Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. HOW EXPERTS VIEW THE FED'S BOLD PLAN TO BOOST THE ECONOMY: Investors sent stock prices rocketing. But economists are skeptical the vigorous bond-buying will help.
2. UPHEAVAL OVER ANTI-MUSLIM FILM CONTINUES: Police, protesters clash near the U.S. Embassy in Cairo. In Israel, police boost their presence in Jerusalem's old city.
3. AFGHAN WAR FADES FROM THE NATION'S CONSCIOUSNESS: Families of U.S. soldiers killed in action despair that many fellow citizens fail to appreciate their sacrifice.
4. ON HEELS OF HARRY, ANOTHER ROYAL KERFUFFLE: A French magazine says it is publishing topless photos of Prince William's wife, Kate.
5. GUATEMALA VOLCANO ERUPTS IN RIVERS OF LAVA: More than 33,000 people were asked to evacuate and ash fell as far as 50 miles away.
6. HOW KIDS FEEL ABOUT LEANER, GREENER LUNCHES: Students give mixed grades to the extra carrots and apples — and fewer fatty foods — mandated by new federal rules.
7. SEEKING CASH, PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGNS GET CREATIVE: While Romney raffles off a chance to fly on his campaign plane, Democratic donors vie for free tickets to an Obama fundraiser starring Beyonce, Jay-Z.
8. ELDERLY DEFENDANT IN 1957 SLAYING OF ILLINOIS GIRL AWAITS HIS FATE: After closing arguments at 10 a.m., a judge could issue a verdict in one of the oldest cold-case murders to ever go to trial.
9. HOW FIDO MEASURES UP: Zeus the Great Dane gets the title of the world's tallest dog: 3-foot-8 from paw to shoulder.
10. THE NFL'S MOST STORIED RIVALRY RESUMES: The Green Bay Packers score on a perfectly executed fake field goal en route to beating the Chicago Bears, 23-10.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.