Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. MARGARET THATCHER DIES: Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher died Monday morning following a stroke.
2. NORTH KOREA SUSPENDS FACTORY OPERATIONS WITH SOUTH: Pyongyang recalled 51,000 workers at the Kaesong complex as nuclear tensions escalate.
3. MOURNING FOR A YOUNG U.S. DIPLOMAT: Anne Smedinghoff, slain in Afghanistan along with four other Americans, displayed a love of global affairs while growing up outside Chicago.
4. A POSSIBLE BREAKTHROUGH ON GUN CONTROL: Congress returns today as two senators work on a bipartisan deal to expand federal background checks for gun buyers.
5. KERRY TRIES TO REVIVE PEACE PLAN: He meets today with Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad seeking softer language on borders.
6. 2 CHILDREN BURIED AT CONSTRUCTION SITE: North Carolina officials say the 6-year-old girl and 7-year-old died when a wall of dirt collapsed on them.
7. FLY THE GRUMPY SKIES: A new report says airline passenger complaints rose 20 percent last year as carriers keep shrinking seats to squeeze more people into planes.
8. HOW ORANGES MADE LILLY PULITZER A FASHION GIANT: The designer, who died Sunday in Miami, needed to hide juice-stand stains. Sleeveless dresses in colorful prints did the trick.
9. LUKE BRYAN SURPRISES AT MUSIC AWARDS: Bryan beat top stars like Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert to win entertainer of the year at the Academy of Country Music Awards.
10. RICK PITINO SHOOTS FOR BASKETBALL HISTORY: If Louisville beats Michigan Monday night, the former Kentucky coach would be the first to win NCAA finals at two schools.
5 THINGS TO KNOW TODAY IN FLORIDA
1. FASHION ICON LILLY PULITZER DIES IN PALM BEACH AT 81: Pulitzer's tropical-print shift dresses first became a sensation in the 1960s and got a revival in the 1990s.
2. BOY, 7, DIES AFTER DOG MAULING: A Panhandle boy has died a week after being mauled by two bulldogs while he was riding his bicycle. The child died Sunday afternoon in a Pensacola hospital.
3. 5-YEAR-OLD WHO FELL 7 STORIES UPGRADED TO STABLE CONDITION: Authorities say the girl suffered multiple traumatic injuries when she accidentally fell from her bedroom window in Oakland Park on Friday night.
4. SEARCH CONTINUES FOR 2 MISSING FLORIDA BOYS: Authorities hoped good weekend weather would improve their chances of tracking down a sailboat that may be carrying two boys kidnapped from their grandparents' Tampa-area home. The boys' father reportedly bought the boat shortly before tying up his mother-in-law and fleeing with the boys last week.
5. FANS ANGRY AS MARLINS BEGIN 2ND YEAR IN MIAMI BALLPARK: Thousands of empty seats are likely for Monday's home opener against the Atlanta Braves. Many potential ticket buyers are disenchanted because owner Jeffrey Loria reverted to his frugal payrolls of the past, and the team is widely projected to finish last in NL East for the third year in a row.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.