IMAGINE SCHOOL 42, MARCO ISLAND ACADEMY 6
IS 7 8 6 21 — 42
MIA 0 0 0 6 — 6
IS — Stevens 43 run (Anderson kick), 6:31
IS — Mack 6 run (Thomas pass from Stevens), 5:59
IS — Thomas 7 pass from Stevens (kick failed), 5:46
IS — Lamb 15 fumble return (Bennetsen kick), 10:57
MIA — Servente 60 pass from Carlisle (run failed), 9:44
IS — Stevens 7 run (Bennetsen kick), 6:01
IS — Pinkney 1 run (Bennetsen kick) 1:28
MARCO ISLAND — In a very sloppy football game, Imagine School of North Port downed host Marco Island Academy 42-6 on Friday night.
Imagine School fumbled 11 times, losing four and throwing one interceptions. Marco Island Academy fumbled five times, lost three and threw two interceptions.
“We prepared well but we made to many mental mistakes,” MIA coach Andy Delgado said. “Overall, it was an average effort. I’m not happy, but we will get better.”
Imagine quarterback Anthony Stevens carried 21 times for 210 yards. He rushed for two touchdown and threw for another.
Peter Servente scored the Manta Rays’ first varsity touchdown, completing a 60-yard pass play from Reeves Carlisle with 9:44 left in the final quarter. The score was set up by a 30-yard kickoff return by Noel Cabrera.
Elijah Mack and Anthony Stevens had first-half touchdowns to stake the Sharks to a 15-0 lead at the break. Stevens scored on a 43-yard run in the first quarter, and Mack had a 6-yard run with 5:59 before intermission.
By halftime, Imagine had eight fumbles, losing three.
In the third quarter the Manta Rays made a huge stop on downs at their own 17. On the next play Nick Dotson fumbled with the Sharks recovering at the 12-yard line. Stevens passed to Stanley Thomas for the touchdown and the point-after made it 21-0.
Academy got on the board with 9:44 in the fourth quarter, but that was all.
The Sharks’ Rodney Lamb scooped up a fumble and ran 15 yards for a score shortly after and the Sharks scored twice more to close out the game.
Michael Prada had two interceptions for the Sharks, while Alex Excel had an interception for the Manta Rays.
The Sharks total 374 yards, including 351 on the ground. The Manta Rays had 35 yards rushing on 27 carries and 70 yards passing on two completions.
The Academy hosts Deerfield Beach-Zion next Friday night.
2012 PREPZONE FOOTBALL: WEEK 5
- Video: Lions top Celtics
- Video: Wolfpack defeats North Fort Myers
- Video: Indians bounce back against Gulf Coast
- Video: Naples pulls away from Golden Gate
- Video: Barron Collier grinds up Lely
- Video: Estero takes down Palmetto Ridge
- Photos: Lely vs. Barron Collier
- Photos: First Baptist vs. St. John Neumann
- Photos: North Fort Myers vs. South Fort Myers
- Photos: Imagine School vs. Marco Island Academy
- Your Photos: Immokalee vs. Gulf Coast
- Prep football: First Baptist pushes past St. John Neumann
- Prep football: Barron Collier's ground game grinds up Lely
- Prep football: Marco Academy no match for Imagine School
- Prep football: Immokalee bounces back in big way against Gulf Coast
- Prep football: Naples High pulls away from Golden Gate in second half
- Prep football: Community School gets second straight shutout
- Prep football: Estero shakes off slow start to down Palmetto Ridge
- Prep football: South makes quick work of Red Knights
- Prep football: Friday's scores from around the state of Florida
- Prep Football: Chat, scores, videos, photos and stories from Week 5
- Participate: Send us your fan photos
- Database: Search high school football scores in Collier, south Lee
- Blog: The Huddle
- Podcast: The Huddle
- Facebook: Keep up with all the PrepZone action
- Twitter: Follow @ndn_prepzone on Twitter for the latest updates
- Get complete high school sports coverage at naplesnews.com/prepzone