDA NEXT WEEK: Former President Bill Clinton will team up with President Obama at a campaign rally in Orlando on Monday.
3. REPORT SHOWS TIRE TOOL FOUND NEAR SALON SHOOTING: Police say the gunman likely took it in case he was locked out of the Casselberry salon.
4. NORTH FLORIDA SOLDIER DIES IN AFGHANISTAN: Officials say 42-year-old Micahel S. Duskin of Orange Park died in combat on Oct. 23.
5. JACKSONVILLE MAN CHARGED IN DOG ATTACK: Police say man beat the dog with a pipe after it ate his pet bird.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.